can u do this??? (1 Viewer)

shady145

Banned
HSC
i went to a math conference type thing in lismore today and there were a few schools there and there were presenters who talked about different topics.
one of the topics was ploynomials and i was suprised by how many people couldnt do the following question

P(x)=(x+1)(x-3)Q(x) + a(x+1) + b. where Q(x) is a polynomial and a, b are real numbers. When P(x) is divided by (x+1) the remainder is -11. When P(x) is divided by (x-3) the remainder is 1.
what is the value of b???

this i thought was an easy question. but most the schools there couldnt get it.
so don't answer the question, i just wanna know if u can do it or not, and if u think it was easy or hard

Last edited:

undalay

HSC
i went to a math conference type thing in lismore today and there were a few schools there and there were presenters who talked about different topics.
one of the topics was ploynomials and i was suprised by how many people couldnt do the following question

P(x)=(x+1)(x-3)Q(x) + a(x+1) + b. where Q(x) is a polynomial and a, b are real numbers. When P(x) is divided by (x+1) the remainder is -11. When P(x) is divided by (x-3) the remainder is 1.
what is the value of b???

this i thought was an extremely easy question. but most the schools there couldnt get it.
so don't answer the question, i just wanna know if u can do it or not, and if u think it was easy or hard
Yes.

K

khorne

Firstly, yes

pretentious-o-meter rising....."Eye Capt'n, she's gonna bloowwww....!!!!"

You know what amazes me..how many people aren't acceleranted...It must mean everyone is stupid /sarcasm.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Thats not a really a hard question, pretty much a standard 3 unit maths question.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i don't know when - but sooner or later - you'l lrealise that people are FUCKING STUPID.

even in uni, you get dumbpeople that make you want to cringe.

this question is standard.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i don't know when - but sooner or later - you'l lrealise that people are FUCKING STUPID.

even in uni, you get dumbpeople that make you want to cringe.

this question is standard.
And to think i was hoping uni would get me away from super stupid people >.>

That question is very straight forward.

M@ster P

HSC
lol all u have to do is sub x = 1, and u get the answer, a 1 step question

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Being within a school of good students for many years often makes you forget how smart you are compared to some people in the entire state. It's often hard to believe that the majority of students in the state cannot do what most of us here define as basic levels.

As for dumb people in uni, it depends on what degree you do. If you do law or med, prepare to be hammered by a majority cohort of geniuses lol :p

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Being within a school of good students for many years often makes you forget how smart you are compared to some people in the entire state. It's often hard to believe that the majority of students in the state cannot do what most of us here define as basic levels.

As for dumb people in uni, it depends on what degree you do. If you do law or med, prepare to be hammered by a majority cohort of geniuses lol :p
or any of your classes treb, those people are insanely smart (yourself inclusive)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)