call of duty: modern warfare 2 [video] (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Cant wait for ODST, love survivor based MP games.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Steyr Aug
lol CS

thats fucken hot.
relive the moments of Counter-Strike and Metal Gear Solid.

it would be plausible since the M60 is being replaced by the M240.
plus i used an M60 to mow down some cunts in Team Deathmatch the other day.
kill after kill after kill.
the noobs could only camp and took ages to kill each other even when a few metres away from each other.
then just when i was about to reach the top of the scoreboard when the map changed, a votekick took place and it passed.

then i found out they were schoolkids.
noob schoolkids shouldnt be allowed to play multiplayer games ffs.

Franchi SPAS-12
lol half-life

lol Futureweapons

SVD Dragunov
its either SVD or Dragunov not both at the same time.

Heart Beat Sensor
lol special forces

i gotta question: is it worth getting into cod4 online multiplayer now or am i better off waiting for codmw2?

i know cod4 is heaps popular, but im not sure how its popularity will change once codmw2 comes out
many people are level 55 in COD4 by now because they lack life.
ive played COD4 occasionally starting a few years ago and ive reached level 39

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah my bad, its called Snaiperskaya Vintovka Dragunova, or Dragunov Sniper Rifle.

saberbladexx

HSC
^I would so buy that game lol.

Can't wait till MW2 comes out, i heard theres like 10+ Assault rifles this time?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
^I would so buy that game lol.

Can't wait till MW2 comes out, i heard theres like 10+ Assault rifles this time?
I found a list on Bungie.net of all the guns that have been found in videos,
Assault Rifles.
Bushmaster ACR
TAR 21
FAMAS
F2000
SCAR H
Steyr Aug
AK 47
MK14 MOD 0 EBR
M4 Carbine
M16
G3
SA80
FN FAL.

Sub Machine Guns.
UMP .45
Kriss super-V
Mini Uzi
MP5K
P90
PP-2000

Light Machine Guns.
RPD
M240
HKMG4

Shotguns.
Franchi SPAS-12
Armsel Striker
AA-12
Winchester 1200
Whinchester 1887

Sniper Rifles
Walther WA2000
SVD Dragunov
Barret M107

Pistols
Glock 18
Desert Eagle
M1911
USP .45
M9

Equipment
Riot Shield
Ice Axe
Grenade
Smoke Grenade
Flash Bang
Stun (Concussion) Grenade
Knife
AT4
Semtex (Explosive)
C-4

Attachments
Red Dot Scope
EOTech (souped up RDS)
ACOG Scope
Thermal Sights
Silencer/Suppressor
Heart Beat Sensor
Laser Module
R.I.S. (Pictanny Rails)
M203 GLauncher
GP 12 GLauncher

Perks
Matyrdom
Riot Shields
Akimbo - Dual wield sidearms.

These a Confirmed from videos, but Final version might cut some guns.

Also 3,5,7 kill bonuses are now customizable.
*cough*

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
cant wait for it to come out.

it better be able to run on my laptop (at least on lowest settings, i dont want lag when playing online)

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Damn american dates.

It says 11/10/09 in all of the trailers and i forgot it was american, so i thought it was coming out 3 days ago. It was very disappointing when i realised.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
inside sources tell me this game is getting some 'modifications' by the Australian classification board. Rightly so IMO, these games are really nothing more than rehearsals for war, teaching vulnerable that shooting dead his fellowman is OK as long as you get some 'level up points' in return for his blood. God knows what will happen in 30 years time when these kids become the men who run the country.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
inside sources tell me this game is getting some 'modifications' by the Australian classification board. Rightly so IMO, these games are really nothing more than rehearsals for war, teaching vulnerable that shooting dead his fellowman is OK as long as you get some 'level up points' in return for his blood. God knows what will happen in 30 years time when these kids become the men who run the country.
That's one way of looking at it, but I think that rather than encouraging violence and murder, games and movies/TV are actually desensitising people to the violence.

Games like cod4 don't attempt to be, or even intend to be, a realistic representation of war. It allows people a "fun" experience because the "people" they're killing are just like paper targets - no faces, no character, no personality.It desensitises people because that is just how they see their "enemy".

I personally would find it very hard to play a game where the "people" you are trying to kill are actually represented as such, with backstory about them developed, their characters revealed, so that you are "shooting" at something that is a bit more than just a paper target, but something with friends, family.

But with regards to your post, playing a bit of multiplayer with your firends isn;t what you make it out to be. You know what is happening, know its fake, know its just a game. If you changed it so that your character you played as was and shot at in muliplayer was just a blob of jelly, the game would still be just as fun. Running around, playing with your reflexes, strategising etc, etc it would still be the same, but your target would look a little different.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
That's one way of looking at it, but I think that rather than encouraging violence and murder, games and movies/TV are actually desensitising people to the violence.
Exactly, kids won't care if they drive a volley of bullets into the carcass of a fellow man, they have no regard for life, they see everything as a game; other people are simply their playthings; their target practice.

