can u like/love someone over the net? (1 Viewer)

can you love or like someone over the net?

• yes

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • no

Votes: 32 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

melo92

HSC
so me and my friend were wondering, could u ever fall in love without meeting a guy?? my friend knows this guy thru her friend and he lives in new zealand, and she thinks she is in love wit him. i think its possible if you no what they look like, cause thats the only thing holdin u back if you find them heaps cool.

mel

novembre

HSC
N/A
You can love someone who appears in your dream (whom you don't think you've met irl). But that is in no way the same as saying you can love someone over the net.

Evilo

HSC
a personality can be easily made up over the internet. To be in love there needs to be a physical connection too.

HalcyonSky

HSC
ive had some e-crushes, but they usually end after i receive a pic of the other person. e-Love is possible, depending on your definition of love

Russdog

russell
HSC
when i was in year 6 i was playing runescape and cybered a girl who said she was 16. i said i was 18. then we got married ig.

decypher

HSC
Exphate said:
Well, I guess you can fall in love with their personality (well, that which they show) over the net, without actually seeing them. That said, you could be talking to a paedophile who is acting like a 16 year old (never know). You can fall in love with "who they are" without your judgement being swayed based on "what they look like".
MC, the OP reminds me of a situation rather close to home. I wonder how that's going?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
HalcyonSky said:
ive had some e-crushes, but they usually end after i receive a pic of the other person. e-Love is possible, depending on your definition of love
Well, since one of the essential elements to loving someone is complete trust (at least it is for me), I don't think it's possible to actually love someone you meet online until you actually meet them and verify their identity. I wouldn't put complete trust in someone I'd never seen and for all I really knew was lying about who they were, no matter how awesome they seemed.

Besides internet personality =/= irl personality. Some people are nicer, some people are nastier and some people are child molesters. You never know.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
for what it's worth, the vast majority of rapes are by people who know the victim IRL, or date rapes, which happen at a bar or club or something.

Someone u meet online is no more or less likely to have evil intentions than someone u meet IRL, lol, and if you've got half a brain it takes 5 seconds to check via webcam & phone whether someone's who they claim to be or not

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Yeah you can, but that doesn't mean you'll love them in person. It's like asking 'can you fall in love with someone at work', the answer is... well yes, but that doesn't mean you'll be in love with them when you're hanging out outside of the work environment.

Che08

HSC
Enteebee said:
Yeah you can, but that doesn't mean you'll love them in person. It's like asking 'can you fall in love with someone at work', the answer is... well yes, but that doesn't mean you'll be in love with them when you're hanging out outside of the work environment.
actually this answer seems right to me.. ive had this convo with a good friend.. i have always said no.. shes said you can fall in love with the personality and soul.

- so i change my answer to yes.. but you need to meet them to know if its real love. ;)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Depends on their avatar.

No one can ever love Rebekkie.

jazzbaby

HSC
its possible
webcam and voice have made it easier
but personally i would find it hard to have a relationship just over the net
i mean if u meet em online and then go meet em in real then yeah thats ok
but just on webcam and that,.... na lol there has to be some type of physical connection

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
jazzbaby said:
its possible
webcam and voice have made it easier
but personally i would find it hard to have a relationship just over the net
i mean if u meet em online and then go meet em in real then yeah thats ok
but just on webcam and that,.... na lol there has to be some type of physical connection
Like an ethernet? or USB?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)