• I don't drive

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • What's an AXA?

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Fuel consumption isn't the problem... rebuilding engines is. ;)

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by VX1-08U
I not a fan of rotaries .... when pushed hard, rotaries use more fuel than a V8.
The noise they make with a decent exhaust isn't that appealing either :( BRAP-BRAP-BRAP BRAAAAAAAAAAP

Originally posted by anti
Fuel consumption isn't the problem... rebuilding engines is. ;)
The old unreliability problem? It's a myth perpetuated by those who don't understand rotaries. Don't port it, and don't thrash it all the time, and they won't need a rebuild for a long time, like all motors.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I love the sound of rotaries. It's so distinct. So in your face. :)

Yeah, of course if you're not going to do anything to a rotor you're not going to have problems with it. Any car is reliable if it's not driven too hard, serviced regularly etc. Rotaries are just more known for being broken than not :)

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by [FTHRW8]
Not just that champ.

Any ported rotary will guzzle fuel.

As for break downs, they do get down a bit more often, but its the lack of parts that makes it hard for old school rotors like 808's and rx3's
Yeh in a normal car there's around 40 moving parts in the engine, while in the rotary there's only 3.

But unfortunately in Aus, there wouldn't be that many mechanics who would know a lot about them..

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
im female and i drive auto
the only reason is that the car i share with my mum is an auto.. so i dont really need to know manual as there are no manual cars around for me to drive
i can go for my ps in 3 months.. ive done 52 hours on my ls and its killing me having my mum in the front yelling 'SLOW DOWN'
i love the car i drive though.. when im at the front of lights u notice like a car instead of going behind me (the l plater) it goes into the next lane behind another car.. then i like speed up in front and then they have to come back into my lane.. nerrr

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Manuals are so much fun! Auto drivers miss out, you can't really say you enjoy "driving" if you're in an auto... you might enjoy a bit of a trip in a car, but you aren't driving.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Josie
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Manuals are so much fun! Auto drivers miss out, you can't really say you enjoy "driving" if you're in an auto... you might enjoy a bit of a trip in a car, but you aren't driving.
lol, well sorry if we can't do more than 3 things at once, i don't know how you manual drivers do it

i am very surprised at the results actually

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
i'm a female manual...and i drive a corolla...lol...its a granny car!

Kuya

me i drive automatic. male.

because thats the only car we have so thats what i learn. i am still L's.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I stalled it once in my friend's old landcruiser - manual of course (don't think the real old ones come in auto anyway). Reason - forgot to take the handbrake off ... but it's like riding a bike, once you learn, you don't forget.
How old are we talking?

We've a 1971 model. When I start that thing up on a cold morning I have to rev the crap our of it to keep it from stopping. And it don't have a working handbrake.
As you can imagine, I drive manuals, and I like it. Automatics are no fun for me, and I reckon the biggest cause of accidents is boredom from not having to do something, like in an auto or on a smooth highway.
By the way I've been driving since I was twelve or thirteen, privelege of living in the country.

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Enlightened_One
How old are we talking?

We've a 1971 model. When I start that thing up on a cold morning I have to rev the crap our of it to keep it from stopping. And it don't have a working handbrake.
As you can imagine, I drive manuals, and I like it. Automatics are no fun for me, and I reckon the biggest cause of accidents is boredom from not having to do something, like in an auto or on a smooth highway.
By the way I've been driving since I was twelve or thirteen, privelege of living in the country.
you don't have anything to to with a manual on a smooth highway either...

unless you want to coast down hills on neutral.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
How about going down a gear to overtake?
there aren't usually that many cars to over take on the open road.

and on 5th gear at 110, there isn't really much point in going down to 4th to overtake.

at least there isn't on my camry :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)