Games like cod4 don't attempt to be, or even intend to be, a realistic representation of war. It allows people a "fun" experience because the "people" they're killing are just like paper targets - no faces, no character, no personality.It desensitises people because that is just how they see their "enemy".
?Cod4 is almost photorealistic with realistic sounds and realists places. Yes, many of our children are developing a blood lust through this new form of violent 'fun'.

I personally would find it very hard to play a game where the "people" you are trying to kill are actually represented as such, with backstory about them developed, their characters revealed, so that you are "shooting" at something that is a bit more than just a paper target, but something with friends, family.

But with regards to your post, playing a bit of multiplayer with your firends isn;t what you make it out to be. You know what is happening, know its fake, know its just a game. If you changed it so that your character you played as was and shot at in muliplayer was just a blob of jelly, the game would still be just as fun. Running around, playing with your reflexes, strategising etc, etc it would still be the same, but your target would look a little different.
Are you aware the American Army funds much of these games development; they are trying to 'groom' the next generation of soldier children; or 'terminators'. They want them to think that arab are just 'blob of jelly' as you put it. I don't want to scar eyou but judging from what you have written you may infact be a violent criminal; and you may have a violenent outburst because of all the conditioning youy have gone throught with these games.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Exactly, kids won't care if they drive a volley of bullets into the carcass of a fellow man, they have no regard for life, they see everything as a game; other people are simply their playthings; their target practice.
You're forgetting that the average age of a gamer in Australia is somewhere around 30. I would hardly call these "kids", as you put it. Yes it may be a form of "violent" fun, but remember that violent fun has been a part of mankind ever since it was created. Think of the romans and the circus. That was fun too, and kids could even watch, and i think that is far more violent than playing a video game will ever be.

?Cod4 is almost photorealistic with realistic sounds and realists places. Yes, many of our children are developing a blood lust through this new form of violent 'fun'.
Sure, games are approaching levels of graphical fidelity bordering on insane, and everyday computers are able to run them smoothly and near the games' max settings, but a game like cod4 is not intended to make you experience war as it actually is or cause you to have any real extended emotional response. Cod4 plays like a movie, and that is basically what it is - the only difference being that it is a movie in which the player has a semblance of control. Sure it desensitises violence, but you make it out to be worse than it is. Contrary to what you might think, most people will find it very hard to take a human life whether they have played video games or not.

Are you aware the American Army funds much of these games development; they are trying to 'groom' the next generation of soldier children; or 'terminators'. They want them to think that arab are just 'blob of jelly' as you put it. I don't want to scar eyou but judging from what you have written you may infact be a violent criminal; and you may have a violenent outburst because of all the conditioning youy have gone throught with these games.
This sounds like some kind of crazy conspiracy theory that has absolutely no grounding in reality. Sure i have played a lot of games, but that doesn't mean that im gonna grab a gun and walk out the door tomorrow and shoot up half a town. Im not gonna join the army just so i can go and kill some "arabs" because thats all they are, a name with no face. They're people too and most people, kids included, have enough common sense to realise this. You can't go and blame games on this sort of "brainwashing" you're talking about. If you want to point the finger at anything, try TV. Most people will watch far more hours of TV than hours of games, and there is just as much, probably more, violence on TV than in any video game.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
You're forgetting that the average age of a gamer in Australia is somewhere around 30. I would hardly call these "kids", as you put it. Yes it may be a form of "violent" fun, but remember that violent fun has been a part of mankind ever since it was created. Think of the romans and the circus. That was fun too, and kids could even watch, and i think that is far more violent than playing a video game will ever be.
And Rape has been around ever since the dawn of man...so Rapes OK by you? What a revolting thing to say, you just proved my point about these games having a revolting affect on the minds of their players.

Sure, games are approaching levels of graphical fidelity bordering on insane, and everyday computers are able to run them smoothly and near the games' max settings, but a game like cod4 is not intended to make you experience war as it actually is or cause you to have any real extended emotional response. Cod4 plays like a movie, and that is basically what it is - the only difference being that it is a movie in which the player has a semblance of control. Sure it desensitises violence, but you make it out to be worse than it is. Contrary to what you might think, most people will find it very hard to take a human life whether they have played video games or not.
Yes but how many lives have you taken in your online world? Its that body count I'm disturbed by, you seem to show absolutely no remorse for the people you have murdered in game. What a fowl glimpse into your thoughts.

