Burnt out?? (1 Viewer)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Don't worry dude, everyone loses motivation to some extent. It's a roller coaster ride. Just take a WHOLE NIGHT OFF or even a few days off without having to think about or worrying about the HSC. Don't think of how other people are performing or what they might be doing.

If you feel that you have gained some motivation back, just work at your own pace and especially concentrate on what material you need to personally learn, improve on, and consolidate. Take things slowly and do things bit by bit. The worse would be to have done all this work up until now, and bombing out.

Picture youself sitting the last HSC exam at the last second, and the examiners saying "pens down". How do you think you would feel if you:
1) Continued studying (appropriately with breaks etc) --> satisfied?
OR
2) Bombing out and not caring about any work etc. --> regretful?

I think you, or anyone else, would agree with the 1st decision, especially when you've come along all this way. Just give it your best shot, and if things don't go as you would like them to do in your results (of course once you have put in all your effots), then there should be no despairing about your progress in work during the HSC.

There's no failure in trying your best.

shut up

ruler of all
somewhere inside a rainbow wondering what im doing
HSC
yoakim said:
Don't worry dude, everyone loses motivation to some extent. It's a roller coaster ride. Just take a WHOLE NIGHT OFF or even a few days off without having to think about or worrying about the HSC. Don't think of how other people are performing or what they might be doing.

If you feel that you have gained some motivation back, just work at your own pace and especially concentrate on what material you need to personally learn, improve on, and consolidate. Take things slowly and do things bit by bit. The worse would be to have done all this work up until now, and bombing out.

Picture youself sitting the last HSC exam at the last second, and the examiners saying "pens down". How do you think you would feel if you:
OR

I think you, or anyone else, would agree with the 1st decision, especially when you've come along all this way. Just give it your best shot, and if things don't go as you would like them to do in your results (of course once you have put in all your effots), then there should be no despairing about your progress in work during the HSC.

the above statement is deep, meaningful and inspiring me to go study chemistry rather than drop it becos of my trial mark

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
~untitled~ said:
Gab, didnt anyone ever tell you its not nice to tell lies.
But I don't listen? :)
yoakim said:

OR

I choose the latter option. But without the regret, I won't be feeling that after I'm drunk.[comment]Yay for sarcasm. In truth, I respect this post.[/comment]

Last edited:
G

gaoOO

I choose number 2 but with the result of number 1.

That is, bombing out and not caring about any work etc. --> satisfied.

it's worked ok for me so far.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
haha yeh im definitely feeling the pressure now all the trial marks have come back.

Past two weeks i have done nothing. Also going to a selective school doesnt help.

Everyone is like "During the weekend i did 9 dot points on phys and chem etc etc.
"oh what have you done over the weekend"

Im like.."ughh i looked over my trials" (but i didnt)

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
I've literally burnt myself out! Staying up too late and getting up early just to get everything done! But yea, it's because I'm 'too' motivated and know exactly what I want. I'm happy with my UAI estimation and now I just want to be the one to get it! Mm yea, summaries are done .. study cards are getting there :) but motivation's been lacking since I turned 18 .. I've got other priorities!

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
my crap trials results SHOULD be enough motivation for me to study like there's no tomorrow.
but, alas, no.
i just do. not. want. to. open my damn notes.
however, i DO really really REALLY want my 93/international studies/compulsory year studying overseas so... i shall... attempt to study.
dang.

northofnorth

HSC
there is a slight bit of strain added at my selective school but i doubt its as much as at ruse (not trying to start any arguments).......but then being in year 12 you get used to the competition after 6 years....so no i am not burning out.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
gaoOO said:
I choose number 2 but with the result of number 1.

That is, bombing out and not caring about any work etc. --> satisfied.

it's worked ok for me so far.
lol. Says the person who got these trial results: :read:

English Advanced 94/105 Rank ~25/150
English Extension 1 47/50 Rank ~7/115
Maths ext 1 78/84 Rank ~5/110
Maths ext 2 101/120 Rank ~3/60
Physics 80/100 Rank ~20/60
Legal Studies 93/100 Rank 3/~15
bomb out muchlol? :rolleyes:

G

gaoOO

SoulSearcher said:
Nah, obviously she bombed out because she didn't get 100% in all of those exams :)
to be honest, i ended up underestimating my ranks for half my subjects. I was very close for most of them though.

besides, they're not that great compared to some of the other results people have posted. As someone pointed out, people here often don't know the meaning of 2nd.

did you post up your results because i don't recall seeing them and so i have nothing to throw back in your face.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
gaoOO said:
to be honest, i ended up underestimating my ranks for half my subjects. I was very close for most of them though.

besides, they're not that great compared to some of the other results people have posted. As someone pointed out, people here often don't know the meaning of 2nd.

did you post up your results because i don't recall seeing them and so i have nothing to throw back in your face.
Give me 2 more minutes :)

G

gaoOO

SoulSearcher said:
I'm not burnt out, I just don't do the work :eek:
you must be some kind of genius :eek:

or just lucky.

i'd say the former though.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
The marks don't matter, the rankings do.

It's a set indication.

Someone presumably getting 1st in a public school may as well be top 40-50 in a selective school. its a rough estiamte.

End Story.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
"End story"

Sorry i was just trying to keep the trend going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)