Capitalism or Communism? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boris

Banned
HSC
It simply explains that globalisation is the deregulation of domestic markets so you have an international market where you can exchange money, information, and technologyp. But nothing about choice.
Lets see, what do these bolded terms imply?

How did I not pick up on that earlier.

williamc

HSC
Smithereens said:
Again, did you check the reliability your "research" by collaborating with other sources?
To back up bassitx on this point, the theory of globalisation is hardly an advanced one. Any creditible textbook should be able to give a suffice definition of globalisation.

Although yer, an economics textbook would give a different definition.

bassistx

HSC
williamc said:
how the fuck would you know that?
Businesses who use one of the systems, just have the actual system's name. Some businesses will use both, depending on the situation. Businesses will have factories and offices - they will not use the same theory in all quarters of their business. This is why it can become "Contingency-Systems" or "Systems-Contingency". I shouldn't have to explain this to you.

boris said:
I read Doms post.
And then I read yours.

Don't think that because we point out one of your dumb posts we're not following the conversation. We are following, and thats why we're picking up on the dumb shit you say.
And yet I continually must explain. This is not the first time.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
oh i can see that, but you do the same thing to her so what's your problem...? it's a debate, lolz.
She is the one sending the invite. Does this make any sense to you?
I do not disect her posts unless she does mine.
Btw, as an HSC student, I highly doubt I will have the time to come back and explain everything in detail. So spare me.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i don't get why you feel like you have to be 'invited' to say something, is all. you can actually dissect someone's post even if they didn't direct any of it at you, you know.

or to put it another way: on the internet there are no rules.

boris

Banned
HSC
bassistx said:
And yet I continually must explain. This is not the first time.
Well yes, generally when something dumb is said and it's picked up on, the sayer of said dumb comment usually has to explain. That is the point.

I do not disect her posts unless she does mine.
Btw, as an HSC student, I highly doubt I will have the time to come back and explain everything in detail. So spare me.
BECAUSE IT'S A FREAKIN DEBATE AND THAT IS THE POINT OF A DEBATE. YOU SAY SOMETHING, I DISAGREE, I PULL IT INTO LITTLE PIECES. THIS IS THE POINT.
The point is not for us to throw useless banter into the ring and just smile and nod.

williamc

HSC
bassistx said:
Businesses who use one of the systems, just have the actual system's name. Some businesses will use both, depending on the situation. Businesses will have factories and offices - they will not use the same theory in all quarters of their business. This is why it can become "Contingency-Systems" or "Systems-Contingency". I shouldn't have to explain this to you.
What page is that on sorry?

bassistx

HSC
Smithereens said:
If so, where does it say this:
For the LAST TIME, I am trying to use only source for argument's sake only. Get that through your thick head already. Follow the discussion.

It is my opinion. Not out of a textbook. Call it NPO brainwash if you wish.

boris

Banned
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
It would piss me off if I starved to death while other people "earnt" shitloads of money.

Tell your hard working mother to go over to Ethopia and earn $75k a year. It wouldn't matter how hard she worked, she'd be lucky to eat.

Money you earn is not an absolute entitlement and is only faciliatied by external factors such as government expenditure, which is financed by taxation in the first place.
Fuck Ethiopia. I don't know why you people continually bring Ethiopia into the picture.
I don't give a shit about Ethiopia.

She doesn't live in Ethiopia, she doesn't work in Ethiopia, dumb scenario.

williamc

HSC
boris said:
Fuck Ethiopia. I don't know why you people continually bring Ethiopia into the picture.
I don't give a shit about Ethiopia.

She doesn't live in Ethiopia, she doesn't work in Ethiopia, dumb scenario.
Yep you are a republican.

Smithereens

HSC
bassistx said:
For the LAST TIME, I am trying to use only source for argument's sake only. Get that through your thick head already. Follow the discussion.

It is my opinion. Not out of a textbook. Call it NPO brainwash if you wish.
Globalisation... Just to be sure, I flicked through a BS textbook this morning. And nowhere was the word "choice" or anything equivalent mentioned. It simply explains that globalisation is the deregulation of domestic markets so you have an international market where you can exchange money, information, and technology. But nothing about choice.
Globalisation destroys choice and specialty
I get that, but your source has no relevance then whatsoever to the argument. If, according to your opinion, globalisation destroys choice, how does your source back up your opinion when it doesnt event mention the word "choice" at all, regardless of whether it offers it or destroys it.

boris

Banned
HSC
williamc said:
Yep you are a republican.
Well fuck.

'My parents earn X amount of $ and pay X amount of tax'

'YEAH WELL, IF THEY LIVED IN ETHIOPIA THEY'D BE LUCKY TO EAT!!'

williamc

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
The point is you might work hard, but if you live in a shithole like Ethiopia you wont make money.

She is only making x amount of money because she lives in Australia. Part of the reason she is able to earn that money is because of the infrastructure paid for by taxation, and she is only able to enjoy it because property rights are protected, again by taxation. Which is why your indignation at having to pay tax seems rather foolish.

