Career oppurtunities for bachelor of science? (1 Viewer)

maths94

HSC
i have had mixed feedback on the career opportunities for bachelor science...some say its shit some say its good... so need your feedback people :) thanks in advance

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What major within the BSc?

Your question is very vague.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
For Physics, some examples include Meteorology (i.e. BOM), Nuclear Scientist (think ANSTO), Astronomer etc... If you look beyond the careers that strictly use physics knowledge and look at the skills that people with a physics major possess and applying them (e.g. analytical skills) then career prospects are much broader e.g. includes banking and trading

Nadiaa

HSC
im in the same boat and im so confuseed!!!!!!
im doing b science at UNSW majoring in pharmacology- what are the chances of me getting it?:S

maths 94: some people say that b science degree is as worthless as b arts.. so i dunno :S

Ryan_T90

HSC
Unless you plan on going on to do a Masters, then not many career opportunities. The career opportunities with a BSc are generally research based.

Last edited:

nutting

HSC
Bachelor of Science in what ?
Physics ? Chemistry ? or Bio ? Or Environmental science ?
Careers in science

Can go into :
Teaching / Education
Researcher - will ned Masters and PHD
Chemistry - Be an industrial Chemist
Environmental Science - GREAT job opportunities in the future
Agriculture ?

Safety Science & OHS - some jobs here due to legislation requiremnt large companies to have a OHS officer etc

Nutritional science - some jobs here too, as a professional Nutritionist at hospitals, Social services etc etc

Last edited:

kevin321

HSC
last night i met a b sci usyd grad offering to give handys outside surrys hill pub

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)