calculus in physical world (1 Viewer)

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
how would your answer, working differ in these type of questions? (wording of questions differ and it confuses me)

the one where it goes, at t=4 seconds

and i 'think' during the 4 seconds?

im pretty sure theres another way in which they word it..but yeah cant remember

like the questoins which ask you to find

AT t=4 and questions where they need you to do the T(n) - T(n-1).. am i making sense here?

yeah if anyone has examples of what im trying to say can you post it up?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I have no idea what you just said :confused: but for the t=4 thing, it just means what happens to the particle at exactly 4 seconds, its like instaneous speed.

You refering how to do applying calculus to the physical world or something else? An example would be good.

Kmara2nv

HSC
Buiboi said:
how would your answer, working differ in these type of questions? (wording of questions differ and it confuses me)

the one where it goes, at t=4 seconds

and i 'think' during the 4 seconds?

im pretty sure theres another way in which they word it..but yeah cant remember

like the questoins which ask you to find

AT t=4 and questions where they need you to do the T(n) - T(n-1).. am i making sense here?

yeah if anyone has examples of what im trying to say can you post it up?
hey man i would love to help you i do extension one maths but never in my life have i seeen T(n)-T(n-1) please inform me of this as ma maths teacher is a biit trickky loll

and dw i kno shit all abotu physical world lol

hope it helped :|

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
Lol man i have mad english...dw ill find an example

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
umm something like this... but im sure theres another way in which this question is worded.

a particle moves in astraight line in such a way that its distance, x metres, from a fixed point O, after t seconds, is given by s = t^2 - 6t + 8. Find:

btw ^ = 'to the power of'

i) find the position of hte particle when t=3 and t =4

ii) the distance travlled by the particle in the fourth second.

what im actually talking about is similar to this, it was on i 'think' the phoenix topic by topic green book, where you have the t=4, during 4th second, total distance travelled balh blah..

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
mmhmmm i fink what they mean by that is.... the distance from t=3 to t=4

applications of calculaus is my fav topic. but ive never seen questions like that..(about distance at 4th second) .. i dont think we will ever get one in the HSC as if there is any discrepencies as to how a question may be interpretted they will never put it in....

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Buiboi said:
umm something like this... but im sure theres another way in which this question is worded.

a particle moves in astraight line in such a way that its distance, x metres, from a fixed point O, after t seconds, is given by s = t^2 - 6t + 8. Find:

btw ^ = 'to the power of'

i) find the position of hte particle when t=3 and t =4

ii) the distance travlled by the particle in the fourth second.

what im actually talking about is similar to this, it was on i 'think' the phoenix topic by topic green book, where you have the t=4, during 4th second, total distance travelled balh blah..
For (i), they want the INSTANTANEOUS positions AT t = 3 AND t = 4 (so you would have to calculate two different positions at two different times)
For (ii), apply integration over the equation of s from t = 0 to t = 4

This is a definitely a possible HSC question (but it would probably be worded a lot clearer though), but it is more likely to appear in 2 unit papers than Extension papers. (as this is a 2 unit section of the topic)

Last edited:

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
arent there a type of question taht requires tyou to like find T(4)-T(3) or something like that?

but yeah the ycan ask questiosn like that .. i remember seeing these questions in the phoenix book topic by topic for ext1--which is a book that covers each topic and has questions from past hsc papers so yeah..

oh yeah albert you know for the
ii) why is it form t=0 to t=4 i remember analysing it wrong, if its int eh fourth second i thoguht they meant like T5 - T4 or something liek that ...In the FOURTH second...not in the fours seconds? i keep getting confused on these bits

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)