Can you drop a subject in the middle of the Preliminary Year and pick another? (1 Viewer)

acemusic415

HSC
^ Like the question says, can you actually drop a subject and pick up another subject? Even though you need to catch up, isn't there a certain amount of hours the student must complete. I'm not sure if the Board of Studies actually specifies this, if so can anybody redirect me to a link which states so. Also, is it at the Principal's discretion in allowing students to drop a subject in the middle of the year and pick another.

Cheers

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Some people did at our school, they allowed u up to about half way thru term 2.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Each school makes their own decisions on this.

There are no minimum hours that you have to do but you have to show that you have meet some of the outcomes of the course.

My school has allowed a student to change subjects between Years 11 and 12 by doing the end of year examination - thus showing that he had achieved some of the outcomes of the course. He ended up with a Band 6 in the new course, which he wouldn't have received in the one he left.

Trisha M

HSC
it depends on the school. some school allow this and some dont. but always remember that your preliminary stuff are base of HSC studies. so if you drop now, you will have heaps and heaps to catch up on and you already have missed out half the work. so.... i would suggest not changing right now. drop the subject when you get to year 12 if you are desperate.
:hat: :sun: :hat:

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on the subjects really, some are easier than others to catch up on.

HSC
I dropped down from SOR 1 to RCS halfway through this term, and I don't regret it, Actually I regret the fact I didn't do it earlier. Also its good drop the subject and pick up a subject your able to catchup with the work rather quickly, because somebody I know dropped Sports Coaching and came into my Society and Culture class and they had to pick it up fairly quickly but they came in at the start of term two last year

P

pinkcupcakes

um, well a few days ago i dropped business studies and moved to math ext. 1.
took ALOT of convincing my principal though. :)

caniGou

HSC
I am pretty sure that you can if your school agrees but it would probably depend on what subjects you were changing to because some would be hard to pick up now.... others easy !:sun:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)