Business degree of Business/law timetable ? (1 Viewer)

katie2011

HSC
Just wondering how many hours or days per week at uni am i looking at for either a business degree or business/law at parramatta campus ?

I Study Hard

HSC
You're looking at around 12-14 contact hours per week.
Law lectures/seminars are generally 3hours long.
Business units tend to be a mix of either a one hour tute+2hour lecture OR a 1hour lecture and a 2hour tute.
Sometimes you end up with a two hour tute and a two hour lecture for a unit.

katie2011

HSC
Thanks for your reply :) how's your timetable like ? How many actual days are you at uni ?

I Study Hard

HSC
Sorry for my late reply.
I'm at uni 3 days a week, I could have made it 2 days but I took one of my law seminars on a third day to avoid carrying like 3 heavy textbooks on one day =P

katie2011

HSC
That's ok :)
That's pretty good ! i'm hoping for something like 2 or 3 days.. please no more ! hahah
very good thinking , thanks !

honsaw

HSC
N/A
How would you plan your timetable, like tutorials first then lecture ?
Also do you have exams during tutorial times?

I Study Hard

HSC
Honsaw - It really doesn't matter too much.
You will sometimes have a class test during tutorial time (this depends on what unit you are taking), and most tutorials have an attendance requirement (for the business schools) so you'll have to attend around 80% of the tutes anyways.
Hope this helps seeing as it's such a late reply.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
How would you plan your timetable, like tutorials first then lecture ?
Also do you have exams during tutorial times?
Hey Honsaw!

Being a student myself I'd say that you should try to create a timetable with lectures first and then tutorials and practicals/computer lab classes after. You should also make sure you get a satisfactory amount of breaks in between (at least one hour) as some lectures are two hours whereas tutorials are one or vice versa. It doesn't matter if you get one day off or two days off per week but as long as you can retain motivation to study is what counts in the end.

TIP: During tutorial registration day - get ready to fight for your place in your choice of classes. :uhhuh:

I Study Hard

HSC
I'd just like to add, alot of units actually have the tutorial one week behind, so that you do the lecture one week, then the next week's tutorial is on the topic of that lecture.

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi, When studying a Business and Commerce degree or a Business and Commerce/Law double degree, you would be looking at 12 to 15 hours of classes per week if studying full time. A Business degree usually consists of lectures and tutorials, whereas a double degree with law would also consists of seminars. For more information, please conduct a course search via the UWS Handbook: www.uws.edu.au/handbook. Best regards, UWS Course Info.

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
Hi, When studying a Business and Commerce degree or a Business and Commerce/Law double degree, you would be looking at 12 to 15 hours of classes per week if studying full time. A Business degree usually consists of lectures and tutorials, whereas a double degree with law would also consists of seminars. For more information, please conduct a course search via the UWS Handbook: www.uws.edu.au/handbook. Best regards, UWS Course Info.

Each unit is basically a 10 hour unit

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Just wondering how many hours or days per week at uni am i looking at for either a business degree or business/law at parramatta campus ?
Hi, When studying a combined Bachelor of Business and Commerce/Bachelor of Laws degree, you can expect to be spending 12 to 15 hours on campus per week. Classes are also held in the evenings for this degree, and classes are scheduled for multiple times throughout the week, so you will have some degree of flexibility in your timetable. For more information, please contact the Course Information Team on 1300 897 669 or on study@uws.edu.au. Best regards, UWS Course Info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)