IT IS
called the australian insitute of workplace learning
and the course there are
Advance diploma in fashion design 2 years full time and it cost 14 500 per year
and the course in fashion styling which goes for 10 weeks and cost 1200

it is located at 1 rowely street burwood
ph 8746 64 00 and website
www.aiwl.com.au
just a pointer...i went to an open day there at the beginning of the year...and it was terrible and so unprofessional. they had this drawing workshop...and they were using watercolours from the reject shop. so basically that place is a waste of time and money and i doubt you will develop any sort of skill there.

alyse said:
only 45 people get chosen for the course,
thas not true...they have places for up to 120 people. i asked at the open day.

For anyone who wants to get into the ultimo tafe Fashion Design Course, more than anything in the world...you can do the certificate 4 Design course. its for only one year and if you do the course you have a 98% chance of getting into the fashion design course, if you are capable. also there is the less popular and less known St George Fashion Design course...which is exactly the same course as the ultimo course. GOOD LUCK FOR NEXT YEAR EVERYONE!

fashion1980

HSC
anyone know how much the fees are at FBI fashion College ? I just want to do a fashion /business short course and open a shop!

HSC
i wanna do design, but i definately wont get the mark
but will extiles bring the UAI down though?
cuaz how am i suuposed to get 90 when textles brings the UAI down

unsocialbfly

HSC
Im really torn between Ultimo and St George.

- I already go to St George for tvet and have gotten to know some teachers are really like the one I have now
- Its close to where I live but since it hasnt been around as long as the Ultimo course (though exactly the same thing) it's less prestigious in the industry
- In general there is less "prestige" graduating from St George even though its just a perception
- The head teacher of Ultimo is said to be erratic and that filters down through the teachers and means things are apparently not as structured at Ultimo
- I've met the head teacher of St George and she seems lovely, I havent heard bad things about her
- Im afraid I wont be able to compete with the kind of people accepted into Ultimo
- Apparently the exhibition nights for both colleges are on the same night and anyone that matters goes to Ultimo....

...help....

The private colleges are out of the question since its just a farce to get your money. Don't qualify for a uai and I dont think the uni course is worth it for what I want, the uni course is too theoretical and academic.

Contrary to popular belief, Akira went to East Sydney, both Whitehouse and KvB claim he went to their colleges. Bizarre.

If you had to go to a private College, Whitehouse would be one of your better options. After that -

Ultimo-St George
UTS
Melbourne
Whitehouse
KvB
Fbi

avoid all else

electropop

HSC
sorry if this is a stupid question.. i only realised i would be interested in doing a fashion course.
how essential is it to study visual arts/design and technology/textiles and design to get into fashion design courses?

HSC
chantelle 993 said:
i got accepted into whitehouse college where i will be doing a 4 year course in diploma of fashion and textiles aswell as B education in TD in conjunction with Southern Cross University
im curious how do you apply for the whitehouse? and did u get a format for ur portfolio?

Fault said:
Akira Isogawa did design in KvB.

I once wanted to do fashion design but I realised that it could only ever be a dream @_@. It's too competitive since there are such limited spots.

Recently, the Whitehouse college came to our school to teach us fashion drawing and one student was lucky enough to get a one week workshop scholarship valued at $500 approx. Too bad it wasn't me :( But then again, I don't really need it since I can do graphic design XD!!! But I got a highly commeneded award! (runner up) hehehehhe.

Yeah, we must keep this section alive. It's very much dead -_-.
:D same that was me too :)

i had the best time at that course...

Sophirr

HSC
i have wanted to have a career in fashion since i was litttle, but now every one is saying its so cut throught and hard and blah, that im starting to drift away from it even though its been a dream forever... i dno , how bad is it reallly? i want to be an art director in a fashion mag now... =]

samson smith

HSC
hey, how many of u r thinkin of goin on n studyin fashion and textiles design at uni/tafe/college?
p.s. we'v gotta get mo ppl on this forum!

The career in fashion designing is one of the best courses in today's world. It is one of the most rewarding careers as designs by well known designers. College or universities of art and design have one of the most redeeming sections in the education society, where an entrance is tough mode of study. The topmost fashion designer there must be hard work and efforts in your mind because creation does not happen easily. You want a degree in fashion or textile designing? My answer is, you can avail Fashion College Online which give you a certificate as well as add accreditation to your degrees.:cool:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)