can chicks rock out? (1 Viewer)

H

hilaryv

I say why the hell not, if you love your music then you should naturally "rock out" or whatever it is you want to label it anyway, independent of your style of music.

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
heck yes chicks can rock out! people like meg white from the white stripes(her beats are simple but shes awesome at playing), karen o, patience from the grates, the donnas and paz from perfect circle....they put on kickarse shows and rock out hard........ perhaps it seems like they cant because there isnt as many chicks in rock as guys but they do put on a good show

FerretallicA

Lord of the 7 Strings
HSC
Unless your name is Jennifer Batten or The Great Kat... no. Chicks generally can't rock out at all. Then again, neither can most guys.

Last edited:

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
90% of rocking out is abusing groupies. Females cannot do this due to deeply ingrained double standards in society.

Therefore, chicks cannot rock out.
worst way of judging what rocking out is ever.
the point is the music, not what some tool is doing.
there's a heap of awesome female artists that rock out, they just seem to be ignored by most people. auf der maur anyone?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
maddy_d said:
heck yes chicks can rock out! people like meg white from the white stripes(her beats are simple but shes awesome at playing)

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
worst.drummer.ever.

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
Born Dancer said:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
worst.drummer.ever.
granted opinion.....i guess it depends on what music you like and dont like...it was just an example...a bad one in your opinion....anyway, valid all the same :)

arrested development
HSC
Meg White is not a technically brilliant drummer; I'm sure that just about anyone could learn to play like her. However, you cannot deny that she puts a lot of energy into her performances and she definitely "rocks out". She's cool, I like her. :)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
maddy_d said:
granted opinion.....i guess it depends on what music you like and dont like...it was just an example...a bad one in your opinion....anyway, valid all the same :)

actually in this case it doesnt. i love the whitestripes. red blood cells is one of my favourite albums. i did lose all respect for them after big day out, however that is irrelevant. she uses very very simple techniques making her style imo very boring. i dont care what jack says about childish innocence... when you break it down, her drumming is very simplistic and unimaginative.

esquared

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
90% of rocking out is abusing groupies. Females cannot do this due to deeply ingrained double standards in society.

Therefore, chicks cannot rock out.

whoa, its like you have a "coca-cola advertisement" knowlege of rock and roll culture, yet are insightful enough to see its flaws, while still being ignorant enough to believe it's real.

crazy shit. usually people who call bullshit on that kind of culture know that it doesnt exist anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)