Can I use pencil? (1 Viewer)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
lyounamu said:
I am only going to use pencil for drawing..so it's fine?
Yeah thats okay, but make sure you use a fairly dark pencil (something darker than normal HB pencils), because i've heard from teachers that sometimes the lighting in the marking centres is poor, and its hard to see faint pencil lines.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
midifile said:
Yeah thats okay, but make sure you use a fairly dark pencil (something darker than normal HB pencils), because i've heard from teachers that sometimes the lighting in the marking centres is poor, and its hard to see faint pencil lines.
I reckon I will follow your method if I think about it now - drawing with pencil and then elaborately covering that up with pen, lol.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Can I use pencil?

Why you use pencil?
Any mistakes you make can be easily erased and corrected within a short time compared to pen, I even identify intercepts and stationary points in pencil.
Otherwise you use pen for anything one-off e.g. because drawing axes shouldn't be that hard.

henry08

HSC
N/A
I draw the graph in pencil etc, then when I have it correct, go over it in pen.

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
I have always used pen and will forever continue to use only pens for sketching.

Plus, my teacher hates pencil users as he believes it shows insecurity :p

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Graphing in pens is all well and good, but a lot pf pens screw up when you use them to rule lines. They become all globular and smudge so much easier, which makes the rest of the exam a bitch. That being said, I'm still graphing in pen. I've just got a graphing pen now, and an exam pen.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Js^-1 said:
Graphing in pens is all well and good, but a lot pf pens screw up when you use them to rule lines. They become all globular and smudge so much easier, which makes the rest of the exam a bitch. That being said, I'm still graphing in pen. I've just got a graphing pen now, and an exam pen.
wow nice lol, sounds fancy, u have a graphing pen lol

vds700

HSC
For graphs i rule the axes using pen draw the curve using pencil, in case I need to change it. This is OK right?

I do everything else in pen.

bogdanovs

HSC
lyounamu said:
Is it possible to use pencil for drawing diagrams during HSC Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2?

On the front page, it only says that we are to use black or blue pen but I reckon I will need to use pencil to help me draw certain graphs.

I have never done a math paper in pen. When i did the 2U Mathematics HSC paper last year in pencil there were no issues.

As far as i can see, the only reason they would force us to use pen is to eliminate the chance of our answers smudging when we hand up the paper. I've got a sharpener and i feel comfortable in pencil so that's the way it's gonna be.

neeksy45

HSC
i've been trying very hard to write in pen, but its difficult to break habits.
using pencil is what i have always done so i hate it when my teacher makes me change. I tried to do my trials in pen, but they ended up half-half because of habit.my teacher wasnt impressed.haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)