Car of the 1337s (1 Viewer)

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
I would tell you but i havn't decided on one, i always thought i wanted an xb coupe, but the i like the XA, and then i like the XC, now i like all of them...but i'd also kill for a hq kingswood...and an xp/xm coupe.....and a plymouth roadrunner, a cuda....the list goes on and on...im yet to decide.

SlipStream

HSC
The Subi boxers are N/S mounted, and I don't know of the reason why Subaru use TMICs - I guess it's more efficient (on dad's WRX the throttle body and intercooler are essentially one unit, and there is about 30cm from the compressor to the IC), because with turbo-intercooled cars, bends in the intercooler piping and length detract from its efficiency. I guess why all the wogs have front mounts is because they can't fit the world's biggest intercooler under the bonnet (for obvious reasons), plus they look fulli sik up da frunt, moit. :p

Other reasons why Subaru would use a TMIC for the rex: by cutting out all the piping, save money - also save money by not having to do much engineering in terms of airflow (it's a small car so you can't just chuck the IC up the front like a Falcon); ummm TMICs are a bit of a Subaru trademark (brand DNA); plus they provide some visual differentiation between the normal rex and say, an RS.

So nah they don't have to be top mount, I just want one for the visual impact and because it's kinda Subaru's performance trademark. :cool:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
For the EPA tests I'd just bolt on the OEM WRX exhaust that would come with the half cut, then I'd put the aftermarket one back on the next day - after I had successfully passed their emissions and compliance examinations. :p
hahahaha...so sneaky

and dont they mount intAHcoolAHs on the front because of more airflow and less hot air. When they get serious, it also adds more room, i mean, allows for a bigger inTAHcoolAH

SlipStream

HSC
braad said:
hahahaha...so sneaky

and dont they mount intAHcoolAHs on the front because of more airflow and less hot air. When they get serious, it also adds more room, i mean, allows for a bigger inTAHcoolAH
Well even more sneaky, my uncles who own a parts business used to have a drag XF ute (road registered), and come rego time they'd swap the V8 with the stock I6 in order to register it. Mega sneaky! :p

Spot on with the intercoolers - like ya sed mait, anotha reason ya can stik tha innacoolas up tha frunt is yer, ya can like go heaps bigga mait. And wiv like a big silva innacoola mait that iz soooooo sik, evin sikker wiv like twin subs mait and a cannun!

Hehehehe

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hmm..my project

got one atm, easy, straight forward, 1430cc into '63 850 mini

bored and stroked, lightened crank, crossflow head, etc etc, 9500rpm 'ceiling'

4 pot brakes on front, 10x7 fronts (expensive though :( ) hopefully beam axle eventually (rear end). full cage to tie it together

next one - if still into minis - clubman with beam axle, 14s (look big on mini...have to cut away guards) grp 5 or sportspack arches, VTec 1.6/1.8, six speed, etc (all the honda driveline basically), bigger brakes (compared), hopefully another set of 4 pots.

this becomes daily driver :)

SlipStream

HSC
braad said:
hmm..my project

got one atm, easy, straight forward, 1430cc into '63 850 mini

bored and stroked, lightened crank, crossflow head, etc etc, 9500rpm 'ceiling'

4 pot brakes on front, 10x7 fronts (expensive though :( ) hopefully beam axle eventually (rear end). full cage to tie it together

next one - if still into minis - clubman with beam axle, 14s (look big on mini...have to cut away guards) grp 5 or sportspack arches, VTec 1.6/1.8, six speed, etc (all the honda driveline basically), bigger brakes (compared), hopefully another set of 4 pots.

this becomes daily driver :)
Mini ay? Tasteful.

nick1048 said:
WRX (not the new ugly light ones, the old chunky ones!!!)
WRX ay? Typical.

braad, a 9500rpm redline?! Fark!!! Lightened crank indeed, better add lightweight pistons and conrods while you're at it, and variable valve timing as well as a lightweight flywheel. Could get expensive... but hey who am I to say that. :p Will four pot calipers fit under 10s? And did you say seven inch wide tyres... on a Mini?!? Mate you are very keen. Beam rear axle... like a solid rear beam? Why? I understand the purpose of a solid rear axle if it were rear wheel drive (for better drag performance), but why for a FWD?

I definately like the sound of your second project. It'd be pretty snug under the bonnet with a 1.8.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
braad, a 9500rpm redline?! Fark!!! Lightened crank indeed, better add lightweight pistons and conrods while you're at it, and variable valve timing as well as a lightweight flywheel. Could get expensive... but hey who am I to say that. :p Will four pot calipers fit under 10s? And did you say seven inch wide tyres... on a Mini?!? Mate you are very keen. Beam rear axle... like a solid rear beam? Why? I understand the purpose of a solid rear axle if it were rear wheel drive (for better drag performance), but why for a FWD?

I definately like the sound of your second project. It'd be pretty snug under the bonnet with a 1.8.
yes, 9500 redline, serious, the engine is a race one :p so im cheating :uhhuh:...and yes, we've got it all rods, pistons, special rings, and no...none of that fancy VCT crap, good ol pushrods and a cam hidden behind the block :p this is an A seies motor mate, like, originally designed in the 1940s or something. It's not expensive, we have a mate (long time family friend) who used to race them and WANTS to help us as much as possible.

4 pots do fit, but they're specially made, more than likely being imported from england. yes, 7 inches wide, they're almost as wide as they are tall...believe it, they're available.

beam rear axle is just trick, lessens weight in the back of the mini (no heavy steel subframe)

yes....1.8 will fit, it has been done before, but thats why i said a clubman mini, not the typical 'roundnose' models ('61- around '70), has a larger angine bay (even though, it's still somewhat small :p). the gearbox is suposedly on the right side of the motor, so that it doesnt interfere with master cylinder etc etc...the new ones though (im not sure if we get them) have the gearbox on the other side, they're a better motor but also harder to fit

SlipStream

HSC
Don't be soft braad, rear mounted MIVEC V6 transaxle - rear wheel drive.

Come on... :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
lol, guys guys calm down

thats not the way they go, they stuff in a bike motor, like a hayabusa. in the rear, like said, and etc etc...rear wheel drive, jack all weight, short wheelbase

then the crazy people out of us smack on a turbo :)

SlipStream

HSC
It'd be a nice car if you were a nice person.

But that is not the case you fat nerd beast, so thus go fuck a whale, if it is wasted enough to let you!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
atm, i wanna get a 180sx, yes, i'd fit right in....but i hate paying for fuel, dont like huge cars, and mates have silvias and stuff...and they're simple machinery

SlipStream

HSC
Start savin. ;)

That's my current philosophy, if I want a better car anytime in the near future. :(

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yeh, same...tis a pity we have so much enthusiasm and no money :(

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
180s are nice, i like the lines I think it's quite sleek. Sileighty is better if you can find it (which chances are you just can't).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)