Not open for further replies.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
http://fsr.cvmail.com.au/bdo/main.cfm?page=jobSpecific&jobId=55992&rcd=62248&queryString

BDO is looking for four extra cadets (two in audit, two in private clients),since there's more client work.

They're looking for people who finished HSC so I'm sorry first years ;/

Good chance if you missed out,and a good firm (as I see it so far)
I strongly recommend people apply if they missed out previously, our were not sure what they wanted to do last year when still at high school.

http://www.seek.com.au/job/25819858

RSM Bird Cameron also advertised a cadetship today, so even more options! :D

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
so you couldn't get an accounting cadetship if you did actl with an accounting major?
Probs irrelevant info to you now but.. yeah you can lol. (idk what that guy was talking about, i don't think he was answering your question properly)

source: a guy in my cohort is doing it

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Dame. I should have applied for BDO. Looks like I'm gonna have to work at Macca's.

ellentat

HSC
Hey, what are good questions to ask the interviewer at the end regarding an accounting cadetship?
Ask questions that you are genuinely interested in finding out instead of asking for the sake of asking just to "seem" interested or to sound smart. So just write up a few questions you would like to know the answer to:)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Ask questions that you are genuinely interested in finding out instead of asking for the sake of asking just to "seem" interested or to sound smart. So just write up a few questions you would like to know the answer to:)
Did you have lots of work experience in the past prior to getting the cadetship?

... I have no job references, but I have volunteer work ...

ellentat

HSC
Did you have lots of work experience in the past prior to getting the cadetship?

... I have no job references, but I have volunteer work ...
I did retail work for 6 months, tutored and baby sat. My resume was built up in all type of areas - work experience, academic achievements, leadership, extra curricular). So try build up your CV to showcase the all rounder person you are.

Firms are not looking for those that just have "brains". Having a job/extra curricular on your CV shows that you are committed, you have a good work ethic, you're able to handle greater responsibilities and time manage effectively. All these factors are noted by HR's because it gives them an idea of what type of employee you are since the factors are transferable to your cadetship experience.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't have work experience other than a week in year 10... but then applications nowadays are much more competitive.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
mfw the pwc person said that the 2014 revised selection process involves 7 stages.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
mfw the pwc person said that the 2014 revised selection process involves 7 stages.
Whilst I don't know what their process is, I can only imagine that they've broken down the recruitment process into very small discrete parts (e.g. application form, telephone interview, online assessment, group assessment, partner interview, etc). Doubt it'll be that different to the other big firms.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
But that work experience.....was...quite relevant haha.
All it did was say that I was keen on the industry. Didn't mean much and now that I sit on the other side of the table, I wouldn't give it a lot of weight. Heck, I'm lucky I didn't get asked about what I actually did/learnt... that might've come off a bit less impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)