Car of the 1337s (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
SlipStream said:
DaddyK, someone hands you $15k to spend on a car.

What do you spend it on?

I would get a 4000 custome respectable paint job from mad hatter....
get a 3000 dollar custom respectable interior in suade or cream leather probly cost more $$$ then 3gs....and get two nice bucket seats in their...
spend 6000 on the audio install have around 3 tv all respectable all boston audio
spend 2000 on some expensive respectable rims from japan no chrome....

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
7th Sign said:
I would get a 4000 custome respectable paint job from mad hatter....
get a 3000 dollar custom respectable interior in suade or cream leather probly cost more $$$ then 3gs....and get two nice bucket seats in their...
spend 6000 on the audio install have around 3 tv all respectable all boston audio
spend 2000 on some expensive respectable rims from japan no chrome....
What a massive waste of money. RICE RICE BABY

As for me.....XC/XB coupe, 454 big block, 6/71 blower, knee high, rollin on convo pro's with some streeter rims. 9 inch diff. B&M pro ratchet. Gloss black paint job, some trick interior with head unit, tweeters, 6 x 9's and two 10 inch subs. Burnouts any one?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
you should get a line locker :p

and how about a damned 460!

purity mate

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Is a Datsun 240Z (S30) worth $2500? I dunno what condition it's in. Is it a good car?

SlipStream

HSC
transcendent said:
Is a Datsun 240Z (S30) worth $2500? I dunno what condition it's in. Is it a good car?
Is it a good car? Mate the Datsun 240Z is a legendary car: a classic (as it were). It's in the bloodline as a Nissan Z-car, with the 300ZX and the 350Z! I don't know much about them, never driven one or been for a ride in one. But I think that $2500 is a little on the low side, so don't be expecting anything spectacular.

But then again it's not really my area of experise so don't hold me to my claims lol; maybe one of the other boys can lend you a hand.

SlipStream

HSC
transcendent, thanks for your warm reply. :)

It inspired me to go info hunting for you.

Datsun 240Z

From Redbook

1974 DATSUN 240Z

Coupe 2dr Man 5sp 2400

Trade in price guide* $800 - $1,600
National average price - private sale* $1,500 - $4,100
Price when new (RRP) $4,940
all prices quoted are GST inclusive

From Autospeed - The First Z

At a glance...

* One of the world's most important sports/GT cars
* Japanese built to suit the US market
* Independent suspension and rack and pinion steering
* True sports car performance with good comfort
* Affordable to the masses

The Datsun 240Z was one of the world’s most groundbreaking sports cars.

The 240Z wasn’t the fastest, the most sophisticated or the most innovatively styled vehicle of its type. But what it did achieve was a combination of sports car driving characteristics, interior comfort and a level of affordability that the US market had never before seen.

The Zed brought the thrill of sports car ownership to the masses.

In the wake of World War II, Nissan Motor Company Limited concentrated on building relatively pedestrian vehicles for its home market; its export program was sporadic. The company knew it could continue building basic, cheap transportation, but to become really successful it needed to turn its attention to America – the most lucrative automotive market on Earth.

Mr Yutaka Katayama was employed by Nissan Motor Company Limited in 1960 and was charged with marketing in North America. (Incidentally, until the early ‘80s, all exported Nissan-manufactured vehicles were labelled as Datsuns.) Convinced that the best way into the US market was to introduce a line of sports-oriented vehicles, Mr Katayama pushed along the development of the convertible Datsun Fairlady 1500. It is said that the Fairlady 1500 was merely a copy of contemporary British sportscar designs, but as its engine capacity grew to 1600 and 2000cc it began to raise some interest in the US.

From Drive

It's hard to imagine a motoring world without the high-tech sports cars from Japan. True, Japanese sporties don't have the cachet of Euro exotica with badges such as Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati, but they have changed the accessibility and affordability of high performance.

The car that proved the Japanese could deliver a proper sports car at a friendly price and make it work in any market came in the late 1960s: Datsun's 240Z.

Its derivative styling (long bonnet, short rear overhang) recalled the Jaguar E-Type, as did the in-line six-cylinder engine, but the Datsun was a proper sporty machine in its own right.

As well as providing flexible performance, the 240Z was also one of the first Japanese cars that could be said to handle even remotely properly.

The timing of the 240Z was right, too; it arrived just as the British sports-car industry was going down for the third time with antiquated designs such as the Austin Healey, MGB and E-Type, leaving the door open for a modern design with some dash and flair.

MEGA LINKS!

Wikipedia - Oldschool Zs

Private Reviews of the 240Z

People's 240Zs - Inspiration!

Some pics

Just in case you didn't know how to use Google... :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
thats interesting...

it'd be a good buy, a 240Z

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i like this design:

the guy's insane though. if i were to get a 240Z i'm probably going to spend 10 years learning about being a mechanic for recreational reading and the rest of my life trying to fix it up.

http://alteredz.com/

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
DaddyK said:
because a 501 is bigger than a 460...and i already said a 9 inch...sif it would be locked already.
460 is bigger than 454

and a LINE locker...not a detroit locker! you can lock JUST the front or back, so you can do burnouts properly :)

SlipStream

HSC
You wouldn't want a line locker that holds the rears...

Unless you're a poof in a Swift.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i thought a line locker was a vavle that adjusted the bias of braking power?

if so, that'd mean it'd be handy racing...so it's not just for poofs

oh course if im wrong, then yeh, no real need that i can think of

SlipStream

HSC
A line locker taps into your brake lines and it's as described, an electric solonoid, activated by a switch. It closes off the line to the brakes. So if you install it in the rear brake line when you activate the switch you can stand as hard as you like on the brake pedal and the rear brakes will not receive any fluid.

A line locker thus locks the front wheels during a burnout on drag cars, etc, so you can just sit there doing an impressive burnout.

I think what you're thinking of is a brake bias adjuster.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yeh, but can a brake bias adjuster completely send 100% to the front or rear (i.e. be a line locker...) ??

SlipStream

HSC
They use brake bias adjusters in racing cars to alter the characteristics of the car during braking. They come into play after the car has been in the pits and has a full tank of fuel and is back on the track, where the extra weight could lead to a front lock up - and then flatspotting tyres or going off the track. So when you have a full tank of fuel you'd preset more bias to the rear of the car because of the extra weight. You do the opposite when the tank is drying up, otherwise the extra brake bias could lock the rears during hard braking and you'll spin. Ask Skaifey, he'll tell you all about it...

However they aren't really that common in professional racing cars; the V8 Supercars have levers inside em that the drivers can adjust the stiffness of the front and rear sway bars during the race, for the exact same reasons as above.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
They use brake bias adjusters in racing cars to alter the characteristics of the car during braking. They come into play after the car has been in the pits and has a full tank of fuel and is back on the track, where the extra weight could lead to a front lock up - and then flatspotting tyres or going off the track. So when you have a full tank of fuel you'd preset more bias to the rear of the car because of the extra weight. You do the opposite when the tank is drying up, otherwise the extra brake bias could lock the rears during hard braking and you'll spin. Ask Skaifey, he'll tell you all about it...

However they aren't really that common in professional racing cars; the V8 Supercars have levers inside em that the drivers can adjust the stiffness of the front and rear sway bars during the race, for the exact same reasons as above.
hahaha...ask wayne gardener....down conrod, and spinning thru the chase at 280km/h

that was good..was a mixed up coke car

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)