call of duty: modern warfare 2 [video] (2 Viewers)

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
I think you will find that when modern warfare 2 is released, it is going to have enormous sales, and as i said before, the average age of a gamer is around 30, and thats a fact. As most of the average gamers are going to go out and buy the game , i would suggest that the majority of sales are going to go to people at least above the age of 18 or 20, not 13.

As with the people as young as 3 or 4 being heavy players of online, i find that very hard to believe. I don't known if you've noticed but ther is actually a market for "kids" games out there, nonviolent, fun and engaging games specfically designed for young children. As parents do the game buying when their kids are that age, they tend to buy these kids games, not games like cod4. Ratings are there for a reason. It's the parents responsibilty to see that the ratings are followed

We can have as many games like Wii Sports resorts as we want, it's still not going to make any difference. Even if there was no shooter games at all, society would still get "sent to the dogs" eventually. The are far more important factors regarding to the continuation of peace and survival than video games and the people that play them.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
I think you will find that when modern warfare 2 is released, it is going to have enormous sales, and as i said before, the average age of a gamer is around 30, and thats a fact. As most of the average gamers are going to go out and buy the game , i would suggest that the majority of sales are going to go to people at least above the age of 18 or 20, not 13.

As with the people as young as 3 or 4 being heavy players of online, i find that very hard to believe. I don't known if you've noticed but ther is actually a market for "kids" games out there, nonviolent, fun and engaging games specfically designed for young children. As parents do the game buying when their kids are that age, they tend to buy these kids games, not games like cod4. Ratings are there for a reason. It's the parents responsibilty to see that the ratings are followed

We can have as many games like Wii Sports resorts as we want, it's still not going to make any difference. Even if there was no shooter games at all, society would still get "sent to the dogs" eventually. The are far more important factors regarding to the continuation of peace and survival than video games and the people that play them.

Look at the world since video games have come about: terrorism, war, bashings and all the racism and hate and obesity in the world. The world before violent video games was much more idealic; kids wrent dieing of heart attacks and there was peace for the most part in the world and less violence.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
All of those things have been around for far longer than video games. Terrorism has been around for a long, long time; War: WW I, WW II, Vietnam and every other war that ever happened before these were all before video games. Racism has been around ever since whites found blacks if not before, which was a looong time ago. Obesity is generally caused by a combination on newer technological and labour saving factors, hardly mainly video games. Bashings are influenced more by TV than video games, because people see that sort of thing idolised and glorified and follow the example.

Rather than just make stuff up in order to try and present an argument, how about you try and post something relevant and factual. Even you should be able to see that all of those things you mentioned have been part of society long, long before video games were created, or are at least basically unrelated.

TheStallion

HSC
Sultun = idiot. Gibbatron = win.

I'll highlight one point that Gibbarton pointed out which I truly believe:

Rather than just make stuff up in order to try and present an argument, how about you try and post something relevant and factual.
So damn true - most games are bought by people <13? Bull fucking shit.

and all the racism
[sarcasm]Yeah, you're right. It was nowhere near as racist back in the '60s - it's far more racist now. Every time I see a black guy I just feel like bashing his head in. [/sarcasm]

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Sultun = idiot. Gibbatron = win.

I'll highlight one point that Gibbarton pointed out which I truly believe:

So damn true - most games are bought by people <13? Bull fucking shit.

[sarcasm]Yeah, you're right. It was nowhere near as racist back in the '60s - it's far more racist now. Every time I see a black guy I just feel like bashing his head in. [/sarcasm]
It's got a shit argument. Its claiming violent games are breeding a generation of sadistic, war warmongering racists who are hell bent on murdering random's. If you are going to troll these forums Sultun, at least get a shred of evidence that supports your arguments. BTW, Jack Thompson [American] can, and will not, be used as a view point or a basis for a argument due to his disbarment from the American Court System and he is a retard.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
?Your asking me for evidence? Everything I say is based on clinical studies. Not my fault if you haven't done any research into the matter. I want YOU to provide evidence that these games aren't a bad influence on our kids. Just look at all the school massacres in America (all were brought about by young males that where inspired by video games much like CoD). The thing is; we need government to censor these video games. We need someone to step in and take the knife out of the babies hand and say no, no more virtual gang rapes, no more virtual torture and murder, no more virtual war. I am all for Wii sports resort type games, and judging by the mental capacity of people that play video games they wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between CoD and Wii Sports resort.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
?Your asking me for evidence? Everything I say is based on clinical studies. Not my fault if you haven't done any research into the matter. I want YOU to provide evidence that these games aren't a bad influence on our kids. Just look at all the school massacres in America (all were brought about by young males that where inspired by video games much like CoD). The thing is; we need government to censor these video games. We need someone to step in and take the knife out of the babies hand and say no, no more virtual gang rapes, no more virtual torture and murder, no more virtual war. I am all for Wii sports resort type games, and judging by the mental capacity of people that play video games they wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between CoD and Wii Sports resort.
Games, VIOLENT games, being used to help with post traumatic stress.
amednews: Video games used to treat posttraumatic stress :: Sept. 28, 2009 ... American Medical News

Games, and POT!!!, helping in reducing the likely hood of acquiring Alziehmiers.
Dutch Clinical Study Shows Marijuana And Video Games Can Delay Alzheimer’s | Fun Tech Talk

