Can an Atheist Please Explain to me how the Earth came about? (1 Viewer)

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Atheism is just another religion.

Um thanks for adding to your long list of stupid posts.
You could just read the wikipedia entry.
Extrapolation of the expansion of the universe backwards in time using general relativity yields an infinite density and temperature at a finite time in the past.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-19">[20]</sup> This singularity signals the breakdown of general relativity. How closely we can extrapolate towards the singularity is debated—certainly not earlier than the Planck epoch. The early hot, dense phase is itself referred to as "the Big Bang",<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-20">[21]</sup> and is considered the "birth" of our universe. Based on measurements of the expansion using Type Ia supernovae, measurements of temperature fluctuations in the cosmic microwave background, and measurements of the correlation function of galaxies, the universe has a calculated age of 13.73 ± 0.12 billion years old<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-wmap5year_21-0">[22]</sup>. The agreement of these three independent measurements strongly supports the ΛCDM model that describes in detail the contents of the universe.
The earliest phases of the Big Bang are subject to much speculation. In the most common models, the universe was filled homogeneously and isotropically<sup> </sup>with an incredibly high energy density, huge temperatures and pressures, and was very rapidly expanding and cooling. Approximately 10<sup>−35</sup> seconds into the expansion, a phase transition caused a cosmic inflation, during which the universe grew exponentially.
You can look up 'nothing' afterwards if you want. I don't know if the state of the universe before the claimed explosion fits that definition.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I'd argue you're a troll but I'd rather not.

What we understand from what we can observe is "Gravity exists". It's actually really easy to test this. Grab something, move it from it's place of rest, elevate it, and release it. Immediately you should start to see that the effects of gravity will take place.

The earth, which has more mass than the thing you grab, will draw the thing you grabbed towards it at a faster rate than the thing you grabbed will draw the earth towards it. By your frame of reference, the thing you grabbed will fall to the floor. Unless ofcourse it's less dense than air, in which case it'll probably float.

Bare in mind, the observable phenomena does not disprove gravity. :lol:

So back to my point. Gravity is the effect of all objects with mass drawing other bodies towards itself. Without knowing why this occurs, we still can still understand why planets and stars exist as such large bodies in the universe, and why planets orbit stars. Gravity. However, we still don't see why the universe does not exist as one big ball of energy.

What we have seen however, is that celestial bodies with the most impurities exist further and further away from the most powerful and thus most center of the core of the universe. And that celestial bodies with the least impurities, and thus greater production of energy lie in the inner-most core of the universe.

What does this mean?

The moon, which orbits the earth is made of the most impure material we can observe. And what we've seen is that it exists towards the end, or outermost part of the universe. The earth which is made of more impure materials than the Sun exists more outwards from the center of the Sun which is made of smaller and more energy-capable materials. (Hydrogen and also Helium)

Considering there is an equilibrium, the core of our Galaxy or larger configuration is probably made purely of rich Hydrogen, or perhaps not even fully formed atoms.

If we go as far as that, we can also assume that somewhere out of what we can observe exists a MASS of energy, made of even less impurities. Basically if there is an equilibrium, this mass of energy exists, and the earth as an impurity was thrown further and further away as it distorts the equilibrium within this burning mass.

Basically, the Star is but a cog in the universe of which the complexities are not yet fully understood. But what I can say for certain, something greater than a Star exists. And we're not even up to God yet! :lol:

tl;dr
Go to religion. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

Teh Universre! (no really... this is it)

Protip: Purple = Nebula

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Jay-Dupree said:
I know this part but well where'd the star come from?

it's a legit question, and imo one that man will probably never be able to answer logically.<!-- / message -->
It's a legit question, but really quite a simple one, easily answered by physics, try again.

Razzah

HSC
The star came from the accretion of hydrogen gas due to gravity. The hydrogen gas came from the conversion of energy to mass according to e=mc^2.

The energy came from _____.

Thats not to say we have no idea where the energy came from, there are a number of theories.

Makes a lot more sense than religion, although I do believe religion has its place.

Razzah

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Atheism is just another religion.

It didn't explode, it just expanded really really really really really fast.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Razzah said:
Makes a lot more sense than religion, although I do believe religion has its place.
:haha:

You know this often makes me chuckle. Religion is the opposite of 'sense'. Religion provides meaning, it's not supposed to provide 'sense' or make 'sense'. It just is, and for the most part much of the present elements of an all powerful, all mighty God, are real.

Many debates online revolve around either proving or disproving God exists, and it really only requires a tiny amount of logic to disprove the existance of God by our frame of reference (something I realised years ago).

In our frame of reference, for anything to exist it must have both Mass and Energy. Nothing exists without Energy, and Energy doesn't exist without Mass. Without Mass or Energy there is nothing.

Now considering God invented or created Energy, God can not be made of energy. And because God can not be made of energy, God does not exist in our frame of reference. Infact, I argue God does not even exist IN our universe. But ultimately my understanding is that God can create and alter infinite amounts of energy in this universe. Thus, God is even more powerful than we can ever imagine in our universe. Everything we can observe, everything we've known, every thought, every vision, everybody we've ever loved. They're all made of energy.

