Can you wear WHATEVER you want to uni? (1 Viewer)

Scissors

HSC
Like, could I turn up in a singlet, shorts and thongs? Or are there SOME rules? Could I turn up with a shirt that says "Wish Hitler did his job properly" or something?

Scissors

HSC
janaranaran! said:
if you want to get bashed
AHAHA, nah I wouldn't turn up like that, but like on the odd day, I might just roll out of bed, chuck a singlet on, thongs, and go.

SkyLo

HSC
people either dress like theyre a model or like theyve just gotten out of bed. one extreme to the other

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Some reso's turn up in PJ's and sh*t, and get the odd stare or two. You can wear anything you wan't, unless your in pracs clinicals where you must wear enclosed shoes, lab coat, etc.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
based on empirical observation

the rule is you have to dress up like you're going out and want to impress everyone for the first 2 weeks (especially girls)

then you realise it's uni and wear casual clothes

a singlet is fine too

Scissors

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
based on empirical observation

the rule is you have to dress up like you're going out and want to impress everyone for the first 2 weeks (especially girls)

then you realise it's uni and wear casual clothes

a singlet is fine too
Yeah, I'll probably turn up in whatever I find lying around my room.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Scissors said:
Yeah, I'll probably turn up in whatever I find lying around my room.
Thats essentially what i do. i think its what most people do. if you wanted to turn up in pjs you could, you'd get a few looks but othan that noone would really care...unless it is classes that have specific needs.

doink

Clone
HSC
formal attire only mate. Its annoying but i put on my tuxedo every day like the rest of them and the women have to wear cocktail dresses. I once wore white socks and campus police put me in solitary confinement for 3 weeks, my face was on the side of milk cartons.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
doink said:
formal attire only mate. Its annoying but i put on my tuxedo every day like the rest of them and the women have to wear cocktail dresses. I once wore white socks and campus police put me in solitary confinement for 3 weeks, my face was on the side of milk cartons.
holy shit...
yeah I heard no one cares about you in uni...

X

xeuyrawp

doink said:
Hahah. Google "sub fusc".

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
hey backcountrysnow. your learning quick. i lol for the first month or so when first years full dress up. ive been able to do that 2 times already.

but yeh just go to uni to study and have fun with new made friends.

GinoIs

HSC
Extra points if you can come in with a black eye or "Just-been-in-a-fight-cause-I'm-hardcore" look.

Peartie

HSC
SkyLo said:
people either dress like theyre a model
First Years

SkyLo said:
or like theyve just gotten out of bed. one extreme to the other
Sensible-ish People

Somewhere in the middle is right in my opinion...Something you find comfortable...if you're not fashionable people won't care

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
^^ agreed. After a month of uni, standard of dress decreases to 'i just don't give a shit' level. Yeah i know people who come to uni wearing pyjamas, they live on campus - so no big deal

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Dressing starts to degrade even further come exam time. People I know who generally look quite smart start to turn up in dirty track pants and tangled hair after whole nights of study.

duack

HSC
r ppl in uni as annoying as ppl in high school cos i pretty much hate half my grade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)