Cadetships 2013 thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just register online beforehand to make sure you get a spot. It's a good evening- I try to make it each year if I can!

crazy_paki123

HSC
to got to evening i dont have to be in school right (1st yr at uni)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
to got to evening i dont have to be in school right (1st yr at uni)
it's open to both year 12 and 1st year uni students but historically there have been people from outside of this anyway who come along (even though the programs on offer aren't necessarily aimed at them).

HSC
Umm why are all cadetships for accounting??? What about finance? or is a cadetship at an accounting firm for all commerce students(students who don't want to do accounting)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Umm why are all cadetships for accounting??? What about finance? or is a cadetship at an accounting firm for all commerce students(students who don't want to do accounting)
Because it's the accounting firms offering the cadetships and they are trying to find people to work for them?

In the past, some of the banks offered various cadetships (under the name 'business cadetships') but these were in various finance roles (read: not all were in front office).

helloitsg

HSC
Hey guys, I'm a first year doing Comm/Eng and I am REALLY determined to drop Engineering after this semester (currently enrolled in all core commerce subjects) and planning to apply for a cadetship.

However I'm worried I won't even get past the first step of the application process since they only accept single Commerce degrees (or comm/law), any advice? :( thanks!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, I'm a first year doing Comm/Eng and I am REALLY determined to drop Engineering after this semester (currently enrolled in all core commerce subjects) and planning to apply for a cadetship.

However I'm worried I won't even get past the first step of the application process since they only accept single Commerce degrees (or comm/law), any advice? :( thanks!
Then say this in your application/interview. If you're serious about it then it shouldn't be an issue but I wouldn't recommend saying one thing but not really intending to follow through with it.

helloitsg

HSC
Then say this in your application/interview. If you're serious about it then it shouldn't be an issue but I wouldn't recommend saying one thing but not really intending to follow through with it.
Though this is an honest way to do it, there are so many applications hence making it extremely competitive. I'm just afraid when they first see Comm/Eng in my application they'll immediately disregard my application & theres no reason why they would trust me to drop the engineering component (which I emphasise I DEFINITELY WILL).

So does anyone/cadets know if applicants need to show proof of enrolment in any stages of the process? (since i read someone did comm/law but the firm didnt know about it until he/she told them...)

I hope I dont come off as being sneaky/dishonest cause I really am going to drop the engineering component and I just want a shot at a cadetship and not want to be rejected in the first stage

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Though this is an honest way to do it, there are so many applications hence making it extremely competitive. I'm just afraid when they first see Comm/Eng in my application they'll immediately disregard my application & theres no reason why they would trust me to drop the engineering component (which I emphasise I DEFINITELY WILL).
Independent point of view here but would you rather your future boss learn about your secret through you telling them in the application form/interview, or because they happen to notice an anomaly between your transcript and what you claimed was your current degree on your application form?

So does anyone/cadets know if applicants need to show proof of enrolment in any stages of the process? (since i read someone did comm/law but the firm didnt know about it until he/she told them...)
It'll vary from firm to firm but as far as I know, people have to bring transcript or extracts from their uni results/enrolment system to their interview.

I hope I dont come off as being sneaky/dishonest cause I really am going to drop the engineering component and I just want a shot at a cadetship and not want to be rejected in the first stage
Upto you how you want to play the game but if you were applying for a role which required honesty and ethical conduct, I don't see how being deceitful at the application stage is going to improve your odds both in the short and long term.

crazy_paki123

HSC
would i be disadvantaged in the extra curriculars? I mean I played cricket for both weekend club and school, plated soccer, and AFL too. Also i got trained/work exp at my local newsagent and 7/11 aswell. what r some more extra curriculars i could do?

aslhui

HSC
Any advice/tips/recommendation from current/recent cadets on the cadetship application?
Thanks

Last edited:

crazy_paki123

HSC
just found out in the careers dair today that Deloitte and KPMG dont offer cadetships :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)