Catholic trials 2006. how r they? (1 Viewer)

need2studi

HSC
Software was an abosolute bitch!!!! Multiple choice was not too bad (i rekon i killed it). Qs 21 was okay except i forgot the symbols in system flowcharts (ARGH FUK!!). Qs 22 WAS NUTS!! The bloody algorithm qs i made bullshit up. Qs 23 was a bit retarted and mostly made up shit. The option topic (Software Developer's View of Hardware) was a bloody shit QS!!! I was hoping for lots of binary arithmetic qs (only 3 marks out of 20 and it was still a bit hard) but there was a ultra hard qs bout logic curcuits and truth tables. There were 2 logic circuits and 1 truth table for 15 FUKEN MARKS!!! The last qs im like ??? so i made up shit. I wanna at least get 50%+ but i aiming for 60%+ (hopefully!!)[/QUOTE]

Seriously for that software question, my mind nearly blew up.. it didnt specify really wether there was two buttons plus the two mico switches plus the two emergency switches. It really was a challenging, probaly fair question. but they awarded 15 marks to it. and for one part of one question in a test out of 100. I would say thats a little fair, as they hardly assesed knowledge on all other things.

dodgyfilokid

HSC
trials werent that bad although i have to do economics tomorrow coz some of the people in my class do senior science and they occur on the same time on the cssa timetable..that means we gotta do the independent schools paper..what a bitch!!!!! english wasnt too bad..religion was a bitch...ipt and modern history were ok except the ACID test question for IPT...maths was a pain d arse..stupid last question didnt have a clue at all coz i reckon we werent taught bout it yet.it was like prove that 36-9xsquared was d equation for calculatin the volume of a box..wtf???..so yep tomorrow last exam then 4day weekend

warstalker

I dunno
HSC
Business was pretty easy... the only thing i did bad was the last essay question... well hoping for 80+

2unit math was pretty easy.... but i do 4unit so it wont count for me... Question 9 and 10 were crazy :p i got like maximum 8/24 for last 2 sections.

3 unit math was crazy .... I think i got around 30% seriously failed that... The only questions i could do were from the first 2 questions ... rest were like confusing for me :( Ahhh physcis today iam gunna die !!!!!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Mm I'm doing physics today as well... good luck to all who are sitting it today!

2006hsc

HSC
finished my trials! i did good in everything except chemistry and maths..totally screwed those...but chem is worth 20%...and maths is worth 40% :(:(

hopefully only 1 unit of maths will count for my HSC

HSC
at my school we did ancient history and sparta + pompeii were good but hatshepsut and greece sukd

schnookims

*Premium Princess Member*
HSC
hey how did everyone go in physics?? ^^
i didnt think it was too hard =)

black_raven777

HSC
Our teacher hadn't done either of our pracs with us, we hadn't covered either of the last two questions in the core modules sheet and when using two valid equations for the projectile motion question I got different answers (21.07-21.22)

But the paper did seem easier than the STANSW ones I had attempted that morning, so fingers crossed

Last edited by a moderator:

dereck

-*-D_jojo-*-
HSC
black_raven777 said:
Our teacher hadn't done either of our pracs with us, we hadn't covered either of the last two questions in the core modules sheet and when using two valid equations for the projectile motion question I got different answers (21.07-21.22)

But the paper did seem easier than the STANSW ones I had attempted that morning, so fingers crossed
Although we did the prac, i had to make up bullshit for that question cuz i forgot what happened. but yeh, overall the test was okay, hoping 80+...

Dark Phoenix

HSC
Yay i finished my trials today! Unfortunately i had to do 2 exams today. Studies of Religion and Legal studies catholic trial papers. I was absent on the day SOR was on, so i had to do a different test. I heard that the SOR paper was really easy but with my test it was quite difficult. The multiple choice was the hardest part i reckon. Anyway Legal studies was pretty easy suprisingly since i hardly did any study for it. i was focusing way too much on SOR since i had the general idea on what legal studies was on about, but i didnt like the multiple choice. i had to make so many marks on the side of the multiple choice just to remind me to check over that specific question i had trouble with. So overall the catholic trials were pretty good, but i think i stuffed up my physics theory exam. Oh well... Lookin forward to the HSC exam (yeah right), i think its like 69 days to go. Far out time just flies!

Last edited:

wicked_65

HSC
The difficulty of the 4u exam was as expected, not too hard, not too easy. The first few qs weren't too good for the confidence. Finding that point P by considering the gradient in 2 different ways i couldnt get for some reason and i know ill kick myself after i see the solution to that qs. The qs about drawing those vectors on the argand diagram...WTF!!??....and u had to prove that it was a square or some shit...had no idea for that.

Our test had to be modified quite a bit cause we havent done conics and harder 3u (although some harder 3u qs were left in the test). Im hoping for at least 62.5% (75+ out of 120) so i get an internal mark of at least 70%.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
wicked_65 said:
The difficulty of the 4u exam was as expected, not too hard, not too easy. The first few qs weren't too good for the confidence. Finding that point P by considering the gradient in 2 different ways i couldnt get for some reason and i know ill kick myself after i see the solution to that qs. The qs about drawing those vectors on the argand diagram...WTF!!??....and u had to prove that it was a square or some shit...had no idea for that.

Our test had to be modified quite a bit cause we havent done conics and harder 3u (although some harder 3u qs were left in the test). Im hoping for at least 62.5% (75+ out of 120) so i get an internal mark of at least 70%.
I know, the first few questions did put me off as well, we also had a heavily edited trial (mainly Q5-8) since we hadn't covered polynomials and harder 3u.

chronical176

Suicidal companion
HSC
for those who think the papers are very easy, and will be even easier with the real hsc exam, just beware that ur not comparing marks, rather than the position that u came, i mean, if everyone else got above 90 for their exams, then ur marks wouldnt be so flashy.....just beware of that

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
WTF, you guys found the first few questions hard???!!!
I found them relatively easy and doable. Everything beyond and including Question 5 was hard for me....

H

housemouse

First few questions were not that hard however I thought some bits to it were hard for example the 3rd or 4th intergral one that was worth 4 marks. Gave up on it and only got one half of it. Couldnt think of what to do.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
JWiss, how would you know? Word off the grape vine is you've missed quite a few.

drlmf

HSC
im screwed ex-3umaths
and stupid 2u paper worth 40% and my mark was 40% >.<" aiiii... wat r great day to start school agen from trials!!!

JWiss

a.k.a Mr Awesome
HSC
I think it's actually word *of* the grape vine but anyway...

I dont really appreciate you personally attacking me on a public forum Jared, but I guess you don't really have much to do so I'll leave you to it ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)