Can you do general Maths in highschool and still do medicine (1 Viewer)

fh1993

HSC
Can you do general Maths in highschool and still do medicine in uni. I want to do medicine in uni but im not the best at mathematics and i was thninking of dropping to General Maths, also my chemistry marks are preety good.

thanks guys

scroates

fresh meat
HSC
maths is not a prerequisite for medicine. so if you can get a high enough atar without it then you can drop for sure.

Lauchlan

HSC
chemistry is very maths-oriented to an extent... i remember a teacher saying for chem or physics 2 unit adv maths is recommended. keep maths for now... you can always drop later.

diametric

HSC
I didn't do any maths for the HSC. I also did chem (and got a band 6 regardless of my lacking math skills). I also had similar concerns to you. The answer is no, you do not need to do 2u maths, or any kind of maths, to get into medicine.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
FINALLY a question that is NOT about "umat group fucking discount" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
Can you do general Maths in highschool and still do medicine in uni. I want to do medicine in uni but im not the best at mathematics and i was thninking of dropping to General Maths, also my chemistry marks are preety good.

thanks guys
if you're sweet with chem then you'll be alright

in first year you should come across some basic statistics (pain in the ass) and just mathematical relationships in biochem
but it's all stuff you'll definitely get the hang of after study

macca91 said:
Personally I didn't do bio for the HSC but haven't really found it a big problem, you can pick bio up pretty quick.
man, not doing hsc bio was such a derp

Tim035

HSC
There's basically no maths in medicine and minimal chemistry (beyond understanding the chemistry underlying the interactions of amino acids). English is far more important, as is a very good memory.

If you believe you can get the marks without maths to get in to med then go for it.

alen180sx

HSC
what if you are good in maths and physics but do not do chemistry, would that affect you in getting into the course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)