bussiness and commerce double degree (1 Viewer)

nevereddy

HSC
um.. for the course in uws, it says english advanced is needed. just wandering when they say assumed knowledge.. does that mean that it compulsory for the course?.. or that it just "helps".. ps i wanna drop eng adv... to standard.. but im cool stayin wid adv.
heres the link
UWS: Bachelor of Business and Commerce / Bachelor of Laws[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]

I Study Hard

HSC
Bit late to drop to standard. You have no clue about any of the texts or the topics for that matter. You realise that they're not the same for Standard, right? I want to do Comm/Law aswell. I was wondering if where it says "Mathematics" is assumed knowledge for comm that general would get me through without needing a bridging course o_O; I think the reason Adv English is assumed knowledge is because of the skills you learn doing it.

lind27

HSC
Hey, don't worry about any of the assumed knowledge it doesn't matter, only pre-requisites matter which means you have to have this to be able to be enrolled in a course. Not many courses have pre-requisites.
If you have done those subjects it may make it a little bit easier but really it doesn't make much difference at all.

HSC
Bit late to drop to standard. You have no clue about any of the texts or the topics for that matter. You realise that they're not the same for Standard, right? I want to do Comm/Law aswell. I was wondering if where it says "Mathematics" is assumed knowledge for comm that general would get me through without needing a bridging course o_O; I think the reason Adv English is assumed knowledge is because of the skills you learn doing it.
OP is doing their HSC in 2011, not this year.

John0

HSC
You would need to do a bridging course if you havent done mathematics, without the bridging course you wouldnt be able to keep up with the workload because they assume you know most of the content from 2 unit mathematics. They will make you enroll in a bridging course, "Maths toolbox" if you havent done maths or your not up to standard. The bridging course will count towards your degree since its considered a unit in itself, you would pay hecs for it though.

haylz234

HSC
Yeah two unit maths is a definite, otherwise you just won't cope. hence go do maths toolbox, will make it much easier.

depending on what you do, you may have to take a statistics or economic principles, which are not simple subjects, its university maths, so its probably better to have taken some sort of maths bridging course because you might not grasp the concepts straight away.

The english thing is not as important as the maths thing i think. If you can't write essays, thats why they make you take business academic skills, they have workshops to help out with english skills. by having completed advanced english, you prove that you can handle a harder workload. nothing against standard english though, plenty of people are coming from standard and seem to be doing fine.

good luck :)

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC
When is the Bridging course? And do I apply when I'm enrolling?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)