cadetships (1 Viewer)

abc123yoyo

HSC
Firstly, thank you all for your wonderful insights, cleared up alot.

money wise i think its a great option...

you work full time only for the first two years... it is demanding... but first year uni in accounting shouldn't be so tough for me because firstly, i am sharp in commerce/economics and secondly i have done accoutning at tafe...

I recently talked to a guy hu got a UTS scholarship and a cadetship offer... he chose the scholarship but said that the cadteship he got offered paid 24thousand a year! starting...

thts first yr uni? thats dman good m8ey, and he added to that... it is reviewed every 6months... so most likely itll go up a thousand or two....

so those of you that have said its not worth working... u surely have to agree that it is definately worth it? Who cares what work you do... your getting paid a shit load! and getting a guranteed job wen u leave :S or in aVERY good position to get a job in a better firm even, wen u graduate...

so yeh... i think the cadetship is good if you can get it, but i think i'd rather take the co-op scholarship... simply because your not tied to one particular firm, you get paid enough... AND its a better lifestyle

any further thoughts people? please respond?

furthermore, your not the only ones with the cadetship :eek:
$24k for the first 1 year? So after 4 years you would get around 100-110k and with mining engineering the highest starting salary for 3rd year was 150k hmmm tough choice

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^ohhh trust me. you cannot get 100-100k with accounting until u get ur CA. and even so, that still takes years...

how come all these figures are so inflated by people thesedays?!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^what. malcolm turnbull was rhodes scholar? what a baller

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
whoa...so much this year. i remember my friend getting paid like 30k like 2 years ago :S

btw, with 1.1 k per month..is that given that you are going back to PwC? :O (or free?) haha
Inflation and just general increases from the competition. I remember when I was on $33k in my 2nd year as a trainee, my colleagues in a mid-tier were on $38k.

As for the $1.1k p/m, that's the trainee allowance which is essentially either a bond or sign-on bonus. You're obligated to repay it if you don't join and work for the firm for X length of time. Conveniently since it's paid monthly, it's easy to calculate the bond liability if you wish to terminate early.

^ohhh trust me. you cannot get 100-100k with accounting until u get ur CA. and even so, that still takes years...

how come all these figures are so inflated by people thesedays?!
The more I work in practice, the more I see people who didn't finish their CA's in relatively senior roles even within accounting and finance (i.e. senior manager/director level in Big 4 firms). It's not impossible, but it's very rare. And I've never seen a Partner without a CA/CPA or foreign equivalent.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^oh well. True that. I also forgot to mention that there are non-accounting roles within BIG 4 and hence there are partners who may not even have CA.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
^oh well. True that. I also forgot to mention that there are non-accounting roles within BIG 4 and hence there are partners who may not even have CA.
I was referring to accounting roles but yes obviously those who aren't in accounting roles don't necessarily need a CA, but it's also always looked highly upon being a chartered firm and all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)