Votes: 18 12.2%
  • What's an AXA?

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by Patricio
a Platinum Ghia (that's it's name - a joint venture between Ford and Mazda).. similar to an Aus laser, but like how Nissan had its Sileighty, in that it came stock with the front and back from different model laser/323s, but looks really good together - imo best of both worlds! and with a better engine + gearbox + paint (only available in metallic silver) than a normal laser..

hehe.. how short are you - It's not that big!!! (You make it sound like those muscle cars with half the engine/intake coming out of the bonnet.. I don't think it's that bad unless you wanna stare at the 1-2 metres in front of the car on the street.. When I drive, I look more ahead of me :p

Skills? Just dump it at rev cut (not redline!) for a day..and flat shift at EVERY gearchange.

Any pics of your car?

I'm not short! It's just that sitting in the passenger seat it really infuriates me. I don't think I'd be quite as annoyed if I was driving.. but then my mate won't let me in the driver's seat :p

yeah, those skills. ;)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
This thread has been excessively overtechnicalised for me to have any hope of continuing in it. :(
aww, hang around! :) its fun.

VX1-08U

a Platinum Ghia (that's it's name - a joint venture between Ford and Mazda).. similar to an Aus laser, but like how Nissan had its Sileighty, in that it came stock with the front and back from different model laser/323s, but looks really good together - imo best of both worlds! and with a better engine + gearbox + paint (only available in metallic silver) than a normal laser..
Pretty close. Can't really say I seen one around,probably considered as rare ... as Anti said, any pics ... ?

I like the 323 Astina SP (early 90's), puts out around 96kw I believe.

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by anti
Any pics of your car?
Yeh, I'll post them once I photochop the plates out of it.

Originally posted by anti
I'm not short! It's just that sitting in the passenger seat it really infuriates me. I don't think I'd be quite as annoyed if I was driving.. but then my mate won't let me in the driver's seat :p
Haha why not? At least around backstreets.. but then again, have you ever driven a fully sik turbz car before?

Originally posted by VX1-08U
Pretty close. Can't really say I seen one around,probably considered as rare ... as Anti said, any pics ... ?

I like the 323 Astina SP (early 90's), puts out around 96kw I believe.
Yeh, not bad for a 1.8L n/a from 1990 (same engine used until 95). I have a feeling my pics are at night tho..

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC

Haha why not? At least around backstreets.. but then again, have you ever driven a fully sik turbz car before?

Haven't driven manual in over 6mths. Probably a bit rusty! And he's never seen me drive.

I've driven a 33 GTST :D through the city! that was funny. :)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
manual male camry 89 with 350 000 kms... what a bomb...
whos got more kms than that?

VX1-08U

Originally posted by RUB!X
manual male camry 89 with 350 000 kms... what a bomb... whos got more kms than that?
That's pretty good for a camry ... good ol toyota reliability. I had a 1987 toyota corona before, and the thing only got up 140,000kms before it blew a cylinder :(

Kirsti

HSC
female auto

i can drive manual! i swear i can. i just dont own one!!

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Haha - people like that, when they hop into a manual they stall it like, 3 times before they get it going. Trust me.

VX1-08U

I stalled it once in my friend's old landcruiser - manual of course (don't think the real old ones come in auto anyway). Reason - forgot to take the handbrake off ... but it's like riding a bike, once you learn, you don't forget.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Yeah i'll agree there. Just takes a few goes to get it going.

mike524

does any one know what the gear box on a 1986 mazda 323 is like 2nd is realy tight you have to push it right over to get it in

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by mike524
does any one know what the gear box on a 1986 mazda 323 is like 2nd is realy tight you have to push it right over to get it in
Which model 323 do you have? The 1.6L SOHC efi, or the carby?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)