• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Car-Theft Ring Targeting Macquarie. (1 Viewer)

Ktulu-Spiral

HSC
N/A
Just a warning...

There seems to be a car-theft ring targeting cars at Macquarie.

Last Friday an RX-7 was stolen from the C2 carpark, on level 2, during exam times. The same people also attempted to steal my car, a Calais Turbo. Police have been informed.

Only about a month ago, a Toyota Starlet GTiR was also stolen. And I've also indirectly heard that a S13 Nissan Silvia was also taken recently.

So be careful, especially if you own any type of performace car. They seem to be targeting only performance vehicles, obviously so they can strip them for parts.

And if you see anyone acting suspiciously around the cars, kick out their fucking teeth and contact the police immediately.

Cheers,
Luke.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
omg the same fucking people probably broke into my car and stole my stereo last year!!! :mad::mad:

Another warning guys... make sure you take the off the face, of your stereo before leaving to goto uni..

those stupid fuckers broke my lock (drivers side door with a screwdriver) and now I can't unlock the driver's side door anymore from the outside. And I'm too poor to get it fixed... so now I'm stuck with having to get into my car using the passenger side door

they suck so hard! They are smart though ... the cars left at uni are left by their owners for 2-6 hours at a time, giving stupid the bastards plenty of time.

Glad my car isn't a performance car ... but this post is still making me edgy.... I sooo can't afford to get my car stolen!

CrashOveride

HSC
with all that security on site, why dont they put some guards patrolling the parking

philly17

maybe its an inside job with the security... I have trusted the look of those guys lol

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
This is surprising to hear so many reports. Someone tried to steal my car about 6 months ago (i was away from 9am-9pm, so i have no idea what time) but my car was actually near the security office aswell. i still cant use any of my locks and i still have to rely on my battery thing to open the doors. most annoying thing is it happened only a few months after i bought it.

Its surprising that there are so many reports given that security should be there most of the time. when i reported it, it was like it was the first break in that was ever reported..

It would be very interesting if they were ever caught, i still have the dents in my car and those bastards can pay for the repair.

Its scary to know that they may actually have an idea of how long the person is away for so they can steal the car.. eek.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
This is surprising to hear so many reports. Someone tried to steal my car about 6 months ago (i was away from 9am-9pm, so i have no idea what time) but my car was actually near the security office aswell. i still cant use any of my locks and i still have to rely on my battery thing to open the doors. most annoying thing is it happened only a few months after i bought it.

Its surprising that there are so many reports given that security should be there most of the time. when i reported it, it was like it was the first break in that was ever reported..

It would be very interesting if they were ever caught, i still have the dents in my car and those bastards can pay for the repair.

Its scary to know that they may actually have an idea of how long the person is away for so they can steal the car.. eek.
when i reported it... the security guy told me at macq centre there's a car break in every 2 hours

bong

HSC
the security guys were probably too busy handing out parking fines to do some real work...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
bong said:
the security guys were probably too busy handing out parking fines to do some real work...
stupid secruity! they're so crap!

i've gotten 2 so far! one deserved and one not (i appealed it so i didn't have to pay in the end) but thats all they seem to do!

We should write to macquarie! they should be patrolling the area... not just being passive idiots giving out parking fines..

stupid wankas

arrggghhh i have to apologise for my swearing, i just swear a lot when it comes to crap like this! stuff that shouldn't and wouldn't happen if those stupid fukcers did their job properly!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha yeah my passenger side door was fuxx0red by someone as well.

Why the fuck would you want to break into a 92 Auto Camry Wagon thats on its last legs rofl, with everything stock rofl.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
shit there's so many breakins! I'm not even going to bother getting my car door fixed now... it'll probably just happen again.

My car is a 92 hatchback civic! As if you'de want to steal it.. jeez

Noone leave their lap top in their car... those idiots will mostly like break in ur car n take it... im soo glad that i took my lap top with me insted of leaving it in my car that day my car got broken into! I was going to leave it... i feel sick thinking about it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha yeah, thats why you stalking lot always saw me with my guitar, i dont trust it in the car

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Geez, I wish someone would steal my car. Its insured for double what I paid for it!

...Somehow though, I doubt anyone would want to steal a 85 bright yellow Corolla for its parts :(

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Geez, I wish someone would steal my car. Its insured for double what I paid for it!

...Somehow though, I doubt anyone would want to steal a 85 bright yellow Corolla for its parts :(
you have hit 1000 posts MJ!!!!!!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:

licence plate please, ill make sure it finds a good home down near Jimmy Loose-Tongue

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:

lmao mj

hahaha i dont know if its inappropriate or rude to laugh here or not... lol mj u make ur car sound so bad lol

oooh congrats on hitting 1000 posts! you shoulda made ur own thread.. n dedicated it to urself

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Geez, I wish someone would steal my car. Its insured for double what I paid for it! (
85 bright yellow Corolla

Give me a 25% cut and I'll offer to do it. When is your next exam?

:cool:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
licence plate please, ill make sure it finds a good home down near Jimmy Loose-Tongue
As if a bright yellow car doesnt already stand out enough :p

iwannarock

HSC
woah i never knew about this. sounds like it happens quite regularly. how exciting.

where do you guys park? the leveled parking?

do they get people in the outside parking near x5b?

hmmmmmm maybe i should drive my 1981 renault to uni. i dont even lock that car. it can become their problem.

^___^
HSC
hmm

never experienced my car being touched

but i left my car unlocked for a full day

ie from 7.30am till 10pm..haha nothing happened

car: brand new echo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)