can my school force me to do 12 units? (1 Viewer)

stellar1987

Professional Retard
HSC
thanks for the replies

Thanks the replies ppls...Some of you said to just skip the classes or leave the school or pick up a tafe course. Well, because it's a private school and there is only about 400 ppl in my school and about 30 in my class. I think they would notice if I was wagging and that would just get me in more trouble. I don't want to go to another school because I have made so many friends here and I have been going here since kindergarten so why should I have to change in my last year? I didn't mind taking up a tafe course to have 11 or 12 units but I've been told I can't get a list of tafe courses until the end of this year...but some of you here are saying it's too late? What's going on - i'm confused! And they also say I would have to do 4 terms work in 3 terms - I think there just saying that to stop me doing a tafe course. And I am wondering why two other students are allowed to go down to 10 units and they have the same reasons as me? Anyway, I'll continue doing drama...i will try my best but not get too stressed about it because it's my least favourite subject and just to fill the 12 units. if i go crap - big deal! I have another question though: how hard is drama in the hsc. the only reason i did drama in prelim (yr 11) was because i had to fill in 12 units and because of the lack of choice of subjects at my school (i quit ancient history in first term of year 11 and switched to drama and there's no way i'm going back to ancient history!). I am going to do a 'video drama' for my IP and I am already in a group for my GDP..it's the GDP I am worried about. I have heard the HSC drama exam isn't hard at all...is that true? I guess I can have a look at the past-hsc exams on the BOS website anyway... thanks ppls, cya later. I'm feeling a bit beter now because I realise I don't have to worry to much about drama and not worry if I go crap. I was forced to do drama but can I be forced to go well? NO!!!! I was getting stressed for a while but let's move on! I just can't wait until the end of 2005 (yr 12 formal)...

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
you should complain. say that you are a hard worker and that doing drama is disadvantaging and limiting the performance in your other courses. my cousin always seems to get out of these sorts of things cause his mum is a great complainer. at my school we only need to do 12 units in yr11. your school is expecting too much. 10 units is good for some people when it comes to performance

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I would think simply by BOS regulations, they can't enforce anything BOS doesn't enforce.

Bring BOS into the matter. Always scares them. :p

Having said that, though, I am forced to do SOR1 - Catholic school - and I doubt I could wriggle my way out of that one, though I didn't try. Still, it's only 6 periods per cycle, and I simply do maths in it,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)