American average age of a gamer, 29.
USATODAY.com - Survey: Video gamers getting older, heading online

Australian average age of a gamer, 28 (2007).
The Age Blogs: Screen Play

And for the sake of it, a Wiki article commenting on Video gaming controversy and a list of "Violent Game fuelled murders/accidents" that were either:
1) Debunked by the Jury/Psychologist/A Parent

2) Attributed by the GTA series, which should be R18+ in any country anyways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_controversy

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
I am amused by your post SnowFox. They are internet articles written by pro gamers....not at all proper independent studies...and what out of every single page on the internet they are the best and only evidence you can point to? How sad. I could name easily a hundred proper clinical double blind placebo controlled studies that concur with me (and the UN) that these video games are basically acting as training for the next generation of psychopaths. In a game there are no consequences; and this is hammered into the heads of our vulnerable young people; and so they think if they hit someone in a car they will simply 're spawn'. Obviously most gamers are below 13, this is just self evident.....so SnowFox why don't you tell us how many people you have murdered, raped and tortured over your video game career? hudreds? thousands? millions? ever spare a thought for them? didn't think so. Bigot.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I am amused by your post SnowFox. They are internet articles written by pro gamers....not at all proper independent studies...and what out of every single page on the internet they are the best and only evidence you can point to?
Thats because there is numerous case studies for and against violence, gaming and children. I was covering all bases of argument against violent gaming causing violence in minors. Also i loled at pro gamers, what age are these gamers?

How sad. I could name easily a hundred proper clinical double blind placebo controlled studies that concur with me (and the UN) that these video games are basically acting as training for the next generation of psychopaths.
And yet you havnt, is it because these have been debunked/disproven? Or is it you are a shit troll?

In a game there are no consequences; and this is hammered into the heads of our vulnerable young people; and so they think if they hit someone in a car they will simply 're spawn'.
Majority of violent games are MA15+ in Australia. In America the ratings are actually much higher, reaching 18+. Its because of Australia's shit rating system that trolls like yourself have any basis for a argument. Yes we know there is no consequences in games, but most of us know that doing the same thing in real life will ruin a life. Another reason why Australia needs a R18+ rating, so if that minority do do something like that, the parents are charged with negligence for providing a restricted game to a minor, OR adults who copied the game are charged with the full sentence. And ffs, everyone knows people dont respawn right away, it takes atleast 9months /joke.

Obviously most gamers are below 13, this is just self evident.....so SnowFox why don't you tell us how many people you have murdered, raped and tortured over your video game career? hudreds? thousands? millions? ever spare a thought for them? didn't think so. Bigot.
Obviously didnt read the links, and i can tell you i have "murdered":

4942 people on Halo 3
Been murdered 3984 times on Halo 3
and assisted in the "murder" of 1079 people.

Then again, most of those were probably in "self defence."

And i'm no bigot. I know there is some people out there who believe CoD caused them to do things, but jesus christ, the Majority of gamers are not tarts, and they are older then 18.

TheStallion

HSC
how many people you have murdered, raped and tortured over your video game career?
You can rape people in video games now? Lolz. Fucking dumbass.

ever spare a thought for them? didn't think so.
It's a video game character you retarded fag.

Last edited:

strasiotto

HSC
Just ftr there is a rape game, it was released in Japan like last year (don't ask, only the Japanese).

The reason why people play these games is to experience something that they couldn't or wouldn't do normally, which by reason would indicate that these people are not playing games turning them into killers, but are playing these games because they are not killers.

And yes, there have been school shootings- but hey, theres been shooting for years, video games don't do anything but give excuses to already deranged people.

Game are played generally for a challenge, or for competetion- the reason why violent games are more appealing is because the stakes appear 'higher' your fictional character 'dies' and so the level of competition is more intense.

Personally, I'm just sick of people ripping out on games and gamers, I mean if you don't like them fine, don't play them.

But if you don't like them you can also shut the fuck up and stop telling every else how to live their lives.

Dick head.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
People, just ignore Sultun. He's a troll who finds amusement in you replying to his stupid comments. Just neg rep him till he goes away.

TheStallion

HSC
Sif i'm going to ignore him, it's fun to argue with an idiot because eventually they get backed into a corner and lose, and then everyone can laugh at them.

strasiotto

HSC
May I just point something out

Friends
Sultun has not made any friends yet

enough said.

The Huntster

I is teh sexy ninja
HSC
nononononononono, you're an idiot, you're saying that there are people out there raping people and massacring people because they play violent video games. If your "clinical studies" are correct, then there'd be like triple the amount of rapists and serial killers out there today. If anything, it prevents it, because it gives the people playing it a way to vent different emotions into something that will not affect anything, and not being able to vent these emotions is the cause that they actually go out and do the evil kadoodle stuff.

I want you to provide evidence that they are harmful on us, and u mention school massacres in america - rofl, they are 90% because of something caused by kids not playing video games because they are out on the streets doing drugs and making enemies with the wrong sort of people.

Good effort though mate.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Teclis, save me, im contemplating WoW due to the new race!

The Huntster

I is teh sexy ninja
HSC
and sultun stays quiet. good effort (Y), oh wait sry shouldnt do msn shortcuts, they are used in games which might cause me to go rape someone later on in life

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)