Buying PSP (1 Viewer)

G

gmail92

I was thinking of buying a PSP slim, probably a white one, sometime soon. Any ideas on how much it would cost now? Best place to buy it? I know the PSP 3000 is coming out soon, and apparently they're gonna stop production of the slim.

Also I saw a 4gb pro duo memory card for $32 + $15 postage = $47
(http://www.barnsaustralia.com.au/product/i/135336/n/sandisk-mspd-4gb.html)

or the ultra II version for $40 + $15 = $55
(http://www.barnsaustralia.com.au/product/i/135337/n/sandisk-mspd-ultra-ii-4gb.html)

would it be worth it?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
gmail92 said:
I was thinking of buying a PSP slim, probably a white one, sometime soon. Any ideas on how much it would cost now? Best place to buy it? I know the PSP 3000 is coming out soon, and apparently they're gonna stop production of the slim.

Also I saw a 4gb pro duo memory card for $32 + $15 postage = $47
or the ultra II version for $40 + $15 = $55
would it be worth it?
PS3.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
psp3000 is probably going to be really hard to hack, i already know that the brand new psp slims with the new motherboards are pandora proof...and obviously sony will be putting that into the 3000. thats the mean release for the new psp, to try and stop hackers...if you havnt figured that the new features are pretty useless anyway. lol, if you want a psp get a slim, but make sure its not the TA088 (v3), those are pandora proof..and i have no idea how to check slim mobos ><
hope this helps
and yes, theres a rumour that slims will stop production round sept this year

ps. all psp slim accessories will be compatible with 3000

*edit* reading this through...shit lol im such a psp nerd
ROFL

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hvf26 said:
psp3000 is probably going to be really hard to hack, i already know that the brand new psp slims with the new motherboards are pandora proof...and obviously sony will be putting that into the 3000. thats the mean release for the new psp, to try and stop hackers...if you havnt figured that the new features are pretty useless anyway. lol, if you want a psp get a slim, but make sure its not the TA088 (v3), those are pandora proof..and i have no idea how to check slim mobos ><
hope this helps
and yes, theres a rumour that slims will stop production round sept this year

ps. all psp slim accessories will be compatible with 3000

*edit* reading this through...shit lol im such a psp nerd
ROFL
<3 hacked psp.

it pwns.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
What do you guys mean by 'hacked psp' and 'psp hackers'?

Im getting my cousin's psp, which is the first model, and some downloaded games, is that hacking? If i got a psp-3000 or the lite/slim one, would the downloaded psp games not work?

Or is that kind of hacking someting else?

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Yes, I believe that would be hacking. It's kinda like the R4 cartridge on DS, only a little trickier to muck around with.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
How would it be tricky, cant u just download games from some site like pspiso and copy into a memory stick, stick it in, and play?
If not, wats the technique?

ps: r4's awesome;)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Omie Jay said:
How would it be tricky, cant u just download games from some site like pspiso and copy into a memory stick, stick it in, and play?
If not, wats the technique?

ps: r4's awesome;)
negatory.

gotta hard-mod the battery to install custom firmware onto ur psp (3.71-mm) and then upgrade i t tothe latest one, or one of the latest one in order to play "backups of psp/psx games" (remember, no piracy talk here)

G

gmail92

oohhh im thinking of getting one from JB after my yearlies, which are like 2 weeks from now. Its $299 with 2 games (Clank or something and a platinum game of your choice, probably Tekken). Is it an alright deal? Only thing i dunno whether its a slim or a phat =/ ill check it out next time i go.

If i go out and just buy a psp, will it be able to put custom firmware on? How would I know what firmware its running?

EDIT : Oh, and GAME is selling a silver slim psp and god of war for $300.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
gmail92 said:
oohhh im thinking of getting one from JB after my yearlies, which are like 2 weeks from now. Its $299 with 2 games (Clank or something and a platinum game of your choice, probably Tekken). Is it an alright deal? Only thing i dunno whether its a slim or a phat =/ ill check it out next time i go.

If i go out and just buy a psp, will it be able to put custom firmware on? How would I know what firmware its running?

EDIT : Oh, and GAME is selling a silver slim psp and god of war for $300.
get whichever. doesn't matter once you get custom firmware.

in theory, yes you can unless youbuy one of those that have the latest motherboard on them. You'll need to hard mod your battery to install the CFW (custom firmware).

God of war is a good game, but too easy/short. lol

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I like my PSP but to be honest, I never use it (It's often neglected because of my ps3 or pc). I have these games;

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Metal Gear Solid: Portable OPs
Tekken: Dark Ressurection
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade (I only bought it because it was cheap)
Yu-Gi-Oh: Tag Force (I've always loved these games)
FF:Crisis Core
Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2

As far as I'm concerned, the psp will need some new serious games (I'm waiting for FF dissidia) to interest me once more in picking up my dusty psp...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Valkyrie Profle - lenneth any good?

Disgea has some pretty nice graphics, and the option to have voice in either jap or english =D

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
You can get the PSP pre-hacked batteries from www.dealextreme.com (This includes the unbricking ones)

On a related note; don't bother getting a PSP they have no battery life and no games and are fairly shit. However, for watching movies on the go they're pretty good.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I'm getting a psp :) the library of games is getting awesome, imo, and the integration with the ps3 is fantastic

with all that talk of some models being pandora-proof: does that mean you need to hard-mod the battery and then it'll all work fine and can be flashed?

red-butterfly

HSC
= = i bricked my psp :( but its getting fixed by my friend's brother :) soo its aalll goood!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
"TA-088v3" is currently unhackable? Is this true? How would I know what version the mboard is?

red-butterfly

HSC
stazi said:
"TA-088v3" is currently unhackable? Is this true? How would I know what version the mboard is?
yup your right bud... it cant be hacked... for now xD! only the VERY VERY NEW PSP slims will have TA-088v3 and it will come with 4.01 FW+.

dw!! while there are hackers out there they'll eventually crack it:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)