• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can eating healthy make you super smart? (1 Viewer)

Can eating healthy food make you super smart?

• Total voters

Domsky

HSC
Just curious, I was wondering whether eating good food can make you super smart...
And what are they?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Yeah dem ruse kids eat cow manure every day in their farm.

How else do you think they get so smart huh?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
One could argue healthy eating -> less chance of feeling lethargic -> More study time -> Smarter?

Aysce

HSC
Healthy eating -> Feel less fat -> Higher confidence -> Physically peaking -> Thinking increases -> More efficient study -> Smarter.

Obviously you need to be determined as well.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
So many of the super smart people I know eat a stack of junk food cause they are too busy studying. But then they are really smart health gurus so...I dunno lots of its determined by natural talent, hard work but maybe good food can put the icing on the cake?

deswa1

HSC
Just a personal story- In Year's 7/8, I was probably around top 30 in our year (this is at a selective school). In Year 9, I started eating healthier and exercising a lot more (i.e. I now run about 4 times a week). Since then, in Year 9+10 I came 2nd overall and then I came first in Year 11. Obviously though, eating might not be the cause- since you get a lot more electives in Year's 9/10 and especially 11 and 12, that would be one factor + I also started studying more in Year 11 +12 however I think in my case eating differently made a difference.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Just a personal story- In Year's 7/8, I was probably around top 30 in our year (this is at a selective school). In Year 9, I started eating healthier and exercising a lot more (i.e. I now run about 4 times a week). Since then, in Year 9+10 I came 2nd overall and then I came first in Year 11. Obviously though, eating might not be the cause- since you get a lot more electives in Year's 9/10 and especially 11 and 12, that would be one factor + I also started studying more in Year 11 +12 however I think in my case eating differently made a difference.
Perhaps it just made you feel better :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Eating healthy will make you be able to think clearer and generally feel better

So yes, if you eat healthy while studying (obviously not a the same time), you will probably retain a lot more information

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
It's not necessarily going to make you 'super smart', but it'll help you reach your full potential.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
It cant say give you smartness and wisdom all of a sudden... but it would make you energetic to study and such and make you feel less tired...
It would also help with clearer thought and make you feel better..

HSC
It can help, but obviously isn't a direct cause of increased smartness. It depends on a variety of other factors as well.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Eating healthy will definitely help you to work and study as it allows you to feel better and do what you need to do more efficiently. But as for the "super smart" part, well, probably not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)