Catholic School Trials (1 Viewer)

amyg238

HSC
Yeah, I've got Chemistry this friday. So nervous.

As soon as I press 'Submit reply' I'm gonna close the window and study my ass off.

zaqwerty

HSC
wrxsti said:
mmhmm chemistry :)
i have both as well and im full stressing.... i calm myself down by thinking about this girl in my class who has to do 3 exams on that friday... how slack... lol
Visual Arts, Extension english and Chemistry
Bludge weekend for her.

shut up

ruler of all
somewhere inside a rainbow wondering what im doing
HSC
wrxsti said:
mmhmm chemistry :)
i have both as well and im full stressing.... i calm myself down by thinking about this girl in my class who has to do 3 exams on that friday... how slack... lol
Visual Arts, Extension english and Chemistry
i luv luv my school
when they realised that if we had chem, art, and ext on the same day we'd finish @ 4 and die, they bought the independant trial and moved chem to tuesday

good luck to u other poppets - cram cram cram!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Russdog said:
Really? As in counted towards what, UAI?
Yeah, for the internal assessment I mean. The way it worked for us was for each module we did an assessment worth 15% (speech, in class writing, interview), then a big folio for journeys worth 25% which went for a whole term. According to the BoS requirements, each module has to make up 20% of the internal assessment and Area of Study makes up 40%. For our half yearly we did the modules paper, but only module A and B counted. So there's the 20% each for them. Our AOS paper we did on Monday was worth 15%, so there's the 40% for AOS, and then today only Module C counted, making up the final 5% of interal and the 20% required for module C.

Hope that made sense.

thecriclover99

HSC
Anyone know where you can find past CSSA questions to practice on?
All I can seem to find the past papers for is Maths :(
If anyone could help me get my hands on some physics ones, I'd really appreciate...

nod089

HSC
ryn101 said:
Viewpoints:

-Journeys allow the overcoming of obstacles
-Allow exploration
-allow discovery
-involve hardships

That in any way alright?
Yeh.. that's pretty much on track..

i focused on journey as:

* Promoting and instilling change
* Partaking in an imaginative journey can have a physical impact on the journeyer at the completion of the journey
* Different people have different perceptions of journey (ie-Wind in the Willows)
* Embarking on one form of journey can lead to another.. eg- In going on an imaginative journey (a dream) a young girl goes on a physical journey within the dream in order to explore the presents she would be receiving (The Nutcracker Suite):)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Same here. My school decided to make paper 2 not count at all. They're using the excuse that we haven't covered module C yet, but really, it's just cos everyone screwed up so bad in the half yearly's that they're trying to make our marks look ok to BOS once they send it in.

We generally get more assess' tho. I must've had 10 assess' for Eng this year x.x; Still, I'm glad that they didn't make paper 2 count, otherwise everyone in my year can just start leaving school already cos all UAI's will be crap <.<;

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: Catholic School Trials

i m just wondering y it's no exam for japanese?

Last edited:

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Beginners tomo and continuers on the 16th. I spose the background speakers and extention courses are not a part of the CSSA :S

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: Catholic School Trials

Beginners's on 16th?how come mine is on this friday????

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
I spose it could vary slightly, not sure on it tho :S But for my school, it's on a fri. I guess you can always check your school website for the exam timetable o.o

filoMicati

HSC
Our trials began on Monday the 6th of August... English Paper 1. Then it finishes next next week on Tuesday, 21st August.
Is it true that the Catholic Trials are supposedly harder than the Independent Trials, and that the Trials altogether are harder than the HSC exam? Cos I thot that the English Paper 2 was pretty easy for a Catholic Trials Paper...There must be more to it, right??

pulsado

HSC
filoMicati said:
Our trials began on Monday the 6th of August... English Paper 1. Then it finishes next next week on Tuesday, 21st August.
Is it true that the Catholic Trials are supposedly harder than the Independent Trials, and that the Trials altogether are harder than the HSC exam? Cos I thot that the English Paper 2 was pretty easy for a Catholic Trials Paper...There must be more to it, right??

Looking at the difference between the catholic and independent 2 unit maths trials over the past few years
Independent looks much easier.........even the question 9 and 10's

aricho

HSC
N/A
i duno about the other trials but i def think maths trials are heaps harder

Jerruy

HSC
Geeze PDHPE was easy today. I am so conifent its not funny

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
aricho said:
i duno about the other trials but i def think maths trials are heaps harder
I dunno, but I've never had too much trouble with the CSSA maths exams, they seem relatively easy compared to some of the other papers I've done. But then, most of those harder ones were Sydney Grammer School papers.

aricho

HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
I dunno, but I've never had too much trouble with the CSSA maths exams, they seem relatively easy compared to some of the other papers I've done. But then, most of those harder ones were Sydney Grammer School papers.
yeah sgs are hard

everyone is saying all these trials are easy...maybe everyone is really really prepared so they seem easy?

Jessica14

HSC
Maybe the trials seem harder because we aren't as prepared for them, they just crept up on us quickly. Did anyone else have other internal assessments due right up until last week? The HSC may seem easier because we have around a month and a half to solely prepare for them.

joesymons

HSC
Im from jndabyne and im doing the catholic school trials
and they are rather challenging!!
Iv already done english 1&2 , D&T and PDH
Art, General Maths to go!!
how fun!!!
good luck everyone
i sure need it!!!
cya
JOE!!!:bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)