• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Can Men and Women Be Platonic Friends? (2 Viewers)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
why do relationship chat end up using "words" to make it sound cooler lol, its about life gdamit lol stay out of the books use some slang mate ;). and yes guys can be friends with gurls without sexual thoughts, but thats for most of the time. Its virtually impossible not to think about something thats slightly sexual, and likewise for girls.
I understood everything after the smiley face.

_GOD_

HSC
if u hab fat ugly tub chik + Robert patterson
They will still hab sex
so no

Amogh

HSC
N/A
lol im just rofl at this thread
funny how you linked robert patterson to masculinity.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Can men have friendships with women that are nonsexual in nature?

You can’t take it for granted that all men and all women are capable of a non-sensual relationship with the opposite sex. It is the male rather than a woman who is unable to look at the opposite sex without separating himself from the normal connotations attached.

Still, this is a big question!
To be honest, I think I've found that I personally can't be close friends with a man who isn't my boyfriend.
I can easily be friends with a man where the friendship consists of relatively brief conversations, hanging out in groups etc, but once we become close - it gets awkward - and it is risky.
Even if I guard myself and my feelings I'm opening a floodgate of opportunity to hurt my male friend..and any woman he is in relationship with.
Someone wise once told me that pretty much all affection between platonic male/female friends ought to be public. I think he was right.
Be friends but don't get in too deep. ( no pun intended).

pman

Banned
HSC
If you are not capable of a platonic relationship with the opposite sex, I recomend you learn, start off with people that physically repulse you if that helps but honestly, a friend is a friend, gays are capable of platontic relationships with the same sex so why can't heteroes but vapable of platonic relationships with the oppasite sex, I know i am.

evil_kitten

HSC
i have a couple really good patonic guy friends, but it is difficult being friends with guys sometimes
sometimes its just easier being friends with girls, but even then they can fall for you :(

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
i have a couple really good patonic guy friends, but it is difficult being friends with guys sometimes
sometimes its just easier being friends with girls, but even then they can fall for you :(
Don't suppose you filmed these women "falling for you", did you?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Hey Ebony, I hope our relationship is never platonic...
:shy:

Freddie09

HSC
jeez what a stupid question, at least half (actually probably more) of my friends are guys, and i know i don't think about doin it with them (well maybe one or two) but most of them are 'platonic' relationships. And yeah, women aren't always a more platonic option lol

evil_kitten

HSC
jeez what a stupid question, at least half (actually probably more) of my friends are guys, and i know i don't think about doin it with them (well maybe one or two) but most of them are 'platonic' relationships. And yeah, women aren't always a more platonic option lol
Yeah, its just so freaky when they start making a move and you wernt expecting it or anything. Especially when they've already seen you naked D:
Its that whole 'how much DID they look when I was getting changed' =\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)