Can somebody please estimate for me+ questions (1 Viewer)

gezzill

HSC
Edit: I Have More Questions

Could someone please explain to me what my UAI would be, and how you can estimate it without marks. i need a UAI of 82 and im worried

My ranks at the end of HSC are:
- SOR (I)- 27/50
- English Advanced- 1/32
- Mathematics- 15/17
- Biology- 1/23
- Chemistry- 2/7
- Modern History- 1/16

And 2 qns.. i am failing maths as you can see, and im wondering what mark i should get to improve my UAI (realistically going off my record). i really want a pass-60% in the maths exam.. would this be scaled higher?
thanks alot... and please answer honestly/ accurately :)

EDIT: COULD SOMEONE GIVE ME AN ESTIMATE PLEASE AND HOW MY MATHS IS GOING TO EFFECT MY UAI

Last edited:

Gerald10

HSC
Ok..

a) whether a rank is good or not depends on your school and the people around you. i.e. coming 15th at James Ruse in Maths and you might be looking at low to mid range band 6 where as in other places that clearly isn't the case.

b)its not just your rank but the space between the ranks. For example coming 2nd by 1 mark is completely different to coming 2nd by 20. Its better to be tenth and 5 marks behind first than 2nd and 20 marks back.

c) a rank is only bad if the people ranked above you are going to do significantly worse than you.

d) your ranks put you in a position where you are in control of your own destiny because for four subjects your near enough to the top.

e) don't worry about how the system works at this stage. All you can do is your best - if you get it you do, if you don't you don't - worrying about it will not improve your situation but if your looking for reassurance I would say your work throughout the year has put you in a strong position to get well over 82 if you perform well in your exams.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Gerald10 said:
Ok..

a) whether a rank is good or not depends on your school and the people around you. i.e. coming 15th at James Ruse in Maths and you might be looking at low to mid range band 6 where as in other places that clearly isn't the case.
not really, if ur coming top 15th at james ruse in maths i'd say u'd get a high band 6, 98ish
Gerald10 said:
b)its not just your rank but the space between the ranks. For example coming 2nd by 1 mark is completely different to coming 2nd by 20. Its better to be tenth and 5 marks behind first than 2nd and 20 marks back.
no its not, its better to be 2nd by 20 marks back as long as in the HSC exam u close that gap or u beat the guy coming first
Gerald10 said:
c) a rank is only bad if the people ranked above you are going to do significantly worse than you.
do u mean a low rank?
Gerald10 said:
d) your ranks put you in a position where you are in control of your own destiny because for four subjects your near enough to the top.
thats true, u are first in 3 subjects and 2nd in another which means that if u study hard, it will be worth it since if u come first u'll get those marks

runnable

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
no its not, its better to be 2nd by 20 marks back as long as in the HSC exam u close that gap or u beat the guy coming first
Not true. Closing the gap can ensure a higher moderated internal mark. There is a huge difference.

gezzill

HSC
thanks guys.. so its possible with those ranks to get a 82 reassures me.
im worried about maths... but hopefully i can fix it in my external HSC exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)