Cars!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

lengstar

HSC
actually i find parts of the highway where i get to hit 140 in normal traffic conditions. i deplore slow drivers.

btw just because you have the faster car doesn't mean you the better driver. try weaving through traffic at 70 average, its great fun.

Nguyen

Originally posted by lengstar
actually i find parts of the highway where i get to hit 140 in normal traffic conditions. i deplore slow drivers.

btw just because you have the faster car doesn't mean you the better driver. try weaving through traffic at 70 average, its great fun.
I find it going to an industrial area on a rainy day, turning off the traction control and then giving it full opposite lock is more fun than weaving through traffic at 70km/h :p

lengstar

HSC
traction control is how the car holds onto the road right? is there a button you can press to turn it off?

Nguyen

Originally posted by lengstar
traction control is how the car holds onto the road right? is there a button you can press to turn it off?
Traction Control in other words, when your car accelerates from a dead stop, or speeds up while passing another vehicle, traction control works to ensure maximum contact between the road surface and your tyres, even under less than ideal road conditions.

On the BMW it has ASC+T (Automatic Stability Control + Traction), one press of a button and it turns it off so I can get the wheels spinning in wet so I can get some sideways action here and there ;)

Mind you the 19" wheels with 225/40 fronts and 255/35 rears I find it hard to lose traction even without ASC+T on. Could be its' lack of power and one heavy mofo of a car tipping the scales near 1500kg

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
traction control doesn't exactly work like that...
read up on it from plenty of sites online...eg how things work

weaving through traffic at 70km/hr is not fun, it's stupid and speeding in "normal traffic conditions" is also stupid

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by redslert
weaving through traffic at 70km/hr is not fun, it's stupid and speeding in "normal traffic conditions" is also stupid
:uhhuh: even if your'e a good driver (or think you are)... there is always someone on the road who isn't as experienced or isn't alert.. this is how accidents happen :rolleyes:

Nguyen

Originally posted by redslert
traction control doesn't exactly work like that...
read up on it from plenty of sites online...eg how things work

Really? I never really explained how traction control works but the general idea of it's intentional use.

From all the reading I've done, the ultimate aim of Traction Control is to provide maximum traction from the wheels to the road, am I not right?

How it works is another matter.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Originally posted by Nguyen
Really? I never really explained how traction control works but the general idea of it's intentional use.

From all the reading I've done, the ultimate aim of Traction Control is to provide maximum traction from the wheels to the road, am I not right?

How it works is another matter.
there are many different types of traction controls and there are a number of ways the system works

yes obviously the name explains what it does, traction control, keeps the traction of the car on the road

one of the main method most cars do this is via the abs sensors in the wheels which picks up when the car has loss traction and it will instantly take away the power from the engine...there's other things such as apply brake etc but it's all different depending what car, what system and what conditions

not all traction controls are configured correctly and work the same for every conditions

if you talk to some of the people with xr6turbos who run them on tracks they will all tell you that the traction control on the car basically sucks because it takes away too much power too early...but no one would actually use TC on a track anyway..

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Originally posted by Dash
I'll run all u guys ova with my 4WD Prado :p
haha whenever i see a Prado i think, hmmmm soccer mum, so yes i do get scared
hehe

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by VX1-08U
4WD should be ban on city roads full stop ...
I tend to think that sometimes as well....4WDs annoy the shit out of me sometimes, they're so big that they block your view half the time, esp. in shopping centres, where they are awkward to manouvre around...and I just don't see the point of having a 4WD if you're going to drive it on urban roads 99% of the time...it's a waste of petrol and expenses, and worse for air pollution than a normal car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)