Cadetships 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I think crazy_paki123 is right in the sense that KPMG cadetships aren't open to 1st years. Isn't it structured differently like you have to work from FT from July to January and study PT during this period?

crazy_paki123

HSC
i think the KPMG cadetships are only open to HSC students and 1st year uni students have to wait for the Summer Vacation program

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Nope, I got an interview offer from KPMG while I was a first year student (back when I was studying a single commerce degree). Had to decline as I already accepted another job.

HSC
Hey guys on the UBS application form, they say that your school principle/nominee has to fill out your school assessment line? What does this mean

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys on the UBS application form, they say that your school principle/nominee has to fill out your school assessment line? What does this mean
It means they want a reference from your school- ask your careers advisor for info on this. He or she probably fills it out quite a bit for anyone who applies for a scholarship as well.

missdiorcherie

HSC
N/A
Has anyone applied for the EY cadetship program? (The Brisbane one I mean - not sure if the other offices have opened them yet)

Jinks

HSC
Just to let everyone know, PwC has announced applications for the trainee program will begin on Monday, 22nd of April all over Australia, good luck!

HSC
Thanks Paynee
Just wondering though, do PWC strictly only take if you are wanting to do accounting/IT, because I want to do finance ?

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Thanks Paynee
Just wondering though, do PWC strictly only take if you are wanting to do accounting/IT, because I want to do finance ?
sorry buddy, you should've applied for ubs, pwc is tailored towards accounting majors, even says in the description

crazy_paki123

HSC
u should try anyways TheEntrepreneur, my mate is majoring in Finance but hes still applying, u never know

Jinks

HSC
Thanks Paynee
You'll find that in most of the contracts they specify that you must major in either accounting or IT (from my experience anyway). In saying that as long as 1 of your majors are accounting/IT you will be fine. In my case I'm doing a commerce degree, with a double major in both accounting and finance and this is perfectly acceptable and seems to be what most of the cadets do. Hope that helps! :)

Frostbitten

HSC
How hard is it to go from a mid tier to the big 4? Also anyone know what benefits there are for choosing a big 4 over mid tier firm, like pay rates and that. Sankyou

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
How hard is it to go from a mid tier to the big 4? Also anyone know what benefits there are for choosing a big 4 over mid tier firm, like pay rates and that. Sankyou
It's easier to get into private accounting jobs if you have worked at the BIG 4 as its looked more favorably upon. Some ads even specifically ask only for BIG 4 employment previously, check on seek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)