call of duty: modern warfare 2 [video] (1 Viewer)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Oh and I don't get what's so wrong about the video
Everyone kills civilians in games
Hell, it's just a bit of harmless fun

I congratulate Activision for making a level so unique and daring

youngminii

Banned
HSC
err he got rich by being a shrewd buisiness man, has nothing to do with computer science
Are you saying that if Bill Gates didn't know any computer science, he'd still be rich?
Ahahaha I laugh at your baffoonery
SnowFox your hollow posts border on pathological, there have been countless peer-reviewed studies linking computer games and agression.
New Scientist said:
But the study has failed to convince some critics. "We habituate to any kind of stimulus," says Jonathan Freedman, a psychologist from the University of Toronto, Canada, who has prepared several government-level reports on media and games violence. "All we are really getting is desensitisation to images. There's no way to show that this relates to real-life aggression."
The main finding is that allthough playing torture/rape games such as 'called to your duty 4' does not automatically spur on violence, people with a genetic predisposition, particularly angsty young white males, will react to the stimulus with extreme agression.
Proof me
I always thought that studies showed it served as an outlet for people with extreme aggression, hence curbing violence in real life
The fact is that over 10 cold-blooded school shooting have been carried out by boys with direct links to such violent '1st-person-shooter' games.
Direct links as in already-violent-kids are attracted to shooting games? I'm pretty sure that if I was the type to go on a mass killing spree, I'd love shooting games. The games themselves wouldn't affect me at all
You seem to love cause and effect
Why do you think the military funds games like 'The death Halo 3' and 'fullfil your duty 4'..?
They have crunched the numbers and they know that if they give kids a taste for blood and 'headshots' their stock of 'jar-heads' will recieve a healthy flow of young-males looking to 'take it to the next level'
The military knows that people who would be interested in joining the army would like shooting games. Does that mean they would grow up to become mass murderers? I think not.
According to you, The military is filled with killing machines who only want to shoot guns and kill, since you think that's the type of people the military is trying to recruit
ie. the gamers
But I say the military holds strong values about honour and defending one's nation. So maybe they're trying to recruit these types of people, and hence gamers have strong values
(Actually we don't, but you see how your 'accusation' against gamers is moot?)

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
err he got rich by being a shrewd buisiness man, has nothing to do with computer science

SnowFox your hollow posts border on pathological, there have been countless peer-reviewed studies linking computer games and agression.
Desensitisation from violence you twit. Explain how WW1 and WW2 were started. They were basically mass murder/rape orgies and not once did any of them play a video game, hell violent media was not even invented then.
The "study" you posted even stated a rebuttal that it can also be linked to desensitisation. If you hadnt noticed, violence has actually gone down since violent media was introduced, WW1 and WW2 had free reign due to a lack of media, Vietnam was broadcast all over the media without censorship, and look now, no more major wars, apart from that thing in the middle east.

The main finding is that allthough playing torture/rape games such as 'called to your duty 4' does not automatically spur on violence, people with a genetic predisposition, particularly angsty young white males, will react to the stimulus with extreme agression.
Said once, will say it again, show me proof of rape scenes in any COD game, in ANY game allowed into Australia, America and any Western Civilisation where games are legislated.

The fact is that over 10 cold-blooded school shooting have been carried out by boys with direct links to such violent '1st-person-shooter' games.
All of which occurred in America, by people HEAVILY abused by school students and peers, who also had access weapons, and could buy 9MM bullets from the local Kmart.

Why do you think the military funds games like 'The death Halo 3' and 'fullfil your duty 4'..?
Umm...they sponsored a tournament, not the development of the game.

They have crunched the numbers and they know that if they give kids a taste for blood and 'headshots' their stock of 'jar-heads' will recieve a healthy flow of young-males looking to 'take it to the next level'
I play FPS, i play RTS, heck, i play SIMS, but i dont have a sudden impulse to go murder, pillage and rape the next suburb over, your baseless claims are moronic and border lining mentally retarded.

Last edited:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I think ad infinitum is a troll
I think ComingUpForAir is a dumb**

niloony

HSC

That study does not show that video games increase the likely hood of people who play them commiting violence it merely shows them being desensitized to violence. The same thing occurs with movies so we should ban anything violent in them as well i guess. The Harvard Medical School Center for Medical Health, The journal of Adolescent Health and The British Medical Journal found no link between violent video game usuage and violent activity.

Also we are asking for an R18+ rating so ADULTS can play these games and so MA15+ games do not get that rating through mild tweaking which lets TEENAGERS play them in Australia whereas in most countries they would be R18+

Last edited:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Also we are asking for an R18+ rating so ADULTS can play these games and so MA15+ games do not get that rating through mild tweaking which lets TEENAGERS play them in Australia whereas in most countries they would be R18+
Lol wrong thread buddy
This thread is just about how violent games are, and how they affect people
You're looking for L4D2 thread

HSC
N/A
guys, i was coming home home today and listening to talk back radio (2ue) and they want CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 2 BANNED IN AUSTRALIA

WTF

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Ye lots do
But the classification board already made their decision :D
So unless the review board overturns the decision (very unlikely), all will be fine

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Does anyone other than ComingUpForAir think that ad infinitum is anything but a troll? And vice versa?
Does anyone else think that they might be the same person with a different account. If that's the case, its too bad that neither of the accounts can post anything relevant.

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
Does anyone else think that they might be the same person with a different account. If that's the case, its too bad that neither of the accounts can post anything relevant.
Hahaha, lets all post our self affirming outrage on a blatantly moot topic! This thread was crying out for some lulz.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
guys, i was coming home home today and listening to talk back radio (2ue) and they want CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 2 BANNED IN AUSTRALIA

WTF
Obviously some senile old fuckers.

I think ad infinitum is a troll
I think ComingUpForAir is a dumb**
Does anyone other than ComingUpForAir think that ad infinitum is anything but a troll? And vice versa?
Reported for spam. No game posted here in this thread or other thread has been directly, or remotely, linked to Rape.

Not only the report, but you and ComingUpForAir are nothing but trolls, you have no shred of evidence that games are directly linked to violence or sexual deviations, so please, get a life, or get some form of evidence to pack up your baseless arguments.
That germ incubating parasite shares the same account.
Caught that gelatinous drone trying to post a comment on my blog, realising it didn't work the first time it took advantage of its asexual reproduction and used a different account to try and comment on the same blog.
I actually make comments subject to approval before they can be displayed.

Just disregard all its posts, report them, disapprove of its posts, etc.
Replying to that tapeworm only helps spread its gelatinous filth like what it has done already.

EDIT:

Here we go, two accounts in alphabetical order to access my profile.

as long as steam doesnt ban it/release a toned down version, its all good.
As long as at least the headshots show blood that's fine.
Love firing a 7.62x39mm round into someone's face.

Is there even sexual references in shooters?
lol GTA: San Andreas Hot Coffee mod.

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
lol GTA: San Andreas Hot Coffee mod.
Wasnt a mod, just a easter egg that was pulled out when the console version was shipped to Aus.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
less than a fortnight till it is released.

gonna be a MGS4 PMC cunt and use that M4 and SCAR-H they apparently claim is in MW2.
I've seen both in videos so far.

HailSatan

HSC
Can't wait for it to come out. Anyone who wants it banned needs to be put down.

Ayatollah

HSC
N/A
Hey Uncle you want to play me 1v1 online when Cod4 comes out?

P.S Bring your headset cause i want to hear your disgusting anti-semite voice so I can identify you and your KKK pals when I head on up to UNSW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)