Can I Use The Namesake Film as A related text (1 Viewer)

TheyCallMeDouly

HSC
hi! i recently watched the namesake and thought it was a great movie and i want to use it for belonging. i understand that the novel cant be used due to the fact its a prescribed text, however could the film be used and should it be used??

any help would be appreciated.

Mdyeow

HSC
Uni Grad
i understand that the novel cant be used due to the fact its a prescribed text, however could the film be used and should it be used??
If you're not studying the prescribed text in your unit, then I think it should be fine. Since you really enjoyed the film I don't want to discourage you from studying it, but at the same time be aware that some examiners may think you're trying to be cheap/lazy even though you're not. The strength and acuity of your analysis will ultimately determine how well you combat that perception.

You may want to think about using it as a "backup" related text - so one that you only use if, say, the question asks for two related texts/your initial choices aren't as suitable for a particular question.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I strongly don't recommend you using any form of prescribed texts-particularly since you are doing your HSC this year-because even if you use a film, if it is based on the prescribed text, it is showing you haven't taken enough personal initiative in finding 'other' related texts, I would strongly suggest choosing other texts for belonging-there are many other much better choices. What prescribed text are you studying?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)