(I fear I might be wrong, but my understanding constantly evolves, so if you catch me when I'm on a particularly stupid train of thought... well meh...)

Last edited:

Mumma

HSC
The existence of a metaphysical object is by definition unprovable by measuring its mass or energy since it is literally outside the physical realm. However its existence can still be proven. How doe the metaphysical affect the physical?

That is the train of thought we follow when we say he doesn't exist, or his existence is irrelevant. The funny thing is that God could prove his existence very easily.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Mumma said:
The existence of a metaphysical object is by definition unprovable by measuring its mass or energy since it is literally outside the physical realm. However its existence can still be proven. How doe the metaphysical affect the physical?

That is the train of thought we follow when we say he doesn't exist, or his existence is irrelevant. The funny thing is that God could prove his existence very easily.
...continue?

...God could prove his existence very easily...

Mumma

HSC
Part open the sea, float rocks around, heal the world, bring about the apocalypse :shy:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
By random chance! It came out of nothing and assembled itself randomly into a planet. Then a goo on earth turned into earthworms, which somehow turned into monkeys, which then turned into us.

That's the theory.
I should add there isn't really any evidence for any of this, it's just based on faith in a scientific minority.

And I only believe it because I want to be able to act like an animal, and I don't want to be held accountable to a creator.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Jay-Dupree said:
when a star collapses, its core becomes so dense and the gravity becomes such that the collapsed gasses are compressed into heavy elements like iron, zinc, calcium, and every other element the earth is made of.

I know this part but well where'd the star come from?

<!-- / message --> it's a legit question, and imo one that man will probably never be able to answer logically.
Don't be a tool. That's a question for a scientist, not an atheist.

If you were asking how the big bang came about it'd be different, but the evolution of stars and planets after the big bang is well-known and documented.

Even supposing science can never prove what caused the big bang, it still doesn't imply god. It's such a shame so many people don't use logic. At least Catholicism prefers science to creationist dogma.

And I say this as somebody who accepts some 'god' may or may not have started the universe, not as an absolute atheist.

Nat3skiz

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
By random chance! It came out of nothing and assembled itself randomly into a planet. Then a goo on earth turned into earthworms, which somehow turned into monkeys, which then turned into us.

That's the theory.
so if theory is incorrect.
A god was randomly created, coming out of nothing! then without prior knowledge of creating universes, and being the first and only, he had to learn how to create by himself, and being all powerful, made a universe that turns out to be a piece of shit.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
You have cool hair and when the social worker came to take your baby you locked it in a room surrounded by toilets so she couldn't get in.
Roflmao. The first genuinely funny call on BoS where I'm laughing with not at. Kudos.

[EDIT]

By the way OP you may aswell of asked what came first the chicken or the egg. You fail at attempting to show e-depth.

Last edited:

Razzah

HSC
sam04u said:
:haha:

You know this often makes me chuckle. Religion is the opposite of 'sense'. Religion provides meaning, it's not supposed to provide 'sense' or make 'sense'. It just is, and for the most part much of the present elements of an all powerful, all mighty God, are real.

Many debates online revolve around either proving or disproving God exists, and it really only requires a tiny amount of logic to disprove the existance of God by our frame of reference (something I realised years ago).

In our frame of reference, for anything to exist it must have both Mass and Energy. Nothing exists without Energy, and Energy doesn't exist without Mass. Without Mass or Energy there is nothing.

Now considering God invented or created Energy, God can not be made of energy. And because God can not be made of energy, God does not exist in our frame of reference. Infact, I argue God does not even exist IN our universe. But ultimately my understanding is that God can create and alter infinite amounts of energy in this universe. Thus, God is even more powerful than we can ever imagine in our universe. Everything we can observe, everything we've known, every thought, every vision, everybody we've ever loved. They're all made of energy.

(I fear I might be wrong, but my understanding constantly evolves, so if you catch me when I'm on a particularly stupid train of thought... well meh...)

It was more of a response to people like starcraftmazter who are fingering evolutionary theory as being completely nonsensical.

Also, regarding your point of saying that god created energy, personally I believe that 'God' IS the energy and thus that God is truly all around us ;).

Starcraftmazter, on the other hand we have creationism's explanation for the beginning of the universe.

This really really big powerful thing which we have no proof exists or ever has existed sort of clicked his fingers and the Earth was there. DISREGARD THE TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS AND THE FACT THAT ROCKS CAN BE RADIOMETRICALLY DATED TO >3 BILLION YEARS OLD.

Mumma

HSC
Razzah said:
This really really big powerful thing which we have no proof exists or ever has existed sort of clicked his fingers and the Earth was there. DISREGARD THE TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS AND THE FACT THAT ROCKS CAN BE RADIOMETRICALLY DATED TO >3 BILLION YEARS OLD.
You forgot to add the destructively convincing "Makes perfect sense." to the end of that. Thats what got me!

Kipz

HSC
Why do Atheists have to PROVE anything? The burden of proof is on the faith heads. We have much more evidence and scientific testing backing our views than any amount of clutching onto a cross and crying will ever give.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)