Business studiers of prelim 2012! (1 Viewer)

gleeek

HSC
Hello business studiers of preliminary 2012!

May this be a thread where we can discuss this amazing, but at times horribly work loaded course!

How is everyone going? What are your thoughts on it? What are your ranks and marks so far?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Business Studies is kinda plain so far. My teacher is WAYYYY TOOO SLOW... (We just started the 2nd topic on the very last day of the last week)

Ranks - Unknown
Marks so far:
8/10 - Oral Task 10% of Entire Prelim Course (20% of half year)
10/10 - Business Report 10% of Entire Prelim Course (20% of half year)
x/10 - Short answer stimulus based questions 10% of Entire Prelim (20% of half year) - Did it already but no marks given back yet
y/30 - Half Yearly 20% of entire prelim (40% of half year) - Term 2 week 2

I need to find/research an Australian SME in order to write a business report on its classification, establishment, legal structure, growth and external & internal influences for a section of my half yearly. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of coaching colleges but I'd rather do something else. The major problem is getting the info.

Any suggestions or help?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a pretty good subject but as expected, has some kids that shouldn't be in there. We have had one assignment worth 15%. I got rank 2 and an A. We had to find four articles (two articles that explore internal and two external influences, then right up a business report). The summaries and the business report were both 10 marks each and I lost two marks in the summaries because some of it wasn't clear :p. Rank 1 kid lost 1 mark for the same reason.

Marc26

HSC
I screwed up our first assessment and got 14/20 with a weighting of 10 or 15 percent :( - it was a Business Case Study on an Australian SME just like RivalryofTrolls.
Hopefully I can go better in the half yearlies :)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I screwed up our first assessment and got 14/20 with a weighting of 10 or 15 percent :( - it was a Business Case Study on an Australian SME just like RivalryofTrolls.
Don't worry man. Prelim marks don't count.
HSC marks is what we need to worry about. I really want a mid range band 6 for business :(

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
14/20 isn't that bad if you think about it. It's all about ranks. Let it motivate you to achieve better when you're slacking off during an assignment/study in the future, think of that pissed off moment when you saw the 14/20. Works for me.

Marc26

HSC
14/20 isn't that bad if you think about it. It's all about ranks. Let it motivate you to achieve better when you're slacking off during an assignment/study in the future, think of that pissed off moment when you saw the 14/20. Works for me.
THIS ^
As soon as I received my mark back, I thought how much better I could have done and how much motivation I could acquire from that pissed off moment

gleeek

HSC
Business is one of those subject that, regardless of how capable you are, you can easily stuff up. Oh well, more motivation to do better in assessments in the future, as you have stated!

dr cookie

HSC
I don't do business studies, but my friends say that it's HEAPS of work. In the jacaranda book, they're up to about Ch6 or 7 :\

qwerty44

HSC
We haven't even started the second topic...now that's slow.

Though in the assessment task we have done, came first with 98% :party:

Marc26

HSC
I don't do business studies, but my friends say that it's HEAPS of work. In the jacaranda book, they're up to about Ch6 or 7 :\
You do cover a great deal of work because Year 11 is only 3 terms and there is alot to cover, but it isn't that hard to comprehend and understand in my view.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Business Studies is kinda plain so far. My teacher is WAYYYY TOOO SLOW... (We just started the 2nd topic on the very last day of the last week)

Ranks - Unknown
Marks so far:
8/10 - Oral Task 10% of Entire Prelim Course (20% of half year)
10/10 - Business Report 10% of Entire Prelim Course (20% of half year)
x/10 - Short answer stimulus based questions 10% of Entire Prelim (20% of half year) - Did it already but no marks given back yet
y/30 - Half Yearly 20% of entire prelim (40% of half year) - Term 2 week 2

I need to find/research an Australian SME in order to write a business report on its classification, establishment, legal structure, growth and external & internal influences for a section of my half yearly. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of coaching colleges but I'd rather do something else. The major problem is getting the info.

Any suggestions or help
?
Help with bolded text above.

Jacob888

HSC
We dont do a lot in business studies. Got 44.5/50 for our topic test though :)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I had to do a similar thing for my assignment except mine was just influences in general.

http://www.smeaustralia.asn.au/
This website has a directory of SME's so you could just go through it until you find one with sufficient enough information to actually write about.
Which section do we go to for the list of SMEs? So where to search?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I had to do a similar thing for my assignment except mine was just influences in general.

http://www.smeaustralia.asn.au/
This website has a directory of SME's so you could just go through it until you find one with sufficient enough information to actually write about.
Which business did you do? Did it have a lot of info on it>? (I might use whatever you used, HA!)
Thanks in advance!

carpe_diem

HSC
Help with bolded text above.
I remember doing this, but ours was a HUGE assignment that was due in parts. Do you have any relations with people owning SMEs? Like, one of my friend's relative owned a small business and she did that business. For some reason, our school allowed us to do large businesses as well. Maybe because it was prelim? Anyways, try to do a business close to you, so you an easily carry out primary research.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)