Career prospects Law/Commerce degree? (1 Viewer)

jon1995

HSC
N/A
I currently first year law and commerce student and I definitely know I do not want to practice law and I was curious what are the different careers that I can do with this double degree? I am thinking of majoring in Marketing for Commerce. I also have a interest in fashion, media and entertainment and was wondering what the different careers in those areas that this degree would open up for me.

hayleyemma96

HSC
I was in the same boat as you (I'm currently doing just commerce as I dropped law). For me, the law degree was more tailored towards those who want to practice law rather than those who wanted an understanding of the law. I've found that the commerce degree allows me to study law from a business perspective.
I'm majoring in accounting and sub-majoring in commercial law

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
For me, the law degree was more tailored towards those who want to practice law rather than those who wanted an understanding of the law.
THIS!!!

You're prospects are purely dependant on how you stand out from the 200 other people who applied for the position... the same goes with any other profession... You can get pretty rad jobs with a law degree, without having to practice...

ameher

HSC
Plenty of options, such as advisory, journalism, etc the double opens up a lot of doors definitely.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Look, if you like media and entertainment (who doesn't though) you could end up working in either an in-house accounting/financial/legal role or as an IP lawyer. While it's nice to have a goal and interests. That's not how law works. You land wherever you land, and then work on whatever you get. Only the best have the privilege to be to be picky. If you aren't driven enough to be gunning for administrative positions at law firms by this summer you're wasting your time with a law degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)