Catholic Trials f*ck up (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
Cheltenham Girls High School did the Catholic Trials a week early.. some information leaked and people went into my exam with prepared essays. Therefore the locals school, of which I am one of, are talking about cancelling our scores and resitting new un-aldulterated exams. Fuck Cheltenham, Fuck you hard. Fuck you who pre-prepared you selfish people. Thank you for making me sit my TWO English exams again. Another four hours of my life gone. Everyone in the state who did the Catholic Trials should be forced to redo it, if I have to, you all have to. Goodbye

Last edited:

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
m8 fuking hell!! ive gota agree with u, i think i mite hav to redo the exams as well, this is so bloody unfair

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Blame Cheltenham Girls staff, but not the girls.

It was the staff's error, the girls had no choice to sit the exam when the school set it.
And of course the girls would talk about the exam after they did it. We all do.

Some heads should be rolling in the upper levels of cheltenham girls high.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
Isn't it a condition that if the schools choose to use the CSSA papers that they have to comply with the specified timetable that evry1 school has to follow?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes it is a condition. And it is exactly why the person who set the date at cheltenham should go.

Oh and I live about 2 minutes away from Cheltenham, 1000s of CGHS girls catch my train. I could shout at them for all of you...but meh not their fault :p

major booboo

HSC
everyobody i would just like to say that yes both paper one and paper two (area of study and advanced paper) for NSBH NBHS, epping and others (definitely more to come) will have to resit their exams. not only english tho. also music, dt. well that decides it. i have had enuff. i shall complain. and if heads dont roll at cheltenham i will roll. roll a blunt that is. :p

nah seriously everyone i would be getting scared if i was you. cos you probably will all have to reschedule. breach of security will definitely affect everyone. and i also think that all those students out there SHOULD KNOW THIS. so if 'bored of studies" deletes this thread like they did the other ones i posted in then grrrrrrrrrrrr....

peace out

major booboo

HSC
if you go to the CSSA website you will notice at top of page point NUMBER ONE underneath "Please note the conditions of supply..." that it clearly says you may not reschudule the date of paper.
http://www.cssa.com.au/Orders/Timetable.pdf
see above site. grrrrrr.... how could they. grrrrrrrr...
oh well look at it positively everyone. because u can consider it to be a practice for you all.
:)

Y

ydnas

notice hows its boys schools that have to re sit the test (so far). "omg, if i tell that hottie the question, he's bound to want to go out with me and marry me and have kids...omg omg."

but seriously now.
No one should have to redo the test. The best punishment that could be dished out i reckon is to kick the arse of the staff at cheltenham and give every english student the state-wide average mark for being so fucking stupid to put not only their own marks at stake but for helping out other people.

Ive personally typed up an email to the principal of the school congratulating him and his staff on a job well done... i urge you all to do the same

major booboo

HSC
ha legend.
but the ramifications of a breach of security are far too serious to be dealt with in an offhand or haphazard manner. if they reschedule three schools which theyhave then it should and probably will be all. too much is at stake. personally i dont care at all. but a lot of other people will care about whether some people had an advantage or not.

Y

ydnas

i personally couldnt care less about the advantage people had. just the fact that stupid staff members who thought they were cool, are making us redo it... FUCKERS!

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
For the aos paper why couldnt we only redo section 3, cause i would imagine that there would of been little or no adv to be gained in the unseen texts, and the creative writing section even if sum ppl were told beforehand, as if any1 could remember the exact texts in in section 1 and people go in with generic creative stories anyway and it would of been v. easy for any1 to fit their story into section2. But definately ppl would of gained a major adv in section 3.

One more thing, wat about standard will they have to redo paper 2 as well?

I hope the loser who was resp. for the Cheltenham exam scheduling knows the shit they've caused to heaps of ppl, and i also hope he or she gets into deep shit with the CSSA.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
They did this last year as well. Shame I didn't find out the trials were the same until after I sat my own :(

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
shortygb said:
WHAT! everyone who did the CSSA Trials have to do it again? bloddy hell! where is Cheltenham Girls located?
Cheltenham.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ydnas said:
No one should have to redo the test. The best punishment that could be dished out i reckon is to kick the arse of the staff at cheltenham and give every english student the state-wide average mark for being so fucking stupid to put not only their own marks at stake but for helping out other people.
You cannot punish the girls, that's just fucking stupid.

major booboo

HSC
taco man said:
For the aos paper why couldnt we only redo section 3, cause i would imagine that there would of been little or no adv to be gained in the unseen texts, and the creative writing section even if sum ppl were told beforehand, as if any1 could remember the exact texts in in section 1 and people go in with generic creative stories anyway and it would of been v. easy for any1 to fit their story into section2. But definately ppl would of gained a major adv in section 3.

One more thing, wat about standard will they have to redo paper 2 as well?
i agree wit what you say to some extent however you must appreciate the fact that they can't discriminate one question from another in a situation like this. the whole paper will be redone. rules are rules.

no the standard will not be redone because cheltenham do not do standard... i think. if someone knows post it. i am pritty sure they don't but then again that is only cos our school Only does advanced.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
major booboo said:
i agree wit what you say to some extent however you must appreciate the fact that they can't discriminate one question from another in a situation like this. the whole paper will be redone. rules are rules.

no the standard will not be redone because cheltenham do not do standard... i think. if someone knows post it. i am pritty sure they don't but then again that is only cos our school Only does advanced.
I would think that Cheltenham do do standard, as while they do perform highly in the HSC, they're still a public school and as such have to cater for students of all abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)