Careers in Chem/ Bio (1 Viewer)

awaitingtrain

HSC
I really like my subject choices at the moment and my two sciences chemistry and biology are really fascinating and I have been considering going into an ocupation that I like and which uses both subjects. I know the obvious answer: medicine... well it is for me anyway. But the only problem is I have absolutely no interest in the way the human body works or its treatments and I really don't want to be a Vet either. So does anyone have any suggestions? I like the environmental aspect of biology. :)

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
what about a biochemist, or something to do with forensics?

muzeikchun852

HSC
a mix of two is hard to think of. but there is a lot of career for chemistry or bio: chemical enginneer, biologist, chemist etc.

dan2452

HSC
You've got extension maths as well, so maybe

Biochemical Engineering

If such a degree exists

awaitingtrain

HSC
Biochemical Engineering does exist apparently :) It's mostly bioreactors and food processes. Not exactly as spectacular as I imagined it when I saw the words "Biochemical Engineer". I was thinking it'd be more like Doctor Frankensteins Monster and mad genius creating genetic monstosities. Shame I couldn't do that. (No snide remarks about genetic engineering either, hahaha).

I don't know about forensics..... I could analyse the crime scene once they'd taken away the dead people, I like the processes involved. But seeing dead people would be very stressing for me.

Thanks for the ideas though :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)