Cadetship 2015 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
This thread looks dead af but I need to ask anyway. Are there any current cadets who go to usyd? Is it really inconvenient/has no evening classes? Please share your experiences and enlighten me [emoji4]
I don't go USYD, but i have a few at my firm who do - usually as a cadet you get time off to go to classes so you don't need to attend evening classes,it's pretty standard actually, apart from them making the timetable for you etc.. but i mean since your goal is UNSW/UTS anyway and ATARS are basically the same(UNSW/USYD), might as well go UNSW/UTS as most cadets do.

matchalolz

HSC
I don't go USYD, but i have a few at my firm who do - usually as a cadet you get time off to go to classes so you don't need to attend evening classes,it's pretty standard actually, apart from them making the timetable for you etc.. but i mean since your goal is UNSW/UTS anyway and ATARS are basically the same(UNSW/USYD), might as well go UNSW/UTS as most cadets do.
Thanks for your reply!

Lol I forget that I even have my signature sometimes, it's really outdated (back when I thought 95+ wasn't realistic) and while my dream was usyd initially I'm kind of like meh now.

Was just trying to confirm whether all those usyd rumours were true, like apparently some guy had to wait another semester coz they couldn't schedule the subject he wanted o_O

I don't want to make things hard for myself probs going to ponder over it for awhile

Chronost

HSC
Thanks for your reply!

Lol I forget that I even have my signature sometimes, it's really outdated (back when I thought 95+ wasn't realistic) and while my dream was usyd initially I'm kind of like meh now.

Was just trying to confirm whether all those usyd rumours were true, like apparently some guy had to wait another semester coz they couldn't schedule the subject he wanted o_O

I don't want to make things hard for myself probs going to ponder over it for awhile
If you want go USYD, definitely go for it, it is abit more troublesome in terms of timetabling, but as long the subjects are within your uni leave for your firm its fine.
That example doesn't happen too often, but i do notice usyd cadets have weird morning class times which can kill your commuunte and uni leave time depending where your located, and might need to stay back just abit to make up lost time (or skip some of your lunch) etc.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

-Senpai

HSC
Are there many firms who offer cadetships to students who do double degrees?

I know a few people who obtained cadetships despite doing a double degree and it seems to be with mid-tier firms

+ Will it be more difficult to apply as a first year uni student? (this question has probably been asked a million times)

-Senpai

HSC
Other than that are there any websites other than seek that I can use to keep track of available cadetship positions?

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Nah knew 2 comm/law kids with big 4 cadetships. One dropped cadetship after 1 year and the other dropped law after 1 year. Don't really know anyone else. But I have seen people in finc cadetships (i.e. ubs) with double degrees.

Congrats on being ao proactive though - I didn't know about cadetships/big 4 etc until 1st sem lol

-Senpai

HSC
Nah knew 2 comm/law kids with big 4 cadetships. One dropped cadetship after 1 year and the other dropped law after 1 year. Don't really know anyone else. But I have seen people in finc cadetships (i.e. ubs) with double degrees.

Congrats on being ao proactive though - I didn't know about cadetships/big 4 etc until 1st sem lol
Thanks that's reassuring haha

Is there anyone else who can answer my question?

Chronost

HSC
which double degree? You will probably need to hide the double degree to your employer and drop it after the first 2 years if you wish to continue doing the cadetship (or quit), it's not adviced though.

It's not really that much harder to apply as a first year, you might just have less mid-tier firms to apply to, but it's actually easier to convey your "interest" because you've enrolled in a comm degree etc.. your extra-curricular and all that will probs also be better if you get into that stuff straight away, plus any work you might've found after hsc etc..

Chronost

HSC
Seek and each firm's website, go to ICAA and look at their cadetship 2015 guide or whatever , they'll list all the firms that are doing a cadetship this year and if they also take first years etc..

pjc97

HSC
Hi, I've managed to land a cadetship in the city with a firm in auditing. I was wondering what the best commerce/business course to do is and which is the most flexible with night classes/timetables etc. I'm tossing up between USYD (commerce), UTS (business) and Macquarie (commerce). Any opinions from people who have done these courses would be great :) Thanks

Kaido

be.
HSC
Are cadetships only for people interested in becoming accountants?
Is there such thing as cadetships for finance majors (specifically in future IB positions)?

Just found out about this cadetship thing, so am clueless :lol:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I've managed to land a cadetship in the city with a firm in auditing. I was wondering what the best commerce/business course to do is and which is the most flexible with night classes/timetables etc. I'm tossing up between USYD (commerce), UTS (business) and Macquarie (commerce). Any opinions from people who have done these courses would be great :) Thanks
Unless you live near Macquarie, I'd go with one of the city campuses as it'll make travelling a lot easier - only caveat is if your firm has a lot of clients out near Macquarie and that's where you expect to be.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Are cadetships only for people interested in becoming accountants?
Is there such thing as cadetships for finance majors (specifically in future IB positions)?

Just found out about this cadetship thing, so am clueless :lol:
There used to be Finance cadetships but don't know if these are still offered this year. Also there is no guarantee of a front office role.

-Senpai

HSC

dwk72

HSC
I've just been accepted for a cadetship at a mid-tier firm. However, my first preference is Commerce at USYD. Will this be a problem?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I've just been accepted for a cadetship at a mid-tier firm. However, my first preference is Commerce at USYD. Will this be a problem?
Ehhh maybe. I guess it depends on what your firms policies are, how willing you are to do part time/evening if possible.

When I started USYD was the only university we were recommend not to attend, I do understand they've offered more flexibility recently though. I think you would be better off at UTS or UNSW if possible, purely because you know it will work and you won't have to transfer.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My suggestion - go where your friends or work colleagues are going. Not saying be a sheep, but if all else is equal, then the convenience this offers is worthwhile.

dwk72

HSC
Thanks. I might try Business at UTS on late round offers. How likely is it they will have vacancies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)