• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Business teacher is lyk a bedtime story??? (1 Viewer)

triheart

HSC
I started business studies because i have a interest in it but man my teacher is the so boring. Beginning of the first few weeks people had changed their subjects ASAP. I was like should i change too? Its either legal or hosp or physics but its 2 late to change i suppose.

I really need some opinions from you guys i believe 98% of my class doesn't pay any attention in class and I guess I should do the best i can with this sub. Is there like a way 2 get good marks yet able to endure an automatic textbook reader (teacher) and people who just don't give damm about this sub?

Last edited:

Rainie

HSC
You could change to Legal Studies. Hospitality I think is a big time consumer. Work placement almost kills a week of school. Physics if you have an interest in science/mathematics. I do all three social sciences and hospitality. And find Business is easy marks if you learn the syllabus off by heart.

Well, right now, all you can do is self-learn. Or if you can discuss with your subject co-orindator to be moved to a different class with a different Business Studies teacher.

triheart

HSC
Yeah, I think changing to those subject is rather a bad idea but for physics I might not make it to physics since my school uses past results to determine if I'm capable to do it. I heard people complain the work and difficulty and I'm just frustrating, tossing and turning between my options.

Going self-learn with business studies I guess it would be fine but I just need that motivation.

Rainie

HSC
Motivation: higher marks in exams and beat all the other students in your class. You can see other people's work if you have a person willing to share from a different class.

In addition, buy workbooks for Business Studies to consolidate with your learning and to make sure you understand everything.

Preliminary Business can be dry and boring with all the basics, but HSC Business gets a tad interesting.

But i'll say, Business Studies is not that difficult. It's more common sense with a bit of logic to it. Easy marks i'll repeat.

So, heads down and study and kick ass :)

triheart

HSC
Haha, alright getting a title of No.1 in Business at my class would b my goal. I check if there is some good textbooks if you know great ones please recommend me since I'm just clueless finding good textbooks from a large range. I wish i got a friend from another class but there is only 1 business at my school xD such a pity and even my classmates just go with the flow (not really working at all). Anyways thnx for your opinion givez me some hope now xD

Rainie

HSC
Well, last year I used a really outdated one the school provided me with which was called Business Studies in Action. Needless to say, I never did much work in them. Those books didn't have any modelled answers to check if you're right or wrong. But, I did refer to some pages when it came to note-making.

I would recommend you get the Leading Edge textbook along with the workbook. The answers are online on the website as well as some modelled answers. You should be able to find them in a bundle (Textbook+Workbook) in most big bookstores such as Dymocks. You can also tell them to order it for you if no stock is available. Or, do it yourself =)

triheart

HSC
Are you serious same here my school use Business in action textbook too! It's full on wrecked and the information it gives you is just not blunt enough. The examples are bad and tables are just like a copy of one another. I should try that *leading edge* textbook you say. I ready got one for economics and it's pretty good i say.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
I started business studies because i have a interest in it but man my teacher is the so boring. Beginning of the first few weeks people had changed their subjects ASAP. I was like should i change too? Its either legal or hosp or physics but its 2 late to change i suppose.

I really need some opinions from you guys i believe 98% of my class doesn't pay any attention in class and I guess I should do the best i can with this sub. Is there like a way 2 get good marks yet able to endure an automatic textbook reader (teacher) and people who just don't give damm about this sub?
can't offer advice about the potential subject choices, but you can change subjects whenever in prelim, if your school allows you. my boyfriend changed from dt to music after half yearlies, toward the end of term two.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
my school uses cambridge. Decent book, might try that maybe suit you.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The key to business studies is the syllabus. Know it back to front, and the exam becomes so much easier. Then all you need is one or two well thought out case studies and your set.

acevipa

HSC
Well, it's truly up to you. But in reality, Business Studies is really an easy course, and I'm sure you can do well just reading your book. There are many workbooks out there, and like someone said before, the KEY is to know your syllabus back to front. Before, beginning to even study your notes/textbook, learn your syllabus.

triheart

HSC
Haha I think I'm more satisfy now since I just need to do notes on the syllabus. You guys think my text book Business in Action enough for me to make great notes for the syllabus? or do I need more reference textbook if so name me 1 or 2 thanx

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Haha I think I'm more satisfy now since I just need to do notes on the syllabus. You guys think my text book Business in Action enough for me to make great notes for the syllabus? or do I need more reference textbook if so name me 1 or 2 thanx

Well, visiting some stickied thread will be a great idea.

Personally, I LOVE Business Studies in Action. But I also use leading edge as well.

rainnwind

HSC
just be careful if you use the leading edge workbk, the answers can sometimes be ambiguous (espeically multiple choice)... there are times you may need to clarify with other textbks/ resources..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)