This sounds like some kind of crazy conspiracy theory that has absolutely no grounding in reality. Sure i have played a lot of games, but that doesn't mean that im gonna grab a gun and walk out the door tomorrow and shoot up half a town. Im not gonna join the army just so i can go and kill some "arabs" because thats all they are, a name with no face. They're people too and most people, kids included, have enough common sense to realise this. You can't go and blame games on this sort of "brainwashing" you're talking about. If you want to point the finger at anything, try TV. Most people will watch far more hours of TV than hours of games, and there is just as much, probably more, violence on TV than in any video game.
violence on Tv is regrettable, however the interaction in these games is what im concerned about. On tv you may watch a murder, however in game you are pressured into becoming a murderer, you a forced by your pals into becoming a virtual mass murderer. Furthermore you sho no pity for those you havve slain in this world....did you ever take time after guning down an enemy in Call of Duty to reflect that he may have had a family, may have had dreams, hopes and aspirations and with the pull of your trigger you have banished his existance...revolting.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
And Rape has been around ever since the dawn of man...so Rapes OK by you? What a revolting thing to say, you just proved my point about these games having a revolting affect on the minds of their players.
I didn't say that at all, you said that. You're just twisting what i said. What i meant is that mankind is no stranger to up close and personal violence, which is what you're making out games are, but you are pretending that it is a new thing, something never before experienced by our society.

Yes but how many lives have you taken in your online world? Its that body count I'm disturbed by, you seem to show absolutely no remorse for the people you have murdered in game. What a fowl glimpse into your thoughts.
If you really want to know, i rarely play online games anyway, not that it makes any difference. I play games for the story and the experience, the idea that you're doing something the couldn't and wouldn't do in real life, whether it be an fps game, racing game, flying sim. You exist in a virtual world and if you get to the point mentally where a game ceases being a fantasy world and becomes a reality to you, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

violence on Tv is regrettable, however the interaction in these games is what im concerned about. On tv you may watch a murder, however in game you are pressured into becoming a murderer, you a forced by your pals into becoming a virtual mass murderer.
On TV you may watch a murder however the emotion attached to that murder is many times greater than the emotion that is attached to the "murder" in games. As for being pressured into becoming a "murderer", that doesn't make a lot of sense. People who play online games and and other games do so at there own free will, knowing full well what they are doing. If you want to look at objectively, playing an online game like cod4 is basically no different to playing cowboys and indians when you were a little kid, except there may be a small spray of red when you "kill" someone.

Furthermore you sho no pity for those you havve slain in this world....did you ever take time after guning down an enemy in Call of Duty to reflect that he may have had a family, may have had dreams, hopes and aspirations and with the pull of your trigger you have banished his existance...revolting.
I have actually, i sat there for a bit and thought about what i was really doing, and if it was real life how i wouldn't actually be able to do this because of this very fact - it is a mans life we are talking about. But then i had the common sense to think that this is only a game im playing. Not real. Not ever meant to be real.

Incidentally, you should be more concerned about how young kids can have been so desensitised by violence on TV and in movies that they can bash other kids because they saw it on TV so it must be ok. And then they go and post videos of that bashing on the internet. That is revolting, and i personally believe games don't have that kind of influence.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
I didn't say that at all, you said that. You're just twisting what i said. What i meant is that mankind is no stranger to up close and personal violence, which is what you're making out games are, but you are pretending that it is a new thing, something never before experienced by our society.

If you really want to know, i rarely play online games anyway, not that it makes any difference. I play games for the story and the experience, the idea that you're doing something the couldn't and wouldn't do in real life, whether it be an fps game, racing game, flying sim. You exist in a virtual world and if you get to the point mentally where a game ceases being a fantasy world and becomes a reality to you, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

On TV you may watch a murder however the emotion attached to that murder is many times greater than the emotion that is attached to the "murder" in games. As for being pressured into becoming a "murderer", that doesn't make a lot of sense. People who play online games and and other games do so at there own free will, knowing full well what they are doing. If you want to look at objectively, playing an online game like cod4 is basically no different to playing cowboys and indians when you were a little kid, except there may be a small spray of red when you "kill" someone.

I have actually, i sat there for a bit and thought about what i was really doing, and if it was real life how i wouldn't actually be able to do this because of this very fact - it is a mans life we are talking about. But then i had the common sense to think that this is only a game im playing. Not real. Not ever meant to be real.

Incidentally, you should be more concerned about how young kids can have been so desensitised by violence on TV and in movies that they can bash other kids because they saw it on TV so it must be ok. And then they go and post videos of that bashing on the internet. That is revolting, and i personally believe games don't have that kind of influence.
The majority of people who buy these Cod games are below the age of 13, even people as young as 3 or 4 are heavy players of online games such as CoD these days, and thats what our games should be made for. We need more games like Wii sports resorts; games that won't send our society to the dogs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)