I mostly brang up Ethiopia to highlight the typical misplaced sense of entitlement most Australians feel. We feel so hard done by when we can't have evertyhing we want and I think its pretty appaling given the conditions some people live. If your mum doesn't like our taxation system she can fuck off.

The point is not that IF you live in Ethiopia you'd be lucky to eat, the point is you ARE lucky to eat.
Who gives a fuck, its Ethiopia.

bassistx

HSC
williamc said:
What page is that on sorry?
Contents page 3,
1.2 Understanding business organisation ith reference to management theories
1.2.5 Systems/contingency

Business Studies HSC Study Guide
Five Senses Education 2001
Multiple authors

They are in one "category". But they are different. It is possible however to be using both. I'll come back to this.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i don't get why you feel like you have to be 'invited' to say something, is all. you can actually dissect someone's post even if they didn't direct any of it at you, you know.

or to put it another way: on the internet there are no rules.
Bouncing opinions is my intention. You are really wasting my time like this.

Smithereens said:
I get that, but your source has no relevance then whatsoever to the argument. If, according to your opinion, globalisation destroys choice, how does your source back up your opinion when it doesnt event mention the word "choice" at all, regardless of whether it offers it or destroys it.
My opinion is based on real life, not a textbook. A textbook does not tell of current events, does it? The Financial Review however is helpful (to form an opinion).

boris

Banned
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
The point is you might work hard, but if you live in a shithole like Ethiopia you wont make money.

She is only making x amount of money because she lives in Australia. Part of the reason she is able to earn that money is because of the infrastructure paid for by taxation, and she is only able to enjoy it because property rights are protected, again by taxation. Which is why your indignation at having to pay tax seems rather foolish.

I mostly brang up Ethiopia to highlight the typical misplaced sense of entitlement most Australians feel. We feel so hard done by when we can't have evertyhing we want and I think its pretty appaling given the conditions some people live. If your mum doesn't like our taxation system she can fuck off.

The point is not that IF you live in Ethiopia you'd be lucky to eat, the point is you ARE lucky to eat.
I didn't say anything about my mum disliking the taxation system you fucking twat, I said I find it discouraging to work for $X and have high tax.

This was all in response to that other fucking idiot who seems to think everybody in the world will still do the same jobs because they enjoy their jobs.

It's not foolish. She lives in Australia and reaps the benefits of not living in a shit country. I don't know why you bring Ethiopia into the picture and I don't know why you have such a problem with people in Australia enjoying the benefits of not having to drink their own piss and shit water.

We can enjoy such luxuries in this country because of our economic system, something bassistx seems not to understand. Because it's evil.

The other point I was making was in response to bassistx having a cry about people who earn a lot of money. My point was YES they earn a lot of money, but they also pay a shitload more tax than somebody who doesn't. Or somebody who is on the dole.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
zimmerman8k said:

Hear, hear!

williamc

HSC
bassistx said:
Contents page 3,
1.2 Understanding business organisation ith reference to management theories
1.2.5 Systems/contingency

Business Studies HSC Study Guide
Five Senses Education 2001
Multiple authors

They are in one "category". But they are different. It is possible however to be using both. I'll come back to this.
lol i love you.

If only you weren't a commie.
zimmerman8k said:
I wasn't doing the whole poor ethopians thing, I was making a point about our own attitudes and values.
Fair enough.

boris

Banned
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
I wasn't doing the whole poor ethopians thing, I was making a point about our own attitudes and values.
Yeah and I can't understand why you think it's so dirty to live in a country like Australia and expect the standard of living we've become accustomed to.

Yes we know Ethiopia is a shit hole, but thats their own fucking problem.
The world sucks, it'd suck to be Ethiopian, but so what. Sif spend my whole life wondering what if.

bassistx

HSC
boris said:
We can enjoy such luxuries in this country because of our economic system, something bassistx seems not to understand. Because it's evil.
I'm sorry, what were those luxuries you failed to mention?
They can get cars. They can get jets. They can get boats. It depends on their income.
Just because I live in Australia, it does not mean I have a luxurious lifestyle and just because somebody lives in Ethiopia it does not mean they have a shit life.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
zimmerman8k said:

Africa is fucked because successive centuries of governments have denied the population the chance to thrive. If you look at the US they started with absolutely nothing, but the founding fathers were relatively liberal minded people who believed in the entrepreneurial spirit, and, from that, wealth was created all by itself. The great depression was the first blot on its political history, and that was because of the centralised banking system. Had that not been enacted, the New Deal would never have been necessary.

Smithereens

HSC
bassistx said:
My opinion is based on real life, not a textbook. A textbook does not tell of current events, does it? The Financial Review however is helpful (to form an opinion).
Fair enough, just use a wide range of sources next time. A BS textbook won't help you in its whole in a commie v capital argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)