Business Studies = Crap!! (1 Viewer)

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
the business plan asssignment isn't one where i have to interview an actual existing business.

We have to alone think up our own business and create a product or use an already created product and answer all these questions. like the primefunctions, etc!
Its kind of crap!

williamc

HSC
Student opinion: They should call it boring studies or overhead studies. Economics so much more interesting. Only doing it because i don't have to pay attention in class and can get great marks. Just to help me with my required UAI.
Teacher opinion: Teachs both, in Economics always tells are class how boring he finds business and how much he hates it.

PS. Year 11 Business Studies, more interesting than yr 12.

Last edited:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
~aussiegirl!~ said:
the business plan asssignment isn't one where i have to interview an actual existing business.

We have to alone think up our own business and create a product or use an already created product and answer all these questions. like the primefunctions, etc!
Its kind of crap!
I did that last year, it's tricky because it's very hard to answer some questions like how much things will cost.

Plus it was annoying because our business had to be located here (Singapore) so we couldn't use any information on laws, etc. that we already knew.

xoCandyGurlxo

HSC
i love business studies its like my fave subject. I think its mianly coz of the class n teacher thou it makes the actaul content of the course seem easier. Then again business is what i wanna do at uni n everything so yeh i find it quite enjoyable but i undertsand why some would find it boring theres a lot to take in.

joe07

HSC
hey yeh i do business studies. lol i think sumtimes it can get really borin and just feel like sleepin. but it gets harder wen u go into yr12.plz reply bak

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
We have a Business Research Task due in August, where we can either investigate an existing business and write our report on it, or we can make up our own business (theoretically) for it. Originally I was going to use my uncle's real estate business, but now that I'm in our school's Young Achievers program I'm going to use our organisation there as a basis for my OWN BRT. I think it will be a lot easier this way; the other option is too much of a hassle for me.

weetart*

HSC
Business studies is definitely boring and I have to say, a waste of time.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
weetart* said:
Business studies is definitely boring and I have to say, a waste of time.
I find it quite interesting and easy to understand and remember, but I guess I can see how you'd find it boring.

weetart*

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I find it quite interesting and easy to understand and remember, but I guess I can see how you'd find it boring.
The work I find can be real boring most of the times, but I think my assessment task is what's killing me most. Researching a SME! :burn:

BUT! I have an excursion to Sydney Towers for a buffet in two days, thats my motivation for now :D

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
weetart* said:
The work I find can be real boring most of the times, but I think my assessment task is what's killing me most. Researching a SME! :burn:

BUT! I have an excursion to Sydney Towers for a buffet in two days, thats my motivation for now :D
I enjoy it more now than I did last year, but I'm not sure if that's really because it's more interesting. I just really want to do well in it and find it possible to do so, plus it gives me a better perspective on my dad's work and I can read some of the books he has (one on change management is almost exactly the same as the textbook).

I never did the SME assignment, I did the plan your own business one. And let me tell you, that was a pain in the ass, I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread. We couldn't use any information from the textbook on laws, etc. as we had to follow the local laws, which are very different. Plus finding a location here and other things. I'm glad I didn't have to do the SME task though, that would have been nigh impossible.

The good thing about this year also is that we have no take home assignments, it's all in class essays and exams. Might be different for your school, but here that's the way it is and that's the way I like it.

Good luck with your assignment, and enjoy your excursion (we got to go to the Coke place here, and sometime this year we go to the beer place, heh)!

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
I must admit business has gotten better since the beginning of the course, but i think its because i'm teaching myself the cirriculum because my teacher doesnt teach anything and lets the class go wild! It's pretty easy and basically its just memorising alot of definitions and looking at case studies!

HSC
yese....i have to admit it is a bit of a boring subject...our teacher is a pain in the backside as well......i got 32/60 in my last test and our teacher piles alot of homework up on us, regardlesss of assesments and such....she thinks that business is the most important

HSC
yeah bizzos can get very boring and repetitive but i'm not complaining cos i'm topping my year at the moment but my teacher is actually the biggest retard

most of the assessments and all the content are common sense, its a very easy subject

jbax89

HSC
~aussiegirl!~ said:

Its kind of crap!

LOL i made up a business and photo shopped the photo's- came first out of like 60 kids... the ones who knew what i did were pissed XD

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
To be honest I've found it easier to get marks this year than last year.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
I dropped Business studies in the second week of the year. I wanted to pick up extension maths and i already had 13 units so i had to drop either business or ancient history. I kinder wanted to drop both equally but my parents thought id enjoy ancient more and well since its impossible for me to make a descion they made it for me. Im glad even though ancients being boring up till the celts. The only problem with the move was i had to pick up another unit of religion and well im not doing well at it.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
jbax89 said:
LOL i made up a business and photo shopped the photo's- came first out of like 60 kids... the ones who knew what i did were pissed XD
i did that for commerce last year. My friends also did it but he had just moved over from england and used pounds and the teacher thought he plagerised

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)