can i change subjects if i tell them on the first day (1 Viewer)

sungkwo

HSC
N/A
can i change subjects if i tell them on the first day? I think I've changed my mind I want to do economics instead of chemistry... I know that the board of studies manages our subjects now, and our subject choices are supposed to be set in stone
:cry:

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
can i change subjects if i tell them on the first day? I think I've changed my mind I want to do economics instead of chemistry... I know that the board of studies manages our subjects now, and our subject choices are supposed to be set in stone
:cry:
as without wings said, it depends on your school, but my school gave people a term's grace. my boyfriend even changed subjects halfway through t2, but it was from d&t to music, so a non-content based subject.

with chem - eco, you'd want to do it sooner than later. i changed around a bit in the first few days, going from physics to d&t and pdhpe to french.

wait, you're not even in y11 yet. i'm sure your school will say that it's okay to change your choices.

TheStallion

HSC
If you're going into year 12 in 2010, no, you can't change from chem to economics - you haven't done the prelim course for economics. If this is only something you've realised after a year of doing chem... wow.

Have a chat to your school anyway, you never know.

Paradox.101

HSC
Wouldn't be surprised if you could. I'm being considered for English Extension 1U for year 12.

Tangent

HSC
And if they dont let you change, then just keep asking. They are there to provide you with the course you want for your hsc, and if they can give it to you they will have to.

If all else fails, phone up bos (the gov one)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Very unlikely. If you're really lucky and persistent, they might let you do the HSC course alongside the Preliminary course (so you'd have to do all your prelim assessments as well)
I wanted to change Modern History to Chemistry this time last year, but my school didn't let me. Had parent's letter and everything

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
All the schools around here require each student who is intending to drop one or more courses to attend them for atleast three weeks.

Just so they can make a more "informed" decision.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
All the schools around here require each student who is intending to drop one or more courses to attend them for atleast three weeks.

Just so they can make a more "informed" decision.
yeah we had to sit in them for a while until our paper work went through which was a pain cos we could of been doing other work then

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Wouldn't be surprised if you could. I'm being considered for English Extension 1U for year 12.</SPAN>
EX1 is slightly different, as there is nothing in the preliminary course that you will be tested on it the exam. Additionally, you have already developed the skills in English Adv, thus why you could be considered to do the HSC course.

Paradox.101

HSC
EX1 is slightly different, as there is nothing in the preliminary course that you will be tested on it the exam. Additionally, you have already developed the skills in English Adv, thus why you could be considered to do the HSC course.
Ah right, then take that into account sungkwo and thanks for the heads up :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)