Bringing two calculators in the HSC exam? (1 Viewer)

kingdomboredom

HSC
Sorry if this has been mentioned anywhere before, but I just want to know whether it would be allowed to bring in two calculators in the exam, you know, in case the one we bring in dies. I was thinking just bring in some spare batteries (it is unlikely, but I want to be safe) but would it be allowed to bring two? Any help would be much appreciated.

narno

HSC
You can bring in as many calculators as long as they are boar aprproved.
E.g - u do general so graphics an scientific calculators

so answer to your question is yes you can bring 2 lol. If you are reffering to graphics calculator you can bring two as well. I am not to sure about the battery thing i dont think they will mind, but do you really have time to change your batteries in the exam.

goodluck! :)

PenguinOfDeath

HSC
if you need to change batteries in an exam then you'd also need a screwdriver... you really dont have that kind of time.
just take two in, why would there be any reason for you not to?

Brontecat

HSC
i'm taking two in as well, i just can't risk the calculator that i've had since yr 7 and have never had to replace the batteries on dying - it's fine to take two :)

HSC
N/A
haha, yeah i got a calculator from yr7 'cept some buttons are missing, so i bought a new one and ill use it as a backup in a test though.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Sorry if this has been mentioned anywhere before, but I just want to know whether it would be allowed to bring in two calculators in the exam, you know, in case the one we bring in dies. I was thinking just bring in some spare batteries (it is unlikely, but I want to be safe) but would it be allowed to bring two? Any help would be much appreciated.
Can understand your desire to be safe. I've even reminded my students to bring a spare calculator. But it's such a wasteful approach. Each exam venue should be required to carry a few spare calculators (common models) in case any student has an emergency. That would save students from this additional anxiety and needless inconvenience/ additional expense.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)