Can you help me organise myself a bit better? (1 Viewer)

Katecp22

HSC
So, I absolutely suck at studying (just don't do it i suck) and getting homework and assignments done. Homework I usually just don't do and I get my assignments in but i spend huge amounts of time procrastinating (because I suck). I only need a 63 atar and according to some calculators my marks are pretty much there but I still want to do well, you know.
Basically these are my days because they are all different

Monday
School till 2pm
nap till 4pm
procrastinate/work till 6pm
dinner till 6:30
more procrastinating/work until I start ripping my hair out
go to bed somewhere between 10:30 and 11:30

Tuesday is the same except school until 3 and nap until 5-6

Wednesday
school till 12:30
nap till 3
work/procrastinate till 4
early dinner at 4
more work/procrastinate from 4:30 - 5
get ready for dance and more work/procrastination till 5:45
dance until 9 then i'm to tired to do anything

Thursday
school till 3
nap till 4
early dinner till 4:30
work/procrastinate till 6
get ready for dance till 6:30
dance from 6:45 till 9
again to tired to do anything after that

friday
school till 3
nap till 6
dinner till 6:30
work/procrastination for the rest of the night

and on the weekends I tend to do whatever

Currently I have 4 assignments due in the next 2 weeks and i'm not at all ready for any of them because all i have done is procrastinate. I did however just spend 2 weeks busting my ass over my IRP so that may partly be the reason why my brain is refusing to do anything but I do feel that i really need to improve how I spend my time. I can't quit/do less dance because it is literally the only thing keeping me sane at the moment and I love it plus I'm really having an issue with fatigue at the moment where i can't even make it through a 3 period day without my whole body feeling so heavy and tired so I can't cut down on the naps. I have no idea how to fix this lmao please help me I'm dying

leehuan

HSC
Somewhere in this forum lies a study timetable thread. You might want to find it (or someone else links it)

cookie_dough

HSC
N/A
Ok i think the problem behind the lack of organisation is the tiredness (dw i feel your pain)
drink coffee and if the sleep issue is actually that bad see a doctor cos who knows it might be a sleeping disorder.
once this is fixed it'll probably naturally be easier to work and be organised, which it seems like you already want anyways

nerdwithapurpose

HSC
The only way I can fully study is if I convince myself I will fail (depressing I know), but this will spur you on to do work.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Get a blood test (unless you already know you have a medical issue such as chronic fatigue?)
2. How is your diet? Too much junk??
3.Try completing tasks in small "chunks" e.g put a timer (stopwatch?) on for 25 minutes, then have a 5 minute break and repeat.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Hey - first you have to tell yourself, why am I doing the HSC? The HSC is a big task, its no easy feat, and the only thing that will alleviate your procrastinating and such is having a clear and focused goal you can work towards. Are you passionate to go into medicine and try to save lives? Be a teacher and educate? Be an engineer and technologically progress humanity? These goals will tell your body, "Shit, what am I doing procrastinating? I'm drifting further away my goal! - trust me, it's that simple and your mind will work like that. I had that drive before, before I realized I wasn't doing the HSC for myself, I was doing it for my parents and everyone around me. Knowing this right now I feel lost, so like you, I tend to procrastinate a lot these days. Year 11 was my year, I was topping all my subjects because I believed in a fallacy in which I could succeed, but not anymore. It's true when they say HSC is a game of endurance - you need to keep at it. Acknowledge that the HSC is equally as academically demanding as it is psychologically demanding.

Mind of matter.

EDIT: I guess it's time to change my sig.

SudhiTheBoat

HSC
Eat well and exercise. Try to wake up a tad earlier and get yourself to do something productive. Also, reward yourself after completion of small tasks. The problem w/ some people is that they just reward themselves regardless because 'it's a small task' and I wreckon that's where the procrastination kicks in.

Try to get something (anything) done before you take a nap after school, OR, try to avoid your nap if possible and go to sleep earlier. So that when you wake up, you aren't tired and more alert.

TLDR; eat healthy, exercise, sleep earlier, reward yourself after small tasks.

MouseTop

HSC
Went to the Careers Expo at Olympic yesterday and this is what a guy there said:

10 hours before you go to sleep - No Caffeine
3 hours before you go to sleep - No food
2 hours before you go to sleep - No work
1 hour before you go to sleep - No screens (aim for at least 30 mins, TV is allowed)

He also said to make a study timetable find times where you need to do something e.g. Jump on Facebook from 8-9, Dinner from 6-6:30, Dance etc.
Then, fill in the gaps with study. I find myself going on Facebook or Whirlpool a lot instead of studying so...turn off the Wi-Fi :). Another person said to make sure you don't study similar subjects on the same day i.e. no maths and phys on the same day or business and eco.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Went to the Careers Expo at Olympic yesterday and this is what a guy there said:

10 hours before you go to sleep - No Caffeine
3 hours before you go to sleep - No food
2 hours before you go to sleep - No work
1 hour before you go to sleep - No screens (aim for at least 30 mins, TV is allowed)

He also said to make a study timetable find times where you need to do something e.g. Jump on Facebook from 8-9, Dinner from 6-6:30, Dance etc.
Then, fill in the gaps with study. I find myself going on Facebook or Whirlpool a lot instead of studying so...turn off the Wi-Fi :). Another person said to make sure you don't study similar subjects on the same day i.e. no maths and phys on the same day or business and eco.
This is highly important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)