Can assessments be due in the same week as trials? (1 Viewer)

Newto

HSC
Most schools organise at least one week between assessments and trials, is this an official Board of Studies rule? If so where do they outline the official rules?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Yes, I've heard assessments being due during the period of trials.
I've also heard that students with major works are due during their trials timetable.

leehuan

HSC
No, I've heard assessments being due during the period of trials.
I've also heard that students with major works are due during their trials timetable.
Ftfy? Or am I reading the initial post in reverse?

@OP internal assessment is called internal for a reason. The school decided when and how to do what

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Most schools organise at least one week between assessments and trials, is this an official Board of Studies rule? If so where do they outline the official rules?
I'm assuming you mean assessments other than trials? There is no rule. I've had practical assessments for my science subjects in the same week as my trials.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
There is no rule, but generally schools won't do that as they understand how stressful some kids find trials.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
They can but at my school, there must be a 2 week gap between an assessment and the trial exam for that particular subject

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
To the Board of Studies trials are just like any other internal assessment and there are no special rules governing them. It's up to the school so long as all Board requirements re internal assessment are followed.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes they can, particularly if you do a creative subject like Visual Arts or Textiles-they can well ask you to hand in your major work before or during trials.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Ftfy? Or am I reading the initial post in reverse?

@OP internal assessment is called internal for a reason. The school decided when and how to do what
GOD DAMN IT, WHAT D: < Don't change my answer ; A ;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)