Status
Not open for further replies.

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
Sarah168 said:
"How we supposed to know if it's gonna be...easy and fair" *wail*

lol i thought that last comment was pretty amusing
hahahaha *wail* haha thats classic... what comment ?

schmo

HotShot said:
The CSSA exam can only be exposed on a certain days. So when teachers are going to set it or anytother exam using those exams they KNOW the date its supposed to be exposed and yet they continued to set the test? WTF! its impossible to not realise that the test was from CSSA especially to the teachers. Hmmm i think cheltenham school should apologise to all the schools affected and espicially thier yr12 students.

They are not supposed toi set the paper early!.Its all on a given date!

If you loook back, I have already said that our principal has apologised to all year 12 students. I am proud of her actions, she has taken it all in and has not acted in vain towards anybody despite all the abusive emails and phonecalls, etc that she has received. Cheltenham administration is being throughly investigated...is that not enough or would you like for the whole administration department be shut down for just making a mistake. I am trying to emphasise the fact that a mistake was made and action IS being taken to deal with it.

Our school always takes our trials earlier than most schools, but I'm sure that we usually write our own papers. I don't know what happened this year, but it is being investigated and dealt with.

Last edited by a moderator:

r.haidar

HSC
schmo723 said:
If you loook back, I have already said that our principal has apologised to all year 12 students. I am proud of her actions, she has taken it all in and has not acted in vain towards anybody despite all the abusive emails and phonecalls, etc that she has received. Cheltenham administration is being throughly investigated...is that not enough or would you like for the whole administration department be shut down for just making a mistake. I am trying to emphasise the fact that a mistake was made and action IS being taken to deal with it.
when u sat ur exams, u didnt think that mayb u were starting a little early? is there any evidence to show that the questions got to the net?

dreamon36

HSC
Hahaha im from NSB, channel 10 choose some of the shifiest ppl to interview, way more than 12 people had heard the Q before the exam.

What a classic interview, and with shots of randoms playing handball in the background, it was so done-up it made me feel more sorry for myself.

And that last part "how are meant to know if its fair?" WTF!?

Neway back to Business Studies, which supposedly wasnt leaked

stf87

HSC
This whole situation is like 90210 meets Heartbreak High.

I personally wouldn't mind sitting the exam again, only because I wasn't as prepared as I should have been for it in the first place - but that's just me.

Whatever ends up happening, good luck everyone! Not long to go now.

schmo

r.haidar said:
when u sat ur exams, u didnt think that mayb u were starting a little early? is there any evidence to show that the questions got to the net?
Actually no, because there were a couple of schools that did their trials earlier than ours. Besides we our teachers usually write their own papers so we didn't think any different this time. We were not informed about anything to do with any catholic trial.

kori_yuki

I'll like to vertify that Cheltenham girls high school onli did it 2 days early !! . And on the cover of the trials for cghs didn't say it was the catholic trials it just had an ordinary cover with the schools name on it. Plus the trials is students against each other in their school and the hsc is against the whole state.

schmo

dreamon36

HSC
r.haidar said:
I can personally vouch that the Lear Q went thru MSN as a wild rumour

r.haidar

HSC
kori_yuki said:
I'll like to vertify that Cheltenham girls high school onli did it 2 days early !! . And on the cover of the trials for cghs didn't say it was the catholic trials it just had an ordinary cover with the schools name on it. Plus the trials is students against each other in their school and the hsc is against the whole state.
if that is the case then no-one should be made to re-sit it... in my opinion...

kori_yuki said:
Plus the trials is students against each other in their school and the hsc is against the whole state.
that was a stupid comment... trials count towards ur UAI which is against everyone... statewide... trials are weighted buddy...

r.haidar

HSC
dreamon36 said:
I can personally vouch that the Lear Q went thru MSN as a wild rumour
it was a shit question haha i dunno wats gunna happen but our school is the kind that would 'opt' to resit the exam.. coz our principal will want to be a hero haha

