Buying PSP (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
how would i know if it's a very very new psp slim though before buying it?

red-butterfly

HSC
you'll have to ask for the specs before you purchase it. thats the only way to know. depending on where you go to get it they should have the knowledge to tell you. if not... then they're dumbshits...

^ ^

red-butterfly

HSC
what you'll be after will be at least a v2. ask them about what model PSp they're selling. most likely they'll be selling a combination of both.

but you want ur m-board to be TA-088V2 (max)hack it from there ^ ^

I made my own pandora battery with my phat psp battery. DON'T i repeat DON'T even try to make a pandora battery with your slim battery... it will kill your psp... not speaking from experience...

and since they're going to stop production of the 2000 psps to prevent hacking and stuff... its best to buy soon.

I'm still going to get a PSP 3000 to see how hack proof it really is

stazi

Nightman
HSC
awesome thanks for your help. i may contact you via PM for more help once i get it :)

G

gmail92

do you think the mobo number is written on the box or something? or is there some kind of indicator of which motherboard is on the psp? :S

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i got an email from ozmodchips saying that they haven't heard of the v3 mobos in aus

G

gmail92

stazi said:
i got an email from ozmodchips saying that they haven't heard of the v3 mobos in aus
awwhhh that is friggin awesome =]]]

imma getting a white slimm then :p

i guess when the psp 3000 comes out it'll have like v3 or higher though =/

do you think psp slims will have a price drop when the 3000 comes out? cuz i dont wanna wait until then.

hopefully they release some new decent games with the 3000 ^^

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yep, they will have a minor price drop. $20 or something, iirc, so not too much. I'm going to wait until the 15th when JB's new catalogue should be out to check ofr deals.

G

gmail92

stazi said:
yep, they will have a minor price drop. $20 or something, iirc, so not too much. I'm going to wait until the 15th when JB's new catalogue should be out to check ofr deals.
thats like an entire week away :O

awww, i have to wait 2 weeks to get my psp anyways =/ stupid yearlies.

just out of curiousity, do you guys think a wii is better than a psp?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah, cos a wii is exactly the same thing as a psp. you both take them with you to play on trains...

G

gmail92

stazi said:
yeah, cos a wii is exactly the same thing as a psp. you both take them with you to play on trains...
haha yeh totally :p

nahh, its just that my rents decided to let me get any one thing of my choice. andd i dont have any consoles either.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
do you do the majority of your gaming outdoors?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
hvf26 said:
psp3000 is probably going to be really hard to hack, i already know that the brand new psp slims with the new motherboards are pandora proof...and obviously sony will be putting that into the 3000. thats the mean release for the new psp, to try and stop hackers...if you havnt figured that the new features are pretty useless anyway. lol, if you want a psp get a slim, but make sure its not the TA088 (v3), those are pandora proof..and i have no idea how to check slim mobos ><
hope this helps
and yes, theres a rumour that slims will stop production round sept this year

ps. all psp slim accessories will be compatible with 3000

*edit* reading this through...shit lol im such a psp nerd
ROFL
umm no they are not. they hacked the new ones really quickly.

G

gmail92

apparently the new ones dont have the loophole that allowed for the older psps to be hacked

stazi

Nightman
HSC
gmail92 said:
no, not really.
it's unlikely you'll play much PSP at home, then. probably better to get a console for use on your TV. I recommend the 360 as it's not too expensive, has great entertainment features and has a solid library of games

stazi

Nightman
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
umm no they are not. they hacked the new ones really quickly.
as the guy above me said: they no longer have the loophole. similarly, the v3 mobo hasn't been hacked yet. the 3xxx mobos will be even less hackable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)