Capitalism or Communism? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
i don't see how people can establish that the faults of capitalism are less severe than that of communism when in fact there are no capitalist countries with which to compare. the USA, the furthest right, goes as far as the "mixed market" on the political spectrum, still a long way from pure capitalism

Atilla89

HSC
Havn't bothered to read through the entire debate on this one but here's my view.

Communism = Never going to happen, human nature gets in the way of the stage when the Government becomes totalitariast (abousolute power corrupts absolutely) which is necessary stage according to Marx. Communism has also been the result of millions perhaps billions of deaths (need I go through the amount of war famine of the U.S.S.R, Mao's Great Leap Forward, the poverty and lack of tech in N.K, terrible livining conditions in Cuba, etc...). Communism itself may have been worth pursuing during Marx's day (1800's) but it is a pointless system know. Another thing, democracy is not applicable with Communism.

One the other hand we have Capitalism where the MAJORITY of people live with some sort of wealth and where their countries are wealthy. For example Australia, America, England). Democarcy works with capitalism and encourages people to work hard to get the money.

Atilla89

HSC
100 years of failure proves nothing to the average Communist. Lol!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
onebytwo said:
i don't see how people can establish that the faults of capitalism are less severe than that of communism when in fact there are no capitalist countries with which to compare. the USA, the furthest right, goes as far as the "mixed market" on the political spectrum, still a long way from pure capitalism
Because we have, on the scale of economic freedom:

Mao, Stalin--------------------------Hitler----------------------------Howard
A lot of people dead Slightly less people dead Democide non-existent

Can anyone pick the trend?

Also if you think the US is the most economically free country you're obviously forgetting Hong Kong and Singapore.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Also if you think the US is the most economically free country you're obviously forgetting Hong Kong and Singapore.
And, technically, a whole bunch of backward african countries that are free merely because there's no government to regulate any business.

NamelessOne

HSC
N/A
Whilst I am not necessarily an advocate of communism, I believe Marxism in its purist form is far superior to the capitalist system. Along with Marxism I am also a supporter or social liberalism, social democracy and very importantly, green politics.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
Hey, just thought I'd put in my two cents worth. I believe communism has fantastic ideals of an egalitarian society and so on. However human nature does get in the way. Anthropologically speaking, human societies have always had a social heirarchy, and it is almost instinctive. Pure communism, which involves the handing over of power from a dictator who established it to the people, therefore, will never be acheived.

Atilla89

HSC
Born2baplacebo said:
I say Communism. As long as I get to be the dictator.
Lol, just another reason why Communism will always fail.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Actually if I got to be a dictator for the rest of my life I would somehow become asexual, fuck myself into I had enough asexual offspring to sieze control over America, then my offspring would be asexual and they would reproduce more asexual offspring. When finally, my asexual army takes over the world's economics, politics and cultural aspects and everyone has to hail to me.

It sounds good in writing but in actually doing it, you've basically setting yourself up to get ass whipped.

Because I know someday if I ever did fulfil my fucked fantasies, someone would be smart enough to figure out a way to overthrow me. I could look to leaders like Ho Chi Minh for an instance and how he ordered "Year Zero" for Vietnam, but I couldn't possibly have enough offspring to brain wash the world's population into fulfilling my sick dreams and I probably wouldn't have many survivors after I decide to seize biological warfare on everyone. And after I do that, not many people would be alive for me to reign over them as their supreme ruler.

Last edited:

Atilla89

HSC
"Because I know someday if I ever did fulfil my fucked fantasies, someone would be smart enough to figure out a way to overthrow me. I could look to leaders like Ho Chi Minh for an instance and how he ordered "Year Zero" for Vietnam"

Wrong person that was Pol Pot for Cambodia. Gotta love the Indochina course for modern history, lol.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Atilla89 said:
"Because I know someday if I ever did fulfil my fucked fantasies, someone would be smart enough to figure out a way to overthrow me. I could look to leaders like Ho Chi Minh for an instance and how he ordered "Year Zero" for Vietnam"

Wrong person that was Pol Pot for Cambodia. Gotta love the Indochina course for modern history, lol.
I was close.

See, Communisim doesn't work. Unless you're in North Korea and China, even they don't function properly as a country.
The both have nukes and they've both threatened to use them on various occasions but they haven't.

Comrade nathan

HSC
When has China or DPRK ever threaten to use nukes against another country? Not even the most right wing news has made that claim, this lie has independently developed out of first world paranoia. All this paranoia ignores historical fact, only once has one of this countries attacked another nation. That being China invading the north of Vietnam after Vietnam invaded China's ally Democratic Kampuchea.

ccc123

HSC
Oh dear god. I can't believe this is still being debated. The answer is simple: communism does not, and can not work in practice, because its ideals generally go against the grain of human nature. I, along with other people with common sense, have been arguing this view all along.

Cheap Thrills, i absolutely agree with everything you said, thats exactly what i've said all along. I mean, sure, theoretically, ideals like egalitarianism are great, but the fact is, as humans we have a propensity towards social stratification.

Ultimately, communism- an idealistic theory that strives for a utopia, can never be implemeted successfully.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Here's a solution to all debaters:

Take a modern history course and study the effects of of communism in China, Vietnam and Cambodia, and the Romanov dynasty. Take that knowledge and figure out that all of just sets you up to have your ass kicked, that being from your own people turning against you or from other more powerful countries.

Atilla89

HSC
Born2baplacebo said:
Here's a solution to all debaters:

Take a modern history course and study the effects of of communism in China, Vietnam and Cambodia, and the Romanov dynasty. Take that knowledge and figure out that all of just sets you up to have your ass kicked, that being from your own people turning against you or from other more powerful countries.
Communism just got ripped...again. As I have said before, 200 years of failure proves nothing to these people - when will they accept this?

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
The reason why the Romanov dynasty fell because they were communists and they refused a Russian Revolution.

So what if China's market is booming? It's because of a communist regime. And the only reason why Bush isn't doing anything is because him and the leader of China are bed buddies. Because if the Americans declared war on China, as they did with Vietnam, they would lose against a major competing country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)