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
A few extracts from the ch10 story

Anchor: "Teachers at Cheltenham Girls high are facing the sack after giving their students the exams early"

REPORTER "Teachers at Cheltenham girls high breached strict rules by setting the exams a week early. The questions then were leaked onto the internet"

FLETCHER (DET) "There was no internal communications breakdown at the school"

IAN BAKER (CSSA) "It is a serious breach, but in every year since 1967 there is some hiccup here and there"

MORRIS IEMMA (Premier) "QUite clearly we have let them down"

Reporter: "In total the cheltenham girls sat 8 papers too early"

"Education authorities are confident that no students will have being leaked questions to this weeks business studies or geography examinations despite cheltenham girls high having sat those exams days ago."

CSSA: "They would have to have photographic memories"

"Students with unusual scores will be investigated"

NoToRiOuS87

i loved school soooo much
HSC
there will be more info on channel 7 news....they came to carlingford high...and i think channel 9 went to cheltnem... so watch them if u want more info

NoToRiOuS87

i loved school soooo much
HSC
r.haidar said:
it was a shit question haha i dunno wats gunna happen but our school is the kind that would 'opt' to resit the exam.. coz our principal will want to be a hero haha
yer thats why carlo is redoing it...r principal likes to be a hero also

dreamon36

HSC
MORRIS IEMMA hahaha he has let us down

I demand a letter of apology/resignation on my desk tomoz

Still cant get over the interview

"My next essay won't be anywhere near as good." -----y?

"How do we know that the question that we're going to get now are going to be easy and fair." - I swear i have never heard this guy talk til today

man that makes my skool look like a bunch of whingy ethnics, which is a half truth...

schmo

Deus said:
A few extracts from the ch10 story

Anchor: "Teachers at Cheltenham Girls high are facing the sack after giving their students the exams early"

REPORTER "Teachers at Cheltenham girls high breached strict rules by setting the exams a week early. The questions then were leaked onto the internet"

FLETCHER (DET) "There was no internal communications breakdown at the school"

IAN BAKER (CSSA) "It is a serious breach, but in every year since 1967 there is some hiccup here and there"

MORRIS IEMMA (Premier) "QUite clearly we have let them down"

Reporter: "In total the cheltenham girls sat 8 papers too early"

"Education authorities are confident that no students will have being leaked questions to this weeks business studies or geography examinations despite cheltenham girls high having sat those exams days ago."

CSSA: "They would have to have photographic memories"

"Students with unusual scores will be investigated"

"sat 8 papers too early"? I don't see how sitting internally written exams had anything to do with the catholic trial papers other schools sat.

Well we will just have to stand our ground and defend ourselves despite the falsehoods that the rest of NSW will link us with. We stand by our prinicpal 100% and will continue to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

christina88

HSC
i can't believe you all are listening to the media so religiously. if NSW education and common sense has taught you anything, it's that media distorts the truth, revealing only one side of it, and usually throwing in several false facts.

cheltenham girls did NOT release 8 papers early. they released the english 2u papers only. they did NOT cheat, if anything, it's the schools that did their trials after they did that got the advantage, especially by calling up cheltenham girls and asking them for the questions.

it's such a shame, i thought people had more integrity than this; to defame a school on one mistake, which is already being dealt with by the proper authorities.

you can all watch the news, but acknowledge that it's not 'info' it's ... bullshit.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
lol who said i was believing what the media is saying?

helper

HSC
N/A
schmo723 said:
"sat 8 papers too early"? I don't see how sitting internally written exams had anything to do with the catholic trial papers other schools sat.
If they used the catholic papers for all eight, they have broken a legal contract that states you will do the paper on the day specified or later. As the CSSA said, it happens every year.

Sure Cheltenham should be told, we are no longer going to supply you with trials for breaking security arrangments. I'm interested why no-one is having a go at the tutors that also apparently were